2/15 - Mock Draft Updated!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/15 - Mock Draft Updated!

I just made my fifth mock draft of the year, the first post-Senior Bowl, live!

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions just like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

Now... FIRE AWAY! :)
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Im gonna need one of these:

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Comment

No Ryan Mallett in the first round... not that I can't see it happening, but still very interesting.
      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
        Im gonna need one of these:

Oddly enough, Newton is the perfect fit. He has a criminal record. He's a high profile player. Raw with a ton of potential. QB position is in flux... it all adds up. If he gets a gun charge between now and the draft I think Newton to the Bengals would be a lock. They may even trade up to get him.
        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
        Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
        I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
        Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
        Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
        I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
        Originally posted by GoRavens
        Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

Skins pick is epic. I'd buy my jersey in .003 seconds if that happened.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
          12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Quinn over Green,Fairley, and Amukura for SF?I think any those players would be a better fit then OLB in the first round.Besides Crabtree and Morgon we have no true number WR.Green would be a good competition for Crabs to elevate his game more.Could always use more depth at DT but being at the 3-4 not a need just more depth and Amukura would be a better as CB is our biggest need other then QB!Nice mock other wise tho from you guys.April is so far away grr!

Comment

Like the Vikings pick, assuming they can pick up a guy like Orton in FA.

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com

Comment

I am struggling to envision a scenario in which AJ Green could realistically fall to 10, but who knows, receivers tend to drop sometimes, I guess...

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Dareus going over Fairley? They both have question marks but Fairley is way more active. Plus I think the Bills go after Cam.

And the Browns need AJ Green hard.

The Cowboys would trade down for a tackle IMO rather than a JAG 5 technique at 9. They are also drooling over Peterson so dont be surprised if theres a trade up if hes there around 6 or 7.

Comment

In all honesty I am not really a fan of the San Diego pick. Akeem Ayers will flash at the combine, but he is not a playmaker, and is very soft. I have watched tape, and he doesn't tackle that well, doesn't play aggressive, and is not real "tough". I think he is a better fit in the 4-3 at this point than the 3-4, because opposing OT's will maul him to death.

I would much rather have a player like Justin Houston, a potential 5 tech, or OT (granted AJ Smith doesn't ever take OL in round 1). Also a darkhorse would be a Corner, as the whole "Jammer to Safety" thing is brought up a decent amount

Comment

love the patriots mock

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMorningZoo View Post
                        In all honesty I am not really a fan of the San Diego pick. Akeem Ayers will flash at the combine, but he is not a playmaker, and is very soft. I have watched tape, and he doesn't tackle that well, doesn't play aggressive, and is not real "tough". I think he is a better fit in the 4-3 at this point than the 3-4, because opposing OT's will maul him to death.
                        That's exactly the impression I hold of him. He looks like a great athlete, but the NFL is just so much more physical than what he's had to deal with in college that I don't know if he'll be able to be an impact player. I really, really tend to shy away from linebackers who can be described as "finesse" players. Akeem Ayers looks like a finesse player to me. There isn't really any violence to his game.

Comment

Allen Bailey again to the Falcon's,yuck. A pure speed rusher is needed not a tweener. Bailey will put good workout stats up but putting pressure on the QB is the biggest need not another tweener. The Falcon's learned with Jamaal Anderson not to go for the tweeners again. Many other players with higher upside than Bailey at pick 27. While def end is the biggest need I hope Dimitroff doesn't overreach for a tweener. Receiver, off line,linebacker if any player rates higher than Bailey I could see that being the pick.

Why wouldn't Torrey Smith be a good pick for the Falcon's? I would even take Kyle Rudolph over Bailey even though Gonazlez is coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
                            Quinn over Green,Fairley, and Amukura for SF?I think any those players would be a better fit then OLB in the first round.Besides Crabtree and Morgon we have no true number WR.Green would be a good competition for Crabs to elevate his game more.Could always use more depth at DT but being at the 3-4 not a need just more depth and Amukura would be a better as CB is our biggest need other then QB!Nice mock other wise tho from you guys.April is so far away grr!
                            Please stop.

Just think to yourself about all of the great 3-4 teams in the league, what do they have?

An elite pass rusher, sometimes two! If Robert Quinn, through this evaluation process, is able to show that he is that kind of player, then this is an amazing pick. I personally have Amukamara ahead of him, but it wouldnt break my heart.

We desperately need a pass rushing force on the edge, just as badly as we need a presence in the secondary.

No true #1? Crabtree was in his second year, in a crappy offense for his talents. Depth at DT? What? Marcell Dareus and Nick Fairley would both be ends in the 3-4...
                            Originally posted by Babylon
                            It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

As a Bucs fan, Smith is exactly who I would hope for... but I completely disagree about the need for an OLB... and even if they did need one, Akeem Ayers does not come close to fitting the T-2 bill. True, most likely Barrett Ruud will be allowed to leave but the replacement is already on the roster in either Quincy Black or Tyrone McKenzie. They really like Dekoda Watson as well and he would move to Sam if Black went to Mike. The need for an OLB early is severly overstated.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information