OSU D vs. LSU D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gstock05 View Post
    Marcus Freeman isn't good enough in run support to be a 1st rounder. Thats just my opinion. He's a GREAT coverage backer, but needs to work on getting off blocks and tackling.
    i was just saying that if he was going to include Larry Grant, who has proved nothing, on that list than Freeman should be on too.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioState View Post
      i was just saying that if he was going to include Larry Grant, who has proved nothing, on that list than Freeman should be on too.
      Larry Grant was the most improved player in the spring for OSU. He'll explode this year. Thats where I'm putting grant up there for.
      Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

Larry Grant was the most improved player in the spring for OSU. He'll explode this year. Thats where I'm putting grant up there for.
        i don't doubt it and i am hoping for it :)

Comment

This D will be better than 2003. 2002 and 2005 were incredible D's, I'd say on paper they have as much talent if not more than both those groups.
          I don't know, 2003 was pretty stacked. Only really had 1 bad game the whole year that unit did. Best run defense in the country and we had AJ Hawk and 1st team all american Will Allen at SS, plus Chris Gamble at CB. This year the talent is extreme, but the run defense still has question marks. If we can stop the run better this year and get better safety play we will have a dominating unit that will let us contend for the NC.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
            dont know the point of comparing opposing defenses, but i'd break it down like:

D-Line: LSU
            Linebackers: Push
            Defensive Backs: OSU

USC's D is easily the best in the nation though.
            It could easily be
            D-Line: USC
            Linebackers: USC
            DB's: USC

that defense is gonna be absolutly disgusting this season

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
              It could easily be
              D-Line: USC
              Linebackers: USC
              DB's: USC

that defense is gonna be absolutly disgusting this season
              i don't know, i don't really trust their secondary that much. Also, they could easily have the third best D line out of the three.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioState View Post
                i don't know, i don't really trust their secondary that much. Also, they could easily have the third best D line out of the three.
                You mean besides possible first rounders in Pinkard and Thomas and future first rounder Taylor Mays? Yeah, they suck I love SC's d-line. Jackson, Ellis, now Griffen....veryyyyyyyyyyyyy niccccccccccccccce.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                  I used to like you TigerBait, but you brought up Jai Eugene and had to remind me of another player that slipped through Michigan's fingers. Thanks a whole bunch ;)
                  I couldn't help myself.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                    You mean besides possible first rounders in Pinkard and Thomas and future first rounder Taylor Mays? Yeah, they suck I love SC's d-line. Jackson, Ellis, now Griffen....veryyyyyyyyyyyyy niccccccccccccccce.
                    don't forget fili moala. that guys a BEAST
                    I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                      VaTech has been the best for a couple years now, and I don't see it changing. Only big loss was Aaron Rouse and he had a mediocre year.
                      Does anyone else find it odd Virginia Tech has fielded top defenses for the better part of a decade yet has only produced one meaningful pro on that side of the ball over that time (DeAngelo Hall)?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/schools/VATECH

Comment

Any of LSUs Dline can start at any school in the nation. Easily. Dorsey is a top 10 pick, Tyson Jackson is a first rounder if he comes out. The rest are fast, atheletic and strong and all were top recruits.

The LBs dont have much when it comes to names but are all very fast and know where the ball will be. Highsmith could very well be the best LB in the conference by the end of the year, possibly the best in the country if he stays healthy. Yea, he's that damn good. That's not even counting the youngster Beckwith. Well I say youngster, younger than Ali. He is an absolute beast, hard hitting, fast, strong, smart. Always in the right place. The other LB spot is for a white boy, not as athletic as the other 2 but still fast and very smart.

The DBs are the most underrated part of this defense. The 2 corners were not tested much last year after Zenon opened the season with his tear of INTs. We lose alot in Landry but Chad Jones is a talent that is amazing. His high school clips were anyways. He is the definition of a ball hawk, hopefully that relegates to the college level. Craig Steltz is a Jack Hunt type player, smart, instinctive, somewhat fast. (Jack Hunt was our safety in the NC season) Always has his guys in the right place, just like a coach on defense should be. This is all not to mention all the highly recruited guys we took in the last 2 seasons in the secondary, ie. Jai Eugene, Phelon Jones, Delvin Breaux, Stefoin Francois, ect. All will most likely see plenty of time on the field since Miles and Pellini love to rotate players constantly.

O yea, Bo Pellini is one of the best defensive minds in the nation. He probably won't be around for too much longer when a big name program comes in and offers him a head coaching job.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

LSU Dline is easily the best. Glenn Dorsey everyone knows who he is. Tyson Jackson is being spoken about as a first rounder. DT's Favorite and Alexander both jrs, I wouldn't be surprised to see in the league come the 09 draft. Then you have DE Rahim Alem formerly Al Jones who was highly ranked coming out of high school as well as sophmore DT big Al Woods 6'5", 325.

I would put LSU's D line up against USC and OSU anyday and twice on Saturdays.

LSU's linebackers are underrated. OLB Ali Highsmith is a senior with a couple years starting not real tall but is fast knows how to tackle and has good instincts I'd say he's a first day pick. JR MLB Darry Beckwith has great measurables and Bo Pelni speaks very highly of him. I think he'll be a first rounder in 09 if he doesn't come out this year. The combo of Senior Luke Sanders and sophomre Jacob Cutrera add quality starting depth.

LSU's Db's are a good bunch. Senior conerbacks Johnathn Zenon and Chevis Jackson are the returning starters and are both SEC seasoned already, both are looking to play their way up in the draft. Senior Saftey Craig Stelz has been backing up LaRon Landry and Jessie Dainles his whole career but has seen plenty of playing time in doing so as eveident by his 4ints last season. The other saftey position will be filled by Curtis Taylor with Danny McCray and possibly someone else coming in for back up support in nickle situations.

Factor in this is now the LSU Defenses 3rd season under coordinator Bo Pelini a defense that has finished top 5 in the nation both previous years.

Comment

USC's D is easily better than OSU's. LSU is a different story.

Comment

No one's D is "easily" better than OSU's. No one in college football anyway. The only conceivable weakness might be the DTs, and they were both 5 star and 4 star recruits though inexperienced and kinda small. I think their LBs, DEs, and DBs will match up with any in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                                No one's D is "easily" better than OSU's. No one in college football anyway. The only conceivable weakness might be the DTs, and they were both 5 star and 4 star recruits though inexperienced and kinda small. I think their LBs, DEs, and DBs will match up with any in the country.
                                Dude OSUs DEs have no shot against LSU or USCs DEs. Not really that close either. LBs, yea maybe. Dont know much about the secondary though.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information