Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2/12 - Rankings Updated!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2/12 - Rankings Updated!

    Just wanted to let everyone know that I updated the rankings. Needless to say there were quite a few significant changes following all of the all-star game action. Feel free to post questions in this thread and I will definitely do my best to stop by from time to time and answer them.

    So without further adieu:


    Quarterbacks
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/QB.php

    Running Backs
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/RB.php

    Fullbacks
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/FB.php

    Wide Receivers
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/WR.php

    Tight Ends
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/TE.php

    Offensive Tackles
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/OT.php

    Offensive Guards
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/OG.php

    Centers
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/C.php

    Defensive Ends
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/DE.php

    Defensive Tackles
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/DT.php

    Outside Linebackers
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/OLB.php

    Inside Linebackers
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/ILB.php

    Cornerbacks
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/CB.php

    Safeties
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/S.php

    Kickers
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/K.php

    Punters
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/P.php

    Return Specialists
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/RS.php

    Long-Snappers
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/LS.php

    Sleepers
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/SLEEPERS.php

    Overrated / Underrated
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/OVERUNDER.php

    Top 100 Overall
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/Rankings/TOP.php


    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

    Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

    Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes


  • #2
    Glad to see my two favorite prospects, Mason Foster and Edmund Gates, steadily rising up your boards.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
      Glad to see my two favorite prospects, Mason Foster and Edmund Gates, steadily rising up your boards.
      I've always been on the Mason Foster bandwagon. In fact, he's been the OLB on my Underrated list all year long. I just removed him in this latest update because it appears people are finally catching on and it looks like he is now considered to be a solid second or third rounder.
      Scott Wright, President
      Draft Countdown.com
      www.draftcountdown.com

      Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

      Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
      www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

      Comment


      • #4
        Kudos from Crimson Tide fans to see Julio the Great rising to the #2 ranking, he earned it through a vast improvement in 2010 over 09 when he played much of the season injured.

        He made some circus catches last season, developed the skillset of getting separation, finding the holes in coverage & actually breaking patterns for TDs when he saw mistakes -- like in the 2nd qtr vs Auburn, a game where he racked up 199 yds in receptions vs. the NC. He also achieved a clutch reputation, cuting his drops & rarely missing on the jump ball, he was an absolute nightmare for 5-8 & 5-9 CBs & held his own against top of the line corners like Peterson at LSU.

        Disagreeing about Cecil Shorts being so high on the WR list, he got his stats for a reason: vs. Div. III opponents.

        RE: safeties -- Agree on Rahim Moore being #1. How did Tyler Sash drop so far? Also disagree about Carter at #2 & Black at #4, their lack of size could be prohibitive in the NFL when they have to cover & take down 6-5, 230-pounders. I've always been high on Deunta Williams from UNC but I realize there are injury concerns.
        Last edited by LizardState; 02-12-2011, 11:32 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Kudos to Scott for hanging in on Jake Locker (sort of). While others are walking off the cliff like Lemmings i think smart people will keep it real. Locker's stock has been all over the map in the last week or so and he hasnt even played a game during that time.

          A couple of guys i am torn on:

          Robert Quinn, i have a hard time seeing peoples stock rise or stay the same when they havent played a game in a year.

          Tyron Smith, In all the USC games i've seen he is no doubt a great athlete but i really question his strength and balance at the point of attack.

          Nate Solder, maybe it's me, i just dont get it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Nice to see Denarius Moore make his debut, even if I think he's still ranked a little low. :D

            I think his 40 might surprise at the combine.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

            Comment


            • #7
              Marcus Gilbert is one of the most pure left tackles in this class and you have him 12th among tackles. Behind Ijalana, Love, Franklin, Boiling, and Ziemba who will all likely wind up as guards. Ziemba is at best a 5th round pick. You also have him behind Pinkston who is either a guard or right tackle only and a 6th round pick if he's lucky. Gilbert will almost certainly be drafted in the 1st round and will probably be a starting left tackle next year. I don't understand.

              Enderle ahead of Kaepernik, Dalton, and Devlin is pretty questionable as well.

              Wow are you missing the boat on Dion Lewis, Bilal Powell, John Clay, Jamie Harper, and Daniel Thomas.

              Way too low on Phil Taylor, Jarvis Jenkins, and extremely low on Terrell McClain.

              I'll stop there, but so much more is very questionable.

