No announcement yet.

Players that Scott Wright Overrated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It didn't hurt that he had Drew Brees as his QB and Deangelo Williams had s**t
    Also I'm sure kim kardashian was the reason for him being a disappointment.
    Last edited by Ghost of Juice; 02-17-2011, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
      Scott how did you miss so badly in 2008 with Danny Woodhead and BenJarvus Green-Ellis? 30 and 32 in the RBs. Come on it was clear as day that they were going to be stars ;)
      Woodhead is only a star in the Patriots offense. He wouldn't fit in on most teams. That's why the Jets waived him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docta View Post
        Woodhead is only a star in the Patriots offense. He wouldn't fit in on most teams. That's why the Jets waived him.
        This gentleman here is the reason why the Jets waived Woodhead.

Comment

• I just want to add that I don't feel LaVar Arrington's inability to live up to huge expectations was totally about injuries. He didn't have the best attitude in the world. Maybe I expected too much of him in the NFL, but I thought he could have been much better than he was.

Comment

• The Saints definitely coached Bush to be the type of player that he is.

They discourage him to run inside because they have cost-effective alternatives (Thomas, Ivory) to take that beating.

And it's been successful (in terms of winning). He's also a factor when he doesn't touch the ball (you have to gameplan on him and account for the edges when he's on the field) and makes a difference in field position. I think his overall impact is greater than the stats suggest.
            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
              The Saints definitely coached Bush to be the type of player that he is.

They discourage him to run inside because they have cost-effective alternatives (Thomas, Ivory) to take that beating.

And it's been successful (in terms of winning). He's also a factor when he doesn't touch the ball (you have to gameplan on him and account for the edges when he's on the field) and makes a difference in field position. I think his overall impact is greater than the stats suggest.
              Still not worth the 2nd overall pick of the draft.

Comment

• When you add his stats together, he averages about 70 yards per game, rushing and receiving. That's really not bad. 4 career PR touchdowns is about what people expected him to have at this point in his career. But, ultimately, Reggie Bush was drafted to be a big-play guy, and that's what he isn't. He has a serious lack of long runs in his career. He only has 10 runs over twenty yards in is career. That's an average of two per year. It takes him, statistically, 52 runs before he breaks a 20-yarder. And in his career, he only has two runs over 40 yards. DeAngelo Williams was brought up, so I'll compare the two: Williams has 36 runs of over 20 yards on 841 carries. That's a big run every 23 carries. And when you think about it, Reggie Bush has been playing in a wide-open, explosive offense with Drew Brees and his receivers scaring secondaries, while the best Williams has had was Jake Delhomme. You can look at receiving ability, too; they both have the same career yards-per-catch, but again, Williams has been almost three times as likely to take a reception over twenty yards as Reggie does.

Reggie Bush was drafted to be a big-play player. Not just a chain-mover. And regardless of what you think of his value to the Saints offense, the fact remains that he is hasn't proven to be an explosive player. He's a fast player, an agile player, he's hard to tackle, but he's an inefficient runner who dances too much and consequently loses a lot of yards he could've gotten if he would simply plant his foot and get another couple. It's as though he's trying to get the huge play without anyone touching him every time he gets the ball, and the defenders use that to their advantage. For where he was drafted and what was expected of him, he's a bust.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                  I just want to add that I don't feel LaVar Arrington's inability to live up to huge expectations was totally about injuries. He didn't have the best attitude in the world. Maybe I expected too much of him in the NFL, but I thought he could have been much better than he was.
                  Arrington's problem was that he tried to freelance like Lawrence Taylor without being as good as Lawrence Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                    I just want to add that I don't feel LaVar Arrington's inability to live up to huge expectations was totally about injuries. He didn't have the best attitude in the world. Maybe I expected too much of him in the NFL, but I thought he could have been much better than he was.
                    I think people forget that for a time, LaVar Arrington was absolutely dominant. He had a habit of freelancing, but the guy was one of the premier LBers in the game during his heydey. In fact, outside of Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher and Derrick Brooks, you probably could have made a case for Arrington being one of the best LBs in the league.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Now that I think about it, there are a lot of similarities between Arrington and LT. Both were picked second overall. They have similar skillsets. They have similar styles of play. And they both had their careers ended by achilles tendon injuries.

Part of the problem with Arrington, too, is that he never really got used properly. The only coach that ever let him just bumrush the **** out of the quarterback on every play (let him line up with his hand on the ground a lot, too) was Marvin Lewis - and he was there for only one season IIRC.

So yeah. Arrington is basically a homeless man's LT.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        I think people forget that for a time, LaVar Arrington was absolutely dominant. He had a habit of freelancing, but the guy was one of the premier LBers in the game during his heydey. In fact, outside of Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher and Derrick Brooks, you probably could have made a case for Arrington being one of the best LBs in the league.
                        This is exactly what I was thinking as I watched him get steamrolled by Dorsey Levens.

He was never that good. For all of the plays he made, he took himself out of twice as many because he was such a moron. I am sure you can put together a pretty nice Arrington highlight film, but he was a absolute bum on the coaches tape.

Comment

• Ricky Sapp. The guy obviously can't play football. I can't say it was only Scott, but Sapp sucks. (and i protested anyone who even sniffed Sapp to the Patriots)

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          Arrington is basically a homeless man's LT.
                          LMAO. YFS is one of DCs best posters.

edit: weighing in on Reggie Bush. I heard someone I respect quite a bit say that he was a 10 play a game kind of guy (in the time when everyone still believed in franchise running backs) and I dropped Bush into the late part of the first round. Then again, I thought LenWhale White was a better back. . . :/
                          Last edited by descendency; 02-17-2011, 11:49 PM.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost of Juice View Post
                            Also I'm sure kim kardashian was the reason for him being a disappointment.
                            This makes as much sense as anything else.

And I remember Metcalf. Good comparison for Bush, but Metcalf was a better receiver.
                            Last edited by WCH; 02-18-2011, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• I'm proud of the fact that I remember liking Deangelo Williams better than reggie bush in 06 and thinking that Brady Quinn sucked. (my logic being that i disregarded receiving yards at the time and i didn't really see it in Quinn)

I also hated Adrian Peterson to the vikings because he was too injury-prone and that Taylor had >1000 yards, and Loving Jamarcus Russell. oh well.
                              <This space reserved for Leonard Fournette love>

Hackenberg vs Morris!
                              FIRE UP THE KD CANNON!

Comment

• listen, we can all say what we want about the Bush thing, and Ive read everything so far and we can say all we want, but theres one thing that matters…he contributed (small or large role is up to you to decide, but nontheless still had a role) in the helping the Saints win the Super Bowl. Thats all that matters, he was there and he played a part, he doesn't have to be Barry Sanders and in fact he isn't because his team won a championship, something Barry regardless of how good he was could never do. Would the Saints do the pick over again? I think they would say no because they are content with the threat Bush provides and he now has a ring to show for it.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by Lions WMD
                                None of you will be alive to see who gets picked at #3 if the Lions don't pick Suh at #2. I'll blow up the whole world.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information