Locker vs. Gabbert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locker vs. Gabbert

Depending on what happens with Cam Newton these two guys may be an option for several teams needing a QB. Both guys seem to be smart, leader types who probably developed a few bad habits that will need to be corrected at the next level, such as pulling the ball down and running a little prematurely at times. Some numbers:

Jake Locker, 6-2 1/2 231 lbs. combine numbers: 4.52 40 (twice), 35" vertical, 10' broad jump, 4.12 short shuttel, 6.77 3cone.

Blaine Gabbert, 6-4 1/2 234 lbs. combine numbers: 4.62 & 4.64 40, 33.5" vertical, 10 ft broad jump, 4.26 short shuttle, 6.84 3 cone.

Jake Locker stats;

2009, 58.2% 21 to 11 tds/int
    2010 55.4% 17 to 9 tds/int

Blaine Gabbert stats:

2009, 58.9% 24 to 9 tds/int
    2010, 63.4% 16 to 9 tds/int

Personally I'd rather have Locker but I'm guessing almost every team has Gabbert above him on their boards. Really in terms of public perception the biggest thing seperating them is the fact that Locker was a consensus top 3 pick last year but failed to improve this year, where as Gabbert has risen fromn hype out of nowhere and has a buzz around him. If Gabbert was touted as a top pick prior to last season and performed as mediocre as he did this season no one would be even mentioning his name as a possible top pick.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
      Personally I'd rather have Locker but I'm guessing almost every team has Gabbert above him on their boards. Really in terms of public perception the biggest thing seperating them is the fact that Locker was a consensus top 3 pick last year but failed to improve this year, where as Gabbert has risen fromn hype out of nowhere and has a buzz around him. If Gabbert was touted as a top pick prior to last season and performed as mediocre as he did this season no one would be even mentioning his name as a possible top pick.
      Pretty much. They have similar flaws, but Gabbert's aren't correctable in my opinion. He's downright terrified of getting hit, and that problem is only going to be exacerbated in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
        I didnt get how Gabbert was all of a sudden pushed to the top of the list by analysts, it was probably more of a protest vote against the others. i'm a Locker guy but Gabbert so far as acquitted himself well in the whole process.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
          I didnt get how Gabbert was all of a sudden pushed to the top of the list by analysts, it was probably more of a protest vote against the others. i'm a Locker guy but Gabbert so far as acquitted himself well in the whole process.
          Gabbert basically has risen by laying low. Locker in the spotlight failed to be consistent, and Cam has had a slurry of problems. Basically by not throwing at the combine and doing well in interviews Gabbert has been able to seduce scouts from actually breaking down his game film and seeing his horrendous passing beyond 5 yards. When you consider he's from a spread I wouldn't want him for the Skins at #10. He is big and mobile with good short accuracy but I don't think he's worth the risk. IMO Newton and Locker are worth the risk for different reasons one common reason being they are out of this world athletes, Gabbert I just don't like.
          Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 03-11-2011, 04:37 PM.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Ugh more Locker threads. Care to recap the last ten?

- Regressed majorly in a single year
            - Went 4/20 not even sleeping with your sister compares
            - Plays poorly against higher competition
            - Extremely inconsistent
            - Indecision
            - Questionable field vision

Not all of those are my personal opinion although I do have him below both Mallett and Gabbert.
            Originally posted by D-Unit
            I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

Comment

they both take a lot of flack for their play but IMO the are the 1 and 2 QBs in the draft. Id put locker ahead of gabbert since he did play in a pro style offense but gabbert isnt fair behind

Comment

Gabbert still scares the living crap out of me. The tape on him this year is downright ugly.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by Trogdor View Post
                  Ugh more Locker threads. Care to recap the last ten?

- Regressed majorly in a single year
                  - Went 4/20 not even sleeping with your sister compares
                  - Plays poorly against higher competition
                  - Extremely inconsistent
                  - Indecision
                  - Questionable field vision

Not all of those are my personal opinion although I do have him below both Mallett and Gabbert.
                  1659 replies on the Cam Newton thread so humor us here if we talk about something else for a change.

Comment

bLAINE gABBERT.
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Andrew Luck opted out of the draft after Gabbert opted in. That tells you all you need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by the natural View Post
                        Andrew Luck opted out of the draft after Gabbert opted in. That tells you all you need to know.
                        lmao

I might have to take you off ignore if you're going to be dropping gems like this.

Comment

Jake Locker stats;

It's all you need to know.

Comment

Depending on what happens with Cam Newton these two guys may be an option for several teams needing a QB. Both guys seem to be smart, leader types who probably developed a few bad habits that will need to be corrected at the next level, such as pulling the ball down and running a little prematurely at times. Some numbers:

Jake Locker, 6-2 1/2 231 lbs. combine numbers: 4.52 40 (twice), 35" vertical, 10' broad jump, 4.12 short shuttel, 6.77 3cone.

Blaine Gabbert, 6-4 1/2 234 lbs. combine numbers: 4.62 & 4.64 40, 33.5" vertical, 10 ft broad jump, 4.26 short shuttle, 6.84 3 cone.

Jake Locker stats;

Blaine Gabbert stats:

2009, 58.9% 24 to 9 tds/int
                            2010, 63.4% 16 to 9 tds/int
                            Neither are great... but I have to crack up at the "stats" comparison. You know better than that Bab. ;)

Comment

Pro-Style offense compared to a gimmick spread checkdown system... come bro.
                              **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information