Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is DeSean Jackson a Ted Ginn type of player?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is DeSean Jackson a Ted Ginn type of player?

All the videos I've seen online are just him returning punts.

Thanks

no Ginn is a track star and Desean is a football player.
    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
      Yeah, he's a considerably better receiver. Unlike Ginn he can actually run routes.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

D-Jack has better short area quickness and he's not a long strider like Ginn which will ultimately make him more effective in the short to intermediate passing game at the next level.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
        Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

Outside of the small build and amazing speed, they seem to be somewhat different. People bash on Ginn more for whatever reason. I don't quite understand it.

Both need more polish. Jackson will me better at creating in the short spaces and across the middle although I wonder how he will hold up with his small frame. He is a better WR in that sense tho. Ginn has better pure speed once he gets going and is better at making people miss then people like to give him credit for. Just because hes not Reggie Bush doesn't mean he can't make people miss. I think Ginn will be the better KR in the Hester mold while Jackson will be a notch below, at the Dante Hall level.

Ginn will be the better deep threat and can do more on offense in terms of reverses and being a decoy. I think Jackson is flashier which is why people tend to like him more but I think Ginn will be a better big play threat and open up the offense more in the NFL then Jackson will.

All this as of now tho. IF Jackson is horrible next year, we won't even be having this conversation.

Comment

Everyone seems to think that Ginn is the better KR than Jackson, but people have to understand that one of them is an all-american KR (Jackson).

Originally posted by Halsey
            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
              Everyone seems to think that Ginn is the better KR than Jackson, but people have to understand that one of them is an all-american KR (Jackson).
              so is ginn. the kid returned the most punts in big ten history in three years of work. Anyway, i think that Ginn once coached up will be better, i mean he has only been a reciever for two years and he needs a little time. Ginn and jackson are both great threats and playmakers so in that sense both are alike

Comment

Jackson is much more agile and nimble. He makes people miss much easier than Ginn. Better hands, better route runner, better return man. Jackson is just better than Ginn.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioState View Post
                  so is ginn. the kid returned the most punts in big ten history in three years of work. Anyway, i think that Ginn once coached up will be better, i mean he has only been a reciever for two years and he needs a little time. Ginn and jackson are both great threats and playmakers so in that sense both are alike
                  Do you mean he returned the most punts for TD's?

Originally posted by Jakey
                  WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

i think ginn was a better prospect than jackson will be. 170 is just too small and if he gets to 180+, he won't be desean jackson.
                    I'm a state.

Comment

so much hate for ted ginn...it makes me wonder if most people ever saw him play or just remember hearing how raw he was when he was a freshman

Comment

No, Ginn is a ball player.

Xavier Carter was a track star.

DeSean is just a more reliable player.

Comment

gimme a break. Ginn was the best CB in the country by far coming out of High School. Ginn has been a WR for 3 years of his life and was a star at that position. Jackson has been a WR his whole life, so he's had about 12 years of playing the position probably. Ginn has made Leon Hall, Aaron Ross, and some other top corners look like fools. If you don't think Ginn is a football player then you are insane.

Comment

the best thing desean can do is increase his catch #'s. if he can rack up 5+ catches a game, and show he is a good route runner, and can catch in traffic and not really get shut down by anyone.. probably a top 15 pick

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                              Ginn has the all time RECORD for most return touchdowns. I swear the folks on this board have absolutely no idea what they're talking about when the subject of Ted Ginn comes up. They just see that he's a 180 lb. speed receiver and make all these asumptions about him. Ginn was one of the three best receivers in all of college football last year along with Johnson and Jarrett, his production was incredible, every time he touched the ball he could've scored.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information