Marcus Cannon vs. Nate Solder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcus Cannon vs. Nate Solder

IMO, Cannon is now a late first and Solder is and always was a project 2nd rounder without a mean streak. Thoughts?
    Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

I completely agree.
    Who Dey & Go Bucks
    The Bengals are going to the Super Bowl.

Comment

Cannon has been criminally underrated for a while now. I think he should be in the mention with Pouncey and Watkins for possible late 1st round guards.

Him and "Pot Roast" Knighton could have a competition for biggest ass in the league!

Comment

I've felt like Cannon's been underrated for a while because of how much he weighs. The guy can play.

Comment

No way that happens. Not a chance.

I agree that Cannon is an amazing athlete, however, the question remains, can he carry that weight and play hard in the 3rd and 4th quarter of a game at the pro level. His endurance isn't going to show at the combine where the drills are short lived, but they will show at the pro level.
          How committed is he to stay in shape as a pro??? It is going to cost him millions of dollars because of the weight he is carrying and if he won't get into serious shape for the Combine(a job interview after all), how can you count on him as a pro to stay in shape???
          IMO, he has round 1 talent but could easily slip to late round 2 or even round 3 because of weight concerns, it is a huge red flag for me.

Solder moved up from his performance at the Combine. He is going to play at 335-340lbs. and with his intellegence, he will be something special once he works hard on his technique which is his only weakness.
          While I agree that he has some learning to do, in 2 or 3 years, he will be a totally dominating LT at the next level.
          And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by contento View Post
            I think he should be in the mention with Pouncey and Watkins for possible late 1st round guards.
            ZERO percent chance of Watkins in round 1. 27 year old guards do not go in round 1.
            **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
              ZERO percent chance of Watkins in round 1. 27 year old guards do not go in round 1.
              I agree, at his age, round 2 is his likely destination.
              And proud of it!!!

Comment

how about 26 year old guards like Danny Watkins

:p

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                  how about 26 year old guards like Danny Watkins

:p
                  Eh, he will be 27 mid-season (probably around the time he makes his first start)
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

What exactly did Solder do that would cause him to move up? Everyone knew he would perform well in combine drills, and it's not like he gave a Bruce Campbell-esque performance at that. And like I said, he does not have a mean streak.

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post

I agree that Cannon is an amazing athlete, however, the question remains, can he carry that weight and play hard in the 3rd and 4th quarter of a game at the pro level. His endurance isn't going to show at the combine where the drills are short lived, but they will show at the pro level.
                    How committed is he to stay in shape as a pro??? It is going to cost him millions of dollars because of the weight he is carrying and if he won't get into serious shape for the Combine(a job interview after all), how can you count on him as a pro to stay in shape???
                    IMO, he has round 1 talent but could easily slip to late round 2 or even round 3 because of weight concerns, it is a huge red flag for me.

Solder moved up from his performance at the Combine. He is going to play at 335-340lbs. and with his intellegence, he will be something special once he works hard on his technique which is his only weakness.
                    While I agree that he has some learning to do, in 2 or 3 years, he will be a totally dominating LT at the next level.
                    Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius

Comment

Nothing really changed IMO, they both performed as expected and Solder is still a mid-late 1st rounder and Cannon is still a borderline 1st rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post

When he enters the league at 27 you can realistically expect 5 good year from him.

Teams that are built to win now, like the Packers/Steelers/Eagles/Bears/Pats/etc, and have a need at G will surely take a chance on the best G in the draft.

5 good seasons is more than enough to warrant a 1st round pick from certain franchises

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post

Did you actually see him? He carries 358lbs very well. And he did come to the combine in pretty good shape. Word is that he was over 370 this year. There's no way you can look at Cannon yesterday and knock him for being out of shape.

Comment

Originally posted by contento View Post
                            When he enters the league at 27 you can realistically expect 5 good year from him.
                            5 average years. The reason why players are in their "prime" at 27 is because they usually have 5 years of Pro experience (good instincts) and they are still physically ready. When you take away that experience, you significantly reduce the impact of the player.

By the time he has 5 years of experience, he will be 31.5 - his body won't be primed and ready to do what he needs. His "prime" may come at like age 29 where his physical and mental sides combine to produce the best season... which to say isn't a good thing.

He is worth a late second rounder, not first. Guys who command first round picks have high upside, elite versatility, and a large number of expected prime years.

I will admit, he has first round talent, but no one is going to take a 26.5 year old guard in the first round.

Originally posted by rawdawg View Post
                            Did you actually see him? He carries 358lbs very well. And he did come to the combine in pretty good shape. Word is that he was over 370 this year. There's no way you can look at Cannon yesterday and knock him for being out of shape.
                            He's a physical freak. No one says it because he's not built like Tyron Smith or a skill position player, but it's very hard to be 350 LBs and run a 5.2 40. If he did well (didn't see it) in the positional drills, he probably will see his stock skyrocket. The only questions I would have at 350 LBs are about his endurance in the 4th QT of playoff games. Can he keep up with everyone else?
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bolt View Post
                              What exactly did Solder do that would cause him to move up? Everyone knew he would perform well in combine drills, and it's not like he gave a Bruce Campbell-esque performance at that. And like I said, he does not have a mean streak.
                              Completely agree.
                              "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information