Broncos Invited Gabbert and Newton for Visits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Invited Gabbert and Newton for Visits

Denver has invited Gabbert and Newton to workout.

Misdirection or Reality

Trying to get some trade offers for their pick or realizing they may never win again until they find a true franchise QB.
    And proud of it!!!

I've been wondering the same thing. Maybe Elway and company just don't believe in Orton or Tebow as the long term answer. I find it hard to blieve they'll actually take a QB, however. Tebow is so popular among fans, Orton isn't terrible, and Drafting another QB would b unpopular. Then again maybe Elway knows he can get away with making an unpopular move. He's Elway. My guess is they just decide to give Tebow annd Orton one more year and see what happens, but who knows. It wold be quite ballsy for them to take a QB this year.

Comment

They are freaking crazy if they think Tebow can't win!Tebow will come around they are just trying to get media buzz or trade points I think.Their defense could use more players possible Peterson or Miller.You just can't give up on Tebow after 4 games where he played GREAT for a spread rookie QB IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
        They are freaking crazy if they think Tebow can't win!Tebow will come around they are just trying to get media buzz or trade points I think.Their defense could use more players possible Peterson or Miller.You just can't give up on Tebow after 4 games where he played GREAT for a spread rookie QB IMO.
        njx9 says it's a smokescreen and he's probably right. They have to see what Tim Tebow can do and it isnt like they are faced with the chance to grab the next, shall i say John Elway, in this draft. Seems like a lot of frequent flier miles for a smokescreen but that's probably all it is.

Comment

Just a smokescreen to try and get one of the teams that want 1 of the QBs to trade up with Denver.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

I think it is a case of due diligence by a new coaching staff and personnel department. They have to evaluate what they have on their own team in comparison to what is available. As a general rule, a new regime likes to put their stamp on the team. Often that includes bringing in a new QB. The fact that Tebow and Orton were not drafted or signed by the current regime makes it easier to cut ties with them.

Comment

jnew76 ,
              I could see them cutting Orton or trading him to some one,but Tebow really?He still got Pot growing to do on him by far more then any on that team.He will be starter either this year if not next year for sure!

Comment

I too think they are just trying to get media buzz or trade points.
                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

They've invited more than Gabbert and Newton . . . Kaepernick has been invited and I think Locker, Ponder and Dalton have as well (not confirmed on those three).

Either:

1) They want to erase anything that the former coach (won't use his name) did and put the new management/coaching staff's stamp on the team; or . . .

2) It is an elaborate ruse; or . . .

3) They are going to deal Orton or Tebow and plan to start over at the position.

Comment

Originally posted by 49erNation85 View Post
                    jnew76 ,
                    I could see them cutting Orton or trading him to some one,but Tebow really?He still got Pot growing to do on him by far more then any on that team.He will be starter either this year if not next year for sure!
                    What I always said about Tebow prior to the draft was that I would not be the guy who drafted him, but I would never bet against him either. He will out work and out desire 99% of players in the NFL. After seeing his progression last year, I am a fan and a believer. I don't see any way they outright cut Tebow, but I see a scenario where they bring in another QB. They are gonna sell too many #15 jerseys to cut him. I will also say this... Newton or Gabbert would have a hard time beating out Tim Tebow for the starting position. Until Tebow wins a superbowl, Tebow is gonna always be the guy a GM thinks he can replace easier than he actually can.

Comment

1) I don't see them dealing Tebow too much money involved and they wouldn't stupid to do so.Hes got great Potential to give as I said after 4 games where he plaid great for his situation.I really think they are just moving on with Orton they could get a good 3rd round or even a 2nd for him in a team that needs a QB.I would mind him in SF for a 3rd.

Comment

It seems like a lock at this point that Carolina is taking a QB. So only 1 of the 2 "top tier" guys will be left for the taking for all these QB hungry teams...Buffalo, Cincinnati, Arizona, San Fran, Tennessee, Washington, Minnesota... so making #2 seem like the only way to guarantee your guy is a smart move by Denver. I can't see them actually considering picking another QB in the first round, especially after Tebow did show some promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                          It seems like a lock at this point that Carolina is taking a QB. So only 1 of the 2 "top tier" guys will be left for the taking for all these QB hungry teams...Buffalo, Cincinnati, Arizona, San Fran, Tennessee, Washington, Minnesota... so making #2 seem like the only way to guarantee your guy is a smart move by Denver. I can't see them actually considering picking another QB in the first round, especially after Tebow did show some promise.
                          LOL, Regular, how is it any different whether Denver interviews the QBs or not? If there are two top prospects at the position and they have the second pick with Buffalo, Cincy, Arizona right behind them the demand for their pick is going to be the same if they only interviewed long snappers for the next couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by the natural View Post
                            LOL, Regular, how is it any different whether Denver interviews the QBs or not? If there are two top prospects at the position and they have the second pick with Buffalo, Cincy, Arizona right behind them the demand for their pick is going to be the same if they only interviewed long snappers for the next couple of months.
                            The point is to make other teams actually believe Denver will draft a QB, it's not about having the 2nd pick overall.

Elway wants a ton of picks and if some dummy GM is willing to 'Jimmy Johnson' him for the second pick, the Broncos win.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                              The point is to make other teams actually believe Denver will draft a QB, it's not about having the 2nd pick overall.

Elway wants a ton of picks and if some dummy GM is willing to 'Jimmy Johnson' him for the second pick, the Broncos win.
                              Stay away from the Wonderlic, fun. It makes absolutely no difference who Denver interviews, or who anyone thinks they might draft. The demand for the pick will be EXACTLY THE SAME. They are at #2. One QB may be gone. Buffalo is behind them. Then Cincinnati, then Arizona. THREE teams in the QB market, with one or at most two QBs available. Obviously, all of them, from Buffalo on down have to compete for the Denver pick to guarantee getting one of the top two QBs.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information