Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

calvin johnson will not be the best rookie WR next year.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calvin johnson will not be the best rookie WR next year.

that is all.

come back to me at the end on next season with some stats. im sure calvin johnson wont be the top rc WR.

seems to me like a lot of people were riding his sack before the draft. they even seem to call him a 'cant miss'. the best WR in 10 years...he was basically praised like he was GOD himself. lol @ predraft hype.

Originally posted by teneight View Post
    that is all.

come back to me at the end on next season with some stats. im sure calvin johnson wont be the top rc WR
    Care to use an arguement?

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
      Care to use an arguement?

he is just very overhyped...especially after the combine with his overrated 40time.

40times... they should just basically stop running them. a lot of players fall and rise just because of the time...it makes me sick

it would be much better if they actually did drills with pads at the combine.

Comment

he was basically praised like he was GOD himself.
        He isn't? Liar.

Comment

who will be then? i see no reason why he won't be, he is by far the most talented

Comment

Calvin Johnson was highly touted BEFORE the combine.. before this season, before last season.. Everyone knew what he was..

Comment

Umm Calvin Johnson had a stellar career at GT with Reggie Ball as his QB, has all the talent you can ask for, 6'5'', 240, great hands, incredible body control, physical, great leaping ability, can go across the middle, showed he has the straightline speed to beat CBs on go routes and get behind the secondary for the go route, has great character....He deserves the hype. Its not inconceivable that Dwayne Bowe or maybe a different WR could have a better rookie year than him but its ridiculous to go out and announce he wont be the best rookie wideout because he is obviously the best prospect.

Comment

Nice baseless argument, if it was even an argument at all? are you effin ********? Seriously....I agree 40 times can be overrated, but when a 6'5'' 240 lb. WIDE RECEIVER runs a 4.35 40, has a huge vertical and catches everyting near him, he isn't overhyped. Trust me, everything they say about him is true. He had 14 TD's last year with Reggie FRICKIN Ball at QB... Next time you want to make a pointless thread, think first. Is it a guaranteed that he will be the best Rookie WR next year, NO, but you could have made a better attempt of an argument other than saying that he is overhyped, because that is just a joke. THAT IS ALL!!!

Comment

I can see Dwayne Bowe outproducing him this year, but that's no knock on CJ. Even Mike Furrey outproduced Roy Williams in Martz's offense, so there's no telling how many passes CJ will see. He will easily lead the rookies and possibly the league in TD catches though. If he was in Tampa Bay this wouldn't even be a question, you could already mark him down in the HOF ;)

Edit: Your sig amuses me almost as much as your post.
                  Last edited by etk; 05-04-2007, 05:07 PM.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

that is all.

come back to me at the end on next season with some stats. im sure calvin johnson wont be the top rc WR.

seems to me like a lot of people were riding his sack before the draft. they even seem to call him a 'cant miss'. the best WR in 10 years...he was basically praised like he was GOD himself. lol @ predraft hype.
                    Post of the year. I'm convinced.

Comment

I don't think Johnson will be the top statistical wideout this coming year. He's entering a rather anemic offense and has Williams and Furrey to compete with for catches.

That said, we've all known who Calvin Johnson was since before the 2006 draft, and I was calling him possibly the best wideout prospect even last summer.
                      Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck; 05-05-2007, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Jon Kitna should again this year throw for over 4,000 yards so CJ should have atleast 1,000 of that.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Impact wise, not stats wise CJ is already the best rookie WR.
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

ya with kitna passing to him he wont. once thats changed well u know

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

have you ever even seen a highligh vid of calvin johnson?? if you have then you kno what he can do with a not so good qb throwing to him imagine what he will do with the likes of kitna (an experienced qb) tossin him the ball... by far the best rookie wr, if not then who is big shooter?
                              Bubba kush for breakfast, with my captain crunch
                              I smoke ten blunts before lunch
                              Gucci Mane

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information