Who will have the #1 pick in 2008???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will have the #1 pick in 2008???

Who do you think will end up with the worst record this year in the NFL, thus having the #1 pick in the draft next year (unless you are the Browns, thus the Cowboys get it...)

And... who will they take?
    The NFL Draft is the consummation of all things sports. It is where the two greatest sports, who are gravitating toward each other all year, finally meet and kiss...

Texans, McFadden

Comment

I think the bucs might get it. They are going to be in a rebuilding mode for another year. I have a feeling the redskins will be up there also.

Comment

Dolphins, Brohmn

Comment

with the first selection of the 2008 nfl draft, the miami dolphins select brain brohm, qb, university of louisville...

Comment

i think that dallas already has the best end of the deal they made with the browns but it becomes everybodys opinion when the dallas cowboys select #1 overall and pick up mcfadden to team with barber and finally kick out jones.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
              i think that dallas already has the best end of the deal they made with the browns but it becomes everybodys opinion when the dallas cowboys select #1 overall and pick up mcfadden to team with barber and finally kick out jones.
              How can the Browns honestly have the #1 overall pick next year? We got tons better as a team and our schedule on paper is alot easier?

If Quinn was in the 2008 draft he would have easily been the #1 QB with little arguement. #1 QB's almost allways go #1 overall, and next years draft doesnt appear to be very talented yet. We basically traded away a pick next year that wont be #1 overall, but got #1 overall quality in a player compared to next years draft. And it only cost us a 2nd round pick to get our guy earlier than exspected. We also traded again with the Cowboys to get back into the 2nd round and got a top 3 cb, maybe #1 CB overall if he didnt have concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                Dolphins, Brohmn
                Hey, I resent that notion! :(

Cowboys (via Browns)

J-ville might be high up there too.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

I don't think the Browns will get the #1 pick next year. I just think too many people are caught up in this Jerry Jones / Darren McFadden connection. I could see the Browns picking top 5 again, but I think their record will improve by at least a game or two.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
                    How can the Browns honestly have the #1 overall pick next year? We got tons better as a team and our schedule on paper is alot easier?

If Quinn was in the 2008 draft he would have easily been the #1 QB with little arguement. #1 QB's almost allways go #1 overall, and next years draft doesnt appear to be very talented yet. We basically traded away a pick next year that wont be #1 overall, but got #1 overall quality in a player compared to next years draft. And it only cost us a 2nd round pick to get our guy earlier than exspected. We also traded again with the Cowboys to get back into the 2nd round and got a top 3 cb, maybe #1 CB overall if he didnt have concerns.
                    because you play in the toughest division in football and all the other teams in your division are better than you. and granted the AFC North schedule this year is against mediocre talent, i still believe you won't do very good. no matter who starts you are starting a rookie. Frye is no better than Quinn and Quinn is a rookie, you can't expect him to be Big Ben can you?? :D

Comment

what connection does Jones have with McFadden?? I was just thinking that he will be the best prospect and with Jones sucking it up again, that would be who it would pick.

Comment

"Frye is no better than Quinn and Quinn is a rookie, you can't expect him to be Big Ben can you?? "

The same Big Ben that still hasnt shown he can be the same player with great leaders like Bettis etc...?

The same Big Ben that threw 23 INT's?

The same Big Ben that is going into his 4rth season and hasnt played a full season yet?

The same Big Ben that critisized Cowher, like he had nothing to do with the teams succees?

Big Ben hasnt thrown more than 18 TD's in a year yet, hes simply a product of a run oriented system. Hes losing team leaders one by one and noone knows if he can even be half the leader manning and Brady are, etc....

Roethleserger played in conservative offenses for the passing game. His first 2 years in the league he threw about 280 passes a year, thats nothin!

When the Steelers unleashed him for 469 attempts last year he got badly exsposed and deffenses learn how his weaknesses effected the game. Hes nothing IMO.

Fact is when the Steelers relied on solid RB's, they won the games. When teams force Ben into throwing, the Steelers more than likly lose.
                        Last edited by JoeMontainya; 05-08-2007, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post

The same Big Ben that threw 23 INT's?

The same Big Ben that still going into his 4rth year as a QB hasnt played a full season?
                          I'm getting tired of saying that Ben shouldn't have even played 1 snap last season. Cowher refused to sit him.

Why don't you go out, get your head cracked open, then have an emergecy appendectomy and go and try and play like an All-Pro.
                          Last edited by Acreboy; 05-08-2007, 11:45 AM.

Comment

yea that one. the one that also in one season got us 15 wins which i don't believe the browns have had in total in the last 5 yrs. that guy. the one that also led us to the superbowl. yea that big ben. the one that led the steelers to a 41-0 shutout against some team back in 05. yea that horrible QB.
                            Last edited by terribletowel39; 05-08-2007, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                              I'm getting tired of saying that Ben shouldn't have even played 1 snap last season. Cowher refused to sit him.
                              Big Ben was quoted himself as saying he did not want to miss any playing time. It had nothing to do with Cower. Bens apendectomy is the same thing Hines Ward went threw acouple seasons ago and was fine after 2 weeks. The average emergency apendectomy has a max recovery rate of 3-4 weeks, but every steeler fans insist it messed him up the entire year. When Ben had all that time to throw from a solid OL, he let some pretty ugly INT's fly around that were mainly his own fault.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information