              Comment


              • #8
                Good to see Brooks Reed and Mason Foster climb. Nice job overall guys!

                R.I.P. Junior Seau

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nice work as always guy.Also glad to see Locker still in the top 3 QB at least.I wish the draft would get here grr lol.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Pretty sure Gabbert will run closer to the 4.55 you have listed for the guy below him than 4.75.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Dareus is a DT? I thought he was projected to be a DE.....Well, I guess he could go either way depending on the team that drafts him, this is the age of d-linemen specialization.

                      He & Fairley are 1 & 2, both on the top tier as they s/b, both of them have personally taken over & completely dominated entire games at the college level.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        nate solder will be back to number 1 after the combine... he will show how good he CAN be and Tyron Smith will fall because theres no way a guy whos barely 280 pounds can survive in the NFL at OT.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          Kudos to Scott for hanging in on Jake Locker (sort of). While others are walking off the cliff like Lemmings i think smart people will keep it real. Locker's stock has been all over the map in the last week or so and he hasnt even played a game during that time.
                          He did compare him to John Elway. When you make comparisons like that, it's hard not to jump off the bandwagon when you were one of the first ones on the bandwagon, and then kicked the driver out of the driver seat and drove it all the way Elway Lane.

                          Having him 3rd among QBs, and having a junior no one was really talking about 3 months ago ahead of him, well, that's pretty much eating every overpraised comment he has made about him. Locker should still be his #1 guy with the kind of things he was saying about him. JOHN FACKING ELWAY!!! You compare him that guy, he should be your #1 QB without question, otherwise you don't make the comparison. He has Locker ahead of Ryan Mallet. That's pretty much it. And I'm pretty sure, if memory serves me correctly, Scott wasn't a Mallet advocate (and secretly, I bet Scott despises Mallet, and rightfully so because Mallet is a lazy, clubfooted scumbag). If Luck entered, then he would have Locker 4th among QBs. That's jumping off the bandwagon / cliff, whatever you want to call it. There is nothing wrong with that, but it should have happened after the first Nebraska game where Locker showed some glaring flaws that had not been corrected from his junior season... and John Elway should have never been mentioned before that (considering he had not accomplished a ******* thing going into his senior season).
                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                          Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                          I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                          Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                          Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                          I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                          Originally posted by GoRavens
                          Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't buy Dareus over Fairley at this point.

                            Bonekrusher.

                            Originally posted by JordanTaber
                            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                              He did compare him to John Elway. When you make comparisons like that, it's hard not to jump off the bandwagon when you were one of the first ones on the bandwagon, and then kicked the driver out of the driver seat and drove it all the way Elway Lane.

                              Having him 3rd among QBs, and having a junior no one was really talking about 3 months ago ahead of him, well, that's pretty much eating every overpraised comment he has made about him. Locker should still be his #1 guy with the kind of things he was saying about him. JOHN FACKING ELWAY!!! You compare him that guy, he should be your #1 QB without question, otherwise you don't make the comparison. He has Locker ahead of Ryan Mallet. That's pretty much it. And I'm pretty sure, if memory serves me correctly, Scott wasn't a Mallet advocate (and secretly, I bet Scott despises Mallet, and rightfully so because Mallet is a lazy, clubfooted scumbag). If Luck entered, then he would have Locker 4th among QBs. That's jumping off the bandwagon / cliff, whatever you want to call it. There is nothing wrong with that, but it should have happened after the first Nebraska game where Locker showed some glaring flaws that had not been corrected from his junior season... and John Elway should have never been mentioned before that (considering he had not accomplished a ******* thing going into his senior season).
                              First, just to be clear, I never said Locker was the next John Elway. I said some in the NFL were making that comparison. With that said, there are / were definitely similarities there so I don't run away from it. Jake Locker is extraordinarily talented and every bit the physical freak that a guy like Cam Newton is.

                              I did drop Locker after he failed to impress at the Senior Bowl like I thought he would. Have I soured on Locker a bit in the last six months? Absolutely? How could you not? I'd be stupid to just bury my head in the sand and ignore the issues that are there. However, I probably still have him ranked higher than most and absolutely believe he will be a first round pick when all is said and done. Maybe as early as #10 overall!
                              Scott Wright, President
                              Draft Countdown.com
                              www.draftcountdown.com

                              Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

                              Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                              www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information