Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So we've debated on who the fastest player in the country is...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So we've debated on who the fastest player in the country is...

But who is the strongest? Call me a homer, but I think FSU defensive tackle Paul Griffin takes the cake. This is a result from the Seminoles strength and conditioning competition.

Bench Press
    1. Paul Griffin (6-1/286) ... 520

Jacques McClendon broke Tennessee's bench press record this summer when he did 555 lbs. He's also a true sophomore.

Comment

I want to know how much these guys squat and deadlift. Both are much better indicators of how strong someone is.

Comment

when did we debate the fastest player in the country?

anyways, Jake Long is certainly in the mix (pretty much every nomination will be a homer pick...)
        I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post

anyways, Jake Long is certainly in the mix (pretty much every nomination will be a homer pick...)
          Was there not a thread asking who the fastest player in the country was?

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
            Was there not a thread asking who the fastest player in the country was?
            ya there was... i gotta think long is one of the strongest players

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Not really sure about other players, but Marcus Freeman, a 240 lb linebacker broke the OSU hang clean record with a 405 hang clean. That's a pretty rediculous show of strength.
              Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

Squat is the most overrated lift, its important but u max out(hit the top) way to fast, plus its inredably bad for your back. I got to 550, but after that everytime i would do reps of 500, my hamys got tight/pulledish. I for one am more for Leg press, but thats just cause i cant squat anymore. 555lbs bench is great, what about reps? we had a LB at Saddleback do 34 reps at 225lbs and hes 220lbs. Pound for pound strength or just straight strength is also a question

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post

He might not be the strongest in the weight room but he has that field strength...kind of like Deion saying the next man speed but in strength

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
                    Squat is the most overrated lift, its important but u max out(hit the top) way to fast, plus its inredably bad for your back. I got to 550, but after that everytime i would do reps of 500, my hamys got tight/pulledish. I for one am more for Leg press, but thats just cause i cant squat anymore. 555lbs bench is great, what about reps? we had a LB at Saddleback do 34 reps at 225lbs and hes 220lbs. Pound for pound strength or just straight strength is also a question
                    Wow GBS....Squat is the most overrated? Squat is the most important lift out there. It's only bad for your back if your technique is ****. You do know you can break through plateaus once you think you've reached your max right? Squat most overrated...this guy and his jokes.

Jake Long has man strength. I don't know what his lifts are but he throws people around like rag dolls.

Comment

Actually, there is a player on Michigan that is stronger than Jake Long, and his name is Terrence Taylor. As a junior in HS he won the Michigan state power lifting title and set a record with a combined 1615 lbs lifted in three events. He squatted 610 lbs, dead lifted 620 lbs, and benched 385 lbs. His personal best in High School was squatting 625 lbs.

Comment

we should have a slowest player thread...

Comment

Proper squats aren't all that bad for your back. Obviously once you get into the 500+ range, you're asking for trouble, because keeping form gets pretty difficult, and it gets tough on the muscles you use, just like any other lift. A little less weight and more reps is better for football, but the squat is a very important lift.

I would even venture out there and say that the leg press is far more dangerous than a squat is. If you do both of them right, you're fine. If you mess up a leg press, you can screw the heck out of your knees.

Comment

On my High School team we had a 5'6'' 150 LB(Runs a 4.6) do squated 40 reps of 225 lbs. That was when he was a sophmore. Also our QB did 205 32 times.
                            Last edited by Primetime21; 08-19-2007, 11:40 PM.
                            Originally posted by STARHEATHER
                            the only hot actreeses are adult
                            Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                            players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
                            Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Comment

40? One of the strongest players in South Florida last year, Kevin Bryant, got like 43 reps at 6-6 380. For some reason I doubt a 150 kid did it 40 times.

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information