Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Horse OGs in the 1st Round?

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201.../mock-draft-10

This mock has OG Clint Boling and OG Danny Watkins as 1st round picks. Is there any chance that this happens?

I can understand Watkins but no way Boling makes it into the first. IMO, Cannon, Wisniewski, Pouncey, Watkins, and maybe Ijalana are the only guys that might be able to sneak into the first on the interior line. None of them are sure-fire 1st rounders and Cannon/Ijalana will need to have big combines to legitimately get in the mix (and both still might even project at OT)

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

1% chance.

Comment

Both are possible, but I see both as more 2nd round this year. Watkins age could be a slight factor and though Boling has played well, but isn't a dominating guard.

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
          Both are possible, but I see both as more 2nd round this year. Watkins age could be a slight factor and though Boling has played well, but isn't a dominating guard.
          That's true about Boling, several teams need OGs but won't take them int the 1st, e.g, the 9ers w/ the new Harbaugh regime are going to dump Chilo Rachal, will need a new OG or center, & I think Leonard Davis is done in Dallas after his epic fail in game after game last season.

Wisniewski with his center/OG versatility is the only name that comes to mind who could sneak into the late 1st besides Boling, who might be a luxury pick for a playoff team in the late 1st rd. Not Watkins.

Comment

Cannon
            Pouncey
            Watson
            Hudson

Those are the guys I think could sneak into the bottom of round 1. Each is a unique type of interior lineman.

Comment

of all NFL raft sites I hold PFW very high
              Patriots Draft 2015
              1. CB - Marcus Peters
              2. WR - Sammie Coates
              3. RB - David Johnson
              3. DT - Angelo Blackson
              4. OG - Tre Jackson
              4. DE - Za'Darius Smith
              5. LB - Ben Heeney
              6. TE - Wes Saxton
              7. OG - Jose Matais

Comment

Originally posted by Clarkw267 View Post
                Cannon
                Pouncey
                Watson
                Hudson

Those are the guys I think could sneak into the bottom of round 1. Each is a unique type of interior lineman.
                I think Ijalana will come into the late 1st round conversation as well, but I would be shocked to see Watkins [27 years old] and Boling [Not overly dominant] making it into the 1st.

Comment

Tyron Smith to Tampa Bay... What?

Back on topic. I could see Ben Eej sneaking in or maybe someone falls in love with Cannon's feet and size.

Comment

If I had to pick one dark horse guard who goes in the 1st, it would be Ben Ijalana.

Watkins is interesting. I'm sold that he's a first round talent but we don't know how much stock teams will put into his age.

Comment

Russ Lande called, he wants his mock draft back.

Comment

Watkins is a nice player but at his age he's not going to be a first round selection and Boling should never even sniff the first round because there's at least five guys at guard who are better football players than he is. Cannon and Pouncey are the two guards I see as potential first rounders.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Only OG's that deserve some consideration for the 1st are Cannon and Pouncey.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                            Who do you think would possibly take Clint Boling in the 1st?

Comment

Like both, especially Watkins, but I'll bet neither ends up in the first round...
                              Scott Wright, President
                              Draft Countdown.com
                              www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                              www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information