How High Can Mohamed Sanu Climb?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
    if he goes past top 10, he'll be considered a steal.
    He's no getting Brian Leonard for some random DT who is then cut by St Louis and resigned by the Bengals steal :)

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Comment

I was just thinking about how many good WRs this class has. It really has a lot more potential first rounders than it's being given credit for.

Before the season started, most people had 3 (Jeffery, Blackmon, and Floyd - in that order mostly). Now there is a group of 6+ guys (Blackmon, Wright, Floyd, Jeffery, Sanu, Rueben Randle) that might challenge for spots in the first. So a bad combine or a bad pro-day could really hurt one of the 6.

Before you ask why Rueben Randle; he could very well be a quick riser after the Combine because of how well he will time. Some people will be shocked by it.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

If he runs in the 4.4's watch out for the Texans we are wideout hungary.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/090...content_stream

He is not in Mayocks Top 5 WRs?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCandy View Post
            that's absurd. I know you can only take my opinion with a grain of salt, but Sanu will be a top 3 WR, if not better, from this class. It's similar with Kenny Britt, who's knock was his "diva attitude". Yes, he's had run ins with the law, but he preformed on the field (freak injury aside).

For Sanu, I really see his only knock being a lack of game breaking speed. He's no Desean Jackson, but he's not slow by any means. People need to realize how awful Rutgers offense has been. No real quarterbacks to speak of, and when there was a decent QB, he would have no time to throw any deep routes because of the lack of time. Sanu has unreal strength and hands and is an EXCELLENT run blocker. Good team mate and hard worker. People look at stats and are saying he won't run a 4.29 and knocking him for it. He's going to be a great WR in this league, and Boldin/Nicks comparisons are pretty spot on
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

His low ypc tells me Sanu doesn't have ideal NFL speed for the position. Is he a guy who can be a true #1 in the pros??? If not, I don't see a team spending a first round pick on him.

Playing for a bad offense shouldn't prevent a special WR talent from exploding statistically at least a few times in college. But maybe he'll be a better pro than collegian. I don't know.

I have no idea how Sanu does against man coverage or if he can separate.
              The Big East wasn't a strong conference this year, I don't know why Sanu didn't dominate more if he's considered a first round prospect by some.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                His low ypc tells me Sanu doesn't have ideal NFL speed for the position. Is he a guy who can be a true #1 in the pros??? If not, I don't see a team spending a first round pick on him.

Playing for a bad offense shouldn't prevent a special WR talent from exploding statistically at least a few times in college. But maybe he'll be a better pro than collegian. I don't know.

I have no idea how Sanu does against man coverage or if he can separate.
                The Big East wasn't a strong conference this year, I don't know why Sanu didn't dominate more if he's considered a first round prospect by some.
                As I said: he never really ran any deep routes because of the lack of: QB skill, running game and oline during his time here. He was the only offensive threat and CONSTANTLY doubled. Because of this, he never really had many opportunities for big plays. We also loved to throw him quick routes in the flat in 3rd and 2 and such because he literally was Rutgers offense.

People are seriously digging way too much into his YPC. His speed is just fine, as is his separation. He will absolutely be a #1 WR in this league, or an unreal #2.
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

It's not just a matter of catching long balls, it's taking short passes for long gains. His longest catch in the last two years was only 32 yards. If you're playing in the Big East, I don't care who your quarterback is, you've got to have better than one 32 yard reception if I'm going to draft you to be the No. 1 receiver for an NFL team.

Comment

FWIW - Other Rutger receivers last year:

Mark Harrison - 14 catches, 274 yards, 19.6, long of 45, 2 TD.

Brandon Coleman - 17 catches for 552 yards, 32.5, long of 92, 6 TD.

Quron Pratt - 32 catches for 327 yards, 10.2, long of 21, 1 TD

So it's not as if there weren't big plays happening last year. And on 110 catches, Sanu can't break more than a 32-yarder? That just worries me a little.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                      that's absurd. I know you can only take my opinion with a grain of salt, but Sanu will be a top 3 WR, if not better, from this class. It's similar with Kenny Britt, who's knock was his "diva attitude". Yes, he's had run ins with the law, but he preformed on the field (freak injury aside).

For Sanu, I really see his only knock being a lack of game breaking speed. He's no Desean Jackson, but he's not slow by any means. People need to realize how awful Rutgers offense has been. No real quarterbacks to speak of, and when there was a decent QB, he would have no time to throw any deep routes because of the lack of time. Sanu has unreal strength and hands and is an EXCELLENT run blocker. Good team mate and hard worker. People look at stats and are saying he won't run a 4.29 and knocking him for it. He's going to be a great WR in this league, and Boldin/Nicks comparisons are pretty spot on
                      you beat me to it.....
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Caulibflower View Post
                        FWIW - Other Rutger receivers last year:

Mark Harrison - 14 catches, 274 yards, 19.6, long of 45, 2 TD.

Brandon Coleman - 17 catches for 552 yards, 32.5, long of 92, 6 TD.

Quron Pratt - 32 catches for 327 yards, 10.2, long of 21, 1 TD

So it's not as if there weren't big plays happening last year. And on 110 catches, Sanu can't break more than a 32-yarder? That just worries me a little.
                        I understand where the concern is coming from, and the main knock is that he hasn't taken a slant or an out route and busted it up field for a huge gain. But he really only ran short underneath routes. I can count the times I can recall on one hand where Sanu ran a deep route.

I can also count on one hand the times Coleman ran anything BUT a go route. (except end zone fades). That's literally all he did...because he's a 6'6 freshman who couldn't run good routes or catch the ball over the middle

Harrison also ran deep bomb routes because he couldn't catch a freaking cold. That's why he got benched late in the season. Sanu was the only option to go short, underneath and over the middle, as the other guys really could ONLY run deep routes.

And Pratt's numbers are meh. Idk where they really fit in here. He ran mostly underneath stuff. 10 yard comebacks and in routes etc. The only other guy who could somewhat do it.

Again, I understand the concern where he doesn't have those big flashy plays by never breaking the short ones for big TD's, but the guy is a tank over the middle with sure hands and powerful running after the catch. An unreal red zone weapon (can't tell you how many 3rd and 10's from the 15 he caught at the 5 and muscled in for a TD). He CAN go deep, he just was really never asked to by the team. He's an easy first rounder, IMO, and will be an extremely solid WR for many years. Maybe this lack of speed, turning 12 yard slants into 50 yard TD's will hinder him from being elite ala Andre, Calvin etc, but he absolutely has the talent to be a number 1 in this league and will be a QB's security blanket underneath (I actually think he fits perfectly for the Bears round 1, to compliment Knox and Hester)
                        We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Apparently i must wait to give you reputation scottyboy, but thanks for the great insight.

Comment

Scotty is spot on as I've been saying the same things all year as well. It's hard to break a long run when you're being double covered and you're right in the middle of the field after a 8 yard catch. Scotty and I have been pretty spot on with every Rutgers player up to now so I don't know why we still don't get the benefit of the doubt here.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Scotty I love you so much.

Originally posted by fenikz
                              His soft D really turns me off
                              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

From Scotty's description, sounds a lot like Brandon Marshall. Marshall might be(at least in denver) a bit more of a big play threat, but we'll see how Sanu translates. Either way though, a mid-late 1st on a guy of that calibre? Easy.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information