Gabbert Scores 42 on Wonderlic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabbert Scores 42 on Wonderlic

According to Rich Eisen podcast. That sure won't hurt his stock.

Comment

He is still way overhyped for some reason.

Comment

Good. That means he's got the most important thing for a QB: intelligence.

Unlike Scam Newton.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post

Unlike Scam Newton.
          Scam hahahahahaha you are so clever!!

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

When someone can tell me how the Wonderlic relates to reading defenses i'll pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post

Unlike Scam Newton.
              This is true, but I recall seeing a big list of top Wonderlic scores and some big-time flops at QB were on it. I recall Rob Johnson as well as some other gifted thinkers on it.

I don't think having a great Wonderlic will help you nearly as much as having a bad one will hurt you.

I think intelligence is a must... but work ethic is the MOST important thing.

Comment

Can someone post a link for all Wonderlic test.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                Newton
                South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                Barely literate +5 swagger
                Thief +15 swagger
                Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                Big, average speed -3 swagger
                Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                Total Swagger: 62
                ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                  When someone can tell me how the Wonderlic relates to reading defenses i'll pay attention.
                  This, this, and......this.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

At least this shows he doesn't get nervous and panic on tests like he does on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by the natural View Post
                      According to Rich Eisen podcast. That sure won't hurt his stock.
                      Do you like Blaine Gabbert?

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                        At least this shows he doesn't get nervous and panic on tests like he does on the field.
                        Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          a) Making a throw...if QB1 throws a ball at 58 mph to a WR 12 yards down the field (but don't forget to factor the 7 yard drop) and has 8 yards of separation from a FS that is making a break on the ball at 20 mph, what are the chances that that ball is going to be caught by the WR and should that ball be thrown?

b) Presnap... if the offense is in an ace formation and the defense has 8 defenders in the box and appears to be sending at least 6 with the CBs playing press coverage, do you have enough protection and time to run the post-corner route AWAY from the FS or should you play it safe and audible to a screen?

c) During the play...if QB1 has the ball in a crowded pocket and is already wrapped up by the legs of LB2 and LB1 jumps over the pile pulling QB1's upperbody down while trapping his tibia/fibula under him, how many lbs of downward force will be necessary to be applied by LB1 (if he weighs 245 lbs) to break two bones that at max can withstand only 400 lbs of pressure before they snap?

The answers?

a) If your WR doesn't suck and tip the ball up in the air, he should catch it, the ball is arriving 3X faster than the player and the distance to travel is only 2.3X as far the player trying to make the play. So, throw the ball.

b) If Ed Reed is not the FS then make the throw or you're not playing against lockdown CBs, max protect with a 5 step drop and the ball should be away shortly after the 5th step.

c) I don't know, but Joe Theismann and Lawrence Taylor surely do.

Comment

Having a good Wonderlic score has nothing to do with how well you will perform on the field. On the other hand it is very important for teams to know whether the guy they are drafting in the first round is a big doofus or not.
                            2012 Patriots Anti-Draft

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by TNPatsFan View Post
                              Having a good Wonderlic score has nothing to do with how well you will perform on the field. On the other hand it is very important for teams to know whether the guy they are drafting in the first round is a big doofus or not.
                              Yeah, the benefit to Gabbert (assuming it's legit) will lie in the comparison to the other guys. Particularly if one or more of his "competitors" at the position score poorly. Kaepernick and Ponder should score highly, but I don't have a lot of confidence in Mallett, Newton, or Locker.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information