3/21 - Mock Draft Updated!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/21 - Mock Draft Updated!

I just made my sixth mock draft of the year, the first post-Scouting Combine, live!

This is also the 1st two rounder of the year. I will release Round 2 on Tuesday, March 22, 2011.

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions just like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

Now... FIRE AWAY! :)
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

I wouldn't be too upset with the Saints drafting Heyward as I think Gregg Williams would use his special brand of motivation to get the most out of him during games and practices. Heyward, Rogers, Ellis, and Smith is a very nice front 4.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

<3 Patrick Peterson

Comment

New England:
        I'm a fan of Pouncey. I think the Patriots were going to draft Maurkice in 2010, and they definitely have a use for Mike. Draft position and "value" is irrelevant when talking about the Pats because they'll take the guy they want whenever they can get him.

Wilkerson...honestly haven't seen much of him. I'd be clamoring for Brooks Reed, personally. I'm pretty OK with the DL situation in NE provided the guys they have are healthy.

Kansas City:
        I don't see OT or OLB being the pick. I doubt they'll give up on Richardson - the guy played really well and developed a ton. If they didn't like what they saw, O'Callaghan would have been in there at some point. Fact is, Pioli values chemistry over all else when it comes to the offensive line. Is Carimi a talent upgrade? Possibly (tough to tell, Richardson was a pretty highly regarded prospect at one point - higher than Carimi)...but not so much that Pioli would mess with the chemistry of the OL - which was very solid in 2010 and looking to get better from experience.

KC is a tough team to mock because of Pioli's tendencies and the team's needs. Receiving help is #1 - BY FAR. If Wiegmann retires, C is #2. I don't see him going OLB in this situation - they have Hali and there's no one super amazing in this draft that the Chiefs will have a shot at... I've said before that Kyle Rudolph is a real possibility for them, but the other real option is DL. Cameron Heyward could very well be the pick at #21 if the rest goes the way you have it.

Comment

I just moved Pouncey to 17 today in my on-going microsoft excel mock. Stop hacking my computer sir. ;)

umm harris is okay. yes we could use a corner but we're not nearly as most think. Being a canes fan, I like harris a lot but he doesn't really offer anything that we don't have at the corner position. Word is they're looking for bigger CB's anyway. The ravens organization has expressed a lot of interest in improving the pass rush and has shown interest in the likes of Justin Houston, Ryan Kerrigan and Brooks Reed. OT has been mentioned but I personally don't see the value there. If Jimmy Smith was there they'd have to entertain that. But if I had to bet, I say they go with the highest rated front seven player on their board.

also, paea over phil taylor to a 3-4 team as a nt? huh? that pick just struck me as very odd. not only does it appear as if phil taylor's stock has surpassed paea's, but paea is a 3-tech who is really out of place as a 3-4 nt. i really can't see any team having paea ranked over taylor as a 3-4 nt prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
            also, paea over phil taylor to a 3-4 team as a nt? huh? that pick just struck me as very odd. not only does it appear as if phil taylor's stock has surpassed paea's, but paea is a 3-tech who is really out of place as a 3-4 nt. i really can't see any team having paea ranked over taylor as a 3-4 nt prospect.
            I'm not buying the Phil Taylor in Round 1 hype.

I think you could make the argument that he's a first round talent, but once teams finish up their investigations the off-the-field issues will eventually push him in the second round.
            Scott Wright, President
            Draft Countdown.com
            www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
            www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
              I'm not buying the Phil Taylor in Round 1 hype.

I think you could make the argument that he's a first round talent, but once teams finish up their investigations the off-the-field issues will eventually push him in the second round.
              personally, i am buying the phil taylor 1st round hype (think he may have a hard time getting past KC with pioli's draft history and the fact they don't have a nt under contract) but i can certainly understand if you see him going lower than currently projected. i still don't understand why a team would draft paea as a 3-4 nt especially in rex's scheme where the he'd be asked to two-gap.

Comment

J.J. Watt again? Not in favor of drafting a 3-4 DE with a top selection. You draft these guys on the 2nd or 3rd day of the draft.

Tyron Smith, OT is where I would go with pick #9 and start him from day one. Iupati was high on the Cowboys board last year (they targeted the OL in the 1st rd. just saying). Jerry drafts the tackle from USC. Who is coming to BIG D for a visit!

Comment

Originally posted by DallCowby1 View Post
                  J.J. Watt again? Not in favor of drafting a 3-4 DE with a top selection. You draft these guys on the 2nd or 3rd day of the draft.

Tyron Smith, OT is where I would go with pick #9 and start him from day one. Iupati was high on the Cowboys board last year (they targeted the OL in the 1st rd. just saying). Jerry drafts the tackle from USC. Who is coming to BIG D for a visit!
                  Jerry hasn't drafted an OL in the first round in 20 years. Also they resigned Doug Free. I doubt a RT will be taken at the 9th overall.
                  Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                  oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Houston over Clayborn.
                    We are running something like a hybryd 4-3,3-4, 3-3-5 Defense. An OLB/DE tweener is imo exactly what we need. So my pick would be Houston.

Comment

Love the Vikes pick :-)

Comment

I can understand selecting an OT for the Chiefs in the first round I guess, but drafting Carimi and telling him to go block in space doesn't sound like the greatest idea.

Position is okay, actual selection is not.
                        Currently on IR: Rip 2011 Jamaal Charles :(

Comment

Corey Liuget is the right pick for the Bears. If the top 4 OTs are off the board (I don't see the Bears taking Solder either though) and Pouncey is gone, gotta go Liuget or trade down. Sherrod just screams "Chris Williams" without the back issue.

Also, I have seen this several places and every mock that has Liuget to the Bears calls him a "local product". First, Champaign Illinois is about a 3-hour drive from Chicago. If that's the case any Wisconsin Badgers would be considered local products for the Bears also. Second, Liuget is from Miami. Sorry, just a small nitpick! :)

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                            Jerry hasn't drafted an OL in the first round in 20 years. Also they resigned Doug Free. I doubt a RT will be taken at the 9th overall.
                            We'll see......

Cowboys had Iupati and Pouncey high on there board last year. Our running game has been non-exsistant because our OL needs a infusion of good young players.

Comment

Originally posted by rawdawg View Post
                              Corey Liuget is the right pick for the Bears. If the top 4 OTs are off the board (I don't see the Bears taking Solder either though) and Pouncey is gone, gotta go Liuget or trade down. Sherrod just screams "Chris Williams" without the back issue.

Also, I have seen this several places and every mock that has Liuget to the Bears calls him a "local product". First, Champaign Illinois is about a 3-hour drive from Chicago. If that's the case any Wisconsin Badgers would be considered local products for the Bears also. Second, Liuget is from Miami. Sorry, just a small nitpick! :)
                              I like Liuget but I've never loved him. I would prefer Ijalana there.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information