Andre Woodson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Woodson

I think its about time i knock this bandwagon off of its tracks. the guy isnt that good.

His team was considering replacing him last pre-season....

He has had one good year and thats about it. He has good arm strength, so maybe he will get overrated for that characteristic, but thats about all you can hope for.

He's the 3rd QB taken in best case scenario. he's likely a 3-5 rounder

He's got as much or more physical talent as Brohm, Brennan, Henne, or Ryan. He's got more production than anyone save for Brennan, and did so against better and more pro-like defenses. He had skill players on Kentucky, but they were far from the most talented team, and he had a statistical year comparable to JaMarcus Russell.

So he's a very talented quarterback with a big arm coming out of the SEC who had a huge junior year and is looking to repeat that success? Sounds like a prime option to become an elite quarterback prospect. Not saying he will, but he's got way more momentum going for him than anyone else in college football at his position.

Comment

all right, you can have your opinion, not convincing me though and probably anyone else

ok which QB would you rather have? Brohmn or Woodson?

Yards % TD INT
      A) 3049 63.6 16 5
      B) 3515 63.0 31 7

if sure you can guess who is who
      Last edited by fenikz; 05-08-2007, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
        He's the 3rd QB taken in best case scenario. he's likely a 3-5 rounder
        HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

Oh my god. You're kidding me right? Woodson has a big arm, he's very mobile, he had a great bowl performance, he's got solid accuracy right now which will only improve, good size...He's a 1st Rounder unless something happens to him.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
          all right, you can have your opinion, not convincing me though and probably anyone else

ok which QB would you rather have? Brohmn or Woodson?

Yards % TD INT
          A) 3049 63.6 16 5
          B) 3515 63.0 31 7

if sure you can guess who is who
          A) Brohm
          B) Woodson

Woodson just isnt going to be a good pro QB and hasnt even proven himself in the college ranks.

If he had a season comparable to Russell, why was there absolutely zero talk of him coming out after his junior year like Russell did?

Stats wise, yea, but not talent wise.

like i said, at best Woodson is a Jason Campbell type of prospect (3rd QB taken in late first round). But he probably will be a 3rd or 4th rounder imo.

Comment

Until he follows up on his junior season, I am a little skeptical to guarantee his place in the first round yet.

Comment

Your wrong. I don't know a better way of putting it. Your just wrong. And I don't think you know the first thing about Woodson, even if you claim otherwise.
              First of all, Woodson is probably the most physically talented quarterback in the draft. Arm strength, size, mobility...he has it all talent wise. So saying he isn't talented just isn't true. What more would you like? He completed 63% of his passes as well. So accuracy is there. Secondly, as for him not proving himself in the college ranks...he plays for Kentucky. I'm not sure how much football you actually watch, but the Wildcats aren't very close to playing in a big time bowl anytime soon. Yet they still won 8 games, and most of that can be attributed to Woodson. That includes a win against a big time school in Georgia. He's more than proved himself to be a legit 1st round prospect.
              Now, onto you saying he has only had 1 good year. That's true. No way around that...but it was his Junior year. He didn't start his freshmen year...so that argument is void. As for his sophomore year..I challenge you to find me a sophomore quarterback who would have done much better with Kentucky in 2005. Furthermore, he only attempted 250 passes that year. That total is the lowest out of any quarterback in the SEC that attempted the majority of passes on their team.
              [/quote]
              If he had a season comparable to Russell, why was there absolutely zero talk of him coming out after his junior year like Russell did?[/quote]
              One of the least intelligent things I've read on here, and I have a jetsfuture quote in my signature.
              Yeah, why didn't he come out his junior year? I wonder? Well, why didn't Patrick Willis, LaRon Landry, Gaines Adams, Amobi Okoye, Levi Brown, or Adam Carriker come out after their Junior years? All went in the top 15, and none of them would have been that high in the 2006 draft. By your logic, they are 3rd and 4th round talent. Really stupid.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I'm sure a lot of people said the same things about JaMarcus Russell prior to this season as well so you really can't make this argument

Comment

Allright, I have known Dre' since I have been a freshmen in high school and he was a junior so no one knows the kid better than me.

