Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adidas Seeks To Maintain NFL Presence...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adidas Seeks To Maintain NFL Presence...

Adidas Seeks To Maintain NFL Presence With Five Top Football Prospects
    DateWednesday, March 16, 2011 at 04:58PM

By Barry Janoff, Executive Editor

March 16, 2011: Despite the on-going and escalating problems between the NFL and the NFL Players Assn., marketers are trying to keep it business as usual in as many areas as they can.

On the heels of unveiling the largest campaign in company history, adidas said it has formed "partnerships" with five top NFL prospects: defensive back Prince Amukamara of Nebraska, running back DeMarco Murray of Oklahoma, wide receiver Titus Young of Boise State, tight end Kyle Rudolph of Notre Dame and wide receiver Jerrel Jernigan of Troy.

Financial terms were not disclosed. The players will not officially be part of the league until the NFL draft, which is scheduled for April 28-30.

"I like it when people underestimate us," Addison said. "I feel real confident in the guys we have back there. The guys we lost are no better than the guys we have now. The guys we have now are more sound. We're a faster defense, we just have to get a little more physical. I know we'll get the job done and we're going to prove we can get the job done."
Working...
X

Debug Information