Can Iowa's Adrian Clayborn Play DT?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Iowa's Adrian Clayborn Play DT?

With Adrian Clayborn's draft stock falling from last season is their a chance Cover 2 teams like the Colts and Bears look at him as a penetrating DT?

i can kinda see it.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Yeah, I guess so. It wouldn't completely out of the question anyway...

Not ideal however.

Comment

Not if you ask me. He's firmly a 4-3 DE and could be a damn good one at that. His junior tape is insane. I understand he had a rough year, but if he can become the type of player people thought he was going to be after his junior season, he could be a steal for someone in the late first.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          Not if you ask me. He's firmly a 4-3 DE and could be a damn good one at that. His junior tape is insane. I understand he had a rough year, but if he can become the type of player people thought he was going to be after his junior season, he could be a steal for someone in the late first.
          That's what they said about Quentin Moses........

just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
            That's what they said about Quentin Moses........

just sayin'
            Its very true. I could very well be wrong but Im still a believer in Clayborn's ability.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I feel like he could embrace a Justin Tuck type role.

Comment

i kinda like him in a 34 at DE
                E]

Comment

4-3 LDE and 3rd down DT, I could see it.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                    That's what I'm thinking too.

I wouldn't spend a 1st on him. 3 of his 4 seasons he's been average at best.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                      That's what I'm thinking too.

I wouldn't spend a 1st on him. 3 of his 4 seasons he's been average at best.
                      Depends on the team. If Chicago didn' have such pressing OL needs I could see them picking him in the late first. I wonder if the Ravens or Jets would pick him up to play a Trevor Pryce type role.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                        That's what I've been saying since the past few times I've seen Clayborn. RDE looks out of the question at this point, LDE seems more likely with him possibly bumping to UT in passing situations.

Comment

yea move him to dt...probably just as successful as it was moving carriker to dt...face palm

Comment

I don't think so. Teams like the Eagles get cute like that sometimes and it doesn't usually work. I think he'll pick up snaps at DT only if he can't get on the field at DE, leaves the team that drafts him as a FA and latches on somewhere as a backup LDE/UT pass-rusher on a team looking to maximize what he can do.

In other words, the team that drafts him probably won't have him playing DT in mind. Unless it's the Eagles.
                            Nick Foles are you really my daddy??!..?

Comment

I think the bigger question is his conditioning, he really struggled to stay on the field without getting winded in most of the Iowa games i saw. If he looks out of shape at the combine and workouts he is going to drop down people's boards. Hopefully he's working on those issues as we speak.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information