First of all, he didn't have the coaching or come from the kind of high school football programs most D1 QBs come from. He needed to take a while to develop and I knew this would happen.

Okay, to make it short...Dre is the most talented QB in the country. His best quality by far that no one knows is how much touch he puts on the football. It is absolutely beautiful how tight a spiral he throws and I have never seen a better one.

One thing you all think you know but are wrong on is his mobility. He is not a mobile QB at all. I think he has potential there because his decision making last year got so much quicker/better and I think he will improve on that next season. He will run a 4.7-4.8 at the combine...but he has a frame in which I think he could really bulk into in the NFL.

I think Andre needs to improve on his accuracy, a few games at Commonwealth I noticed he throws a few passes that are off the mark, but I think that will come with more experience.

Andre will get the Jay Cutler talk from scouts...meaning he played on a team with not that much talent at all (besides WR, RB, and TE) and was usually put into positions when his team had to throw the ball because UK was behind so much cuz of their bad defense. If UK gets a running game next season then he will really shine because teams have to put 7 in the box consistently and respect the play action.

When all is said and done Andre will be the first QB taken and will be a top 10 pick next season. When you put on the tape it is just too obvious that he is the most talented QB in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                    Yeah, why didn't he come out his junior year? I wonder? Well, why didn't Patrick Willis, LaRon Landry, Gaines Adams, Amobi Okoye, Levi Brown, or Adam Carriker come out after their Junior years? All went in the top 15, and none of them would have been that high in the 2006 draft. By your logic, they are 3rd and 4th round talent. Really stupid.
                    Andre told me the reason he didn't come out was because he and his mom agreed that he wanted to get his degree and have something to fall back on in case football didn't work out for him.

Brohm is going to regret not coming out though imo when he is the 3rd/4th QB chosen next season. (Behind Woodson, Henne, Brennan, and/or Matt Ryan)

Comment

Your grammar is terrible and for that you're wrong. =/ Sorry but that's a pet peeve of mine...make sure you know what word you are using before you type it. "Your wrong" indicates that the wrong belongs to him, however you were trying to say that "You're wrong" a.k.a. you are wrong...it's okay I'll just put this back over their where it belongs. That whey they don't get upset that I was using there things...

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                        Your grammar is terrible and for that you're wrong. =/ Sorry but that's a pet peeve of mine...make sure you know what word you are using before you type it. "Your wrong" indicates that the wrong belongs to him, however you were trying to say that "You're wrong" a.k.a. you are wrong...it's okay I'll just put this back over their where it belongs. That whey they don't get upset that I was using there things...
                        WTF is this 10th grade english? My bad, i type fast so i don't have time to edit this **** before it gets published.

Comment

I will be the first to admit that I haven't seen a whole lot of Andre Woodson, but in the little I have seen, the guy reminds me of McNair coming out of college. Similar skillset (again, I haven't seen a lot) and a bit raw due to coming from a school not known for churning out NFL studs, but still very good production.

Yeah, playing is the SWAC is much different than the SEC (like a Toyota Tacoma is different from a Mack truck) but I could see Woodson needing more seasoning than most raw QBs in the same way that McNair took 3 years before becoming the fulltime starter.
                          Last edited by nobodyinparticular; 05-08-2007, 03:11 AM.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

ive seen a gew clips of woodson and i have to say that hes got a pretty good skillset on the same mend as jamarcus russel but with almost every team having a pretty decent/franchise quarterback at the helm i think that he could slip come draft day next year

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis3394 View Post
                              ive seen a gew clips of woodson and i have to say that hes got a pretty good skillset on the same mend as jamarcus russel but with almost every team having a pretty decent/franchise quarterback at the helm i think that he could slip come draft day next year
                              It's pretty safe to assume that at least 1 or 2 teams in the top 5-10 will be looking for a QB. Mainly because them picking there would imply their QB failed.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information