Peterson to Broncos Now Less Likely

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peterson to Broncos Now Less Likely

Bailey discussion goes in the NFL section, I'm aware. This is for discussion about the #2 pick now that Peterson makes far less sense for Denver. Also I want to see the Broncos fans here argue with non-Broncos fans, because that's always funny.

Who will it be? Bowers/Fairley? Still Peterson? Trade? Wild card?

John Fox loves athletic 4-3 DEs. I predict it will be Bowers.

Comment

Wrong place

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I think they were gonna take Bowers/Fairley/Dareus anyways. Elite defensive linemen win championships, not elite defensive backs as much.

Comment

I never bought Peterson at #2 overall anyways. DB's just don't go that high.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
            Wrong place
            I think this topic is relevant both here and in the NFL forum because this signing could have a huge impact on who goes #2 overall. It's certainly possible that the Broncos go with Peterson regardless, but I'm thinking Bowers looks more likely at this point assuming the Panthers go with Fairley #1.

Comment

I don't see why the Broncos would draft Bowers, they've got Ayers at LE and Doom at RE. Ayers obviously being unproven but still very talented and in development.
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                I don't see why the Broncos would draft Bowers, they've got Ayers at LE and Doom at RE. Ayers obviously being unproven but still very talented and in development.
                Ayers was pathetic last year. I don't see him developing into much of anything outside a serviceable at best backup. If Bowers or Fairley are available I would have to think they would be the pick although Peterson makes sense still since they really don't have anything to talk about as far as CBs outside of Bailey

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

Well, Ayers was playing in an ill-suited position last year at 3-4 OLB. He should be a very good 4-3 LE, so if I am Denver, I'm drafting Fairley or Dareus.

Comment

Wrong place
                    Thanks man.

Comment

With or without Champ, they still need corners... I think this makes Peterson less of a dire need, but he's certainly still in the running for #2. I also like Ayers and Doom at DE, which is why I haven't mocked Bowers to Denver.

Comment

I think Fairley is a no brainer if Newton goes #1, especially with them going to a 4-3. Bowers is a great pick, but I think I'd be more comfortable with Ayers at one End and Fairley inside, then Bowers & Fairley at one End and no impact DT's.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiFan24 View Post
                          Thanks man.
                          No problem, next time think for a second and put this in the NFL section, since its NFL related and not NFL draft related :)

But hey I will contribute since thats what your looking fior. I have had Denver taking a DL all along. A stud DL will make a much more of a impact than PP, even though PP is my #1 rated prospect in this draft. Bowers or Fairley should go to Denver
                          Last edited by RaiderNation; 02-23-2011, 01:52 AM.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Let's not forget the fact that Fairley is athletic enough to move around all over the field. He can play LDE on obvious running downs and raise hell @ the 3 tech. If Carolina passes on him then Denver needs to sprint to the podium for this guy.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Originally posted by Raheem Morris
                            Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.

Comment

No problem, next time think for a second and put this in the NFL section, since its NFL related and not NFL draft related :)

But hey I will contribute since thats what your looking fior. I have had Denver taking a DL all along. A stud DL will make a much more of a impact than PP, even though PP is my #1 rated prospect in this draft. Bowers or Fairley should go to Denver
                              So....you did read the first sentence of the thread after all?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information