Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Teel's chance in the nfl?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mike Teel's chance in the nfl?

    He's only a junior now... I know he sometimes makes poor decisions and he's got ray rice behind him but i think he could be a day 2 pick in '09... I think he could make a good backup and if he was under a knowledgeable vet i think he could one day be a starter... just my opinion
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

  • #2
    there is no way teel gets to the nfl at his current level at play. Teel can barely play his role and i would be surprised to see him drafted

    Comment


    • #3
      Teel looked much better down the stretch last year once the WRs improved, and is having a great camp. I wouldn't put too much weight on struggles as a sophomore, he still has two years to improve.

      He's not an elite prospect or anything but he's tall and has a big arm. That's what the NFL looks for.

      Comment


      • #4
        journeyman at best
        But whatever gets him the paycheck!



        Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

        Comment


        • #5
          Ryan Hart was probably better on an obviously much worse team...he didn't make it to Sunday's, neither will Teel.

          Comment


          • #6
            hart didnt have the attention teel is going to get... teel has some pretty good recievers that are young so if he plays smart i think he'll get drafted
            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by EddieRoyalVT4 View Post
              Ryan Hart was probably better on an obviously much worse team...he didn't make it to Sunday's, neither will Teel.
              Its a little early to judge which one will be better dont ya think?



              Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

              Comment


              • #8
                Teel wasn't even the guaranteed the starting job at Rutgers this fall. He should secure that even more before he is worried about playing on Sundays.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by EddieRoyalVT4 View Post
                  Ryan Hart was probably better on an obviously much worse team...he didn't make it to Sunday's, neither will Teel.
                  Ryan Hart didn't have a positive TD/INT ratio until his senior year. He was a homeless man's Chad Pennington. Some random guy off the street would have more arm strength.

                  Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  Teel wasn't even the guaranteed the starting job at Rutgers this fall. He should secure that even more before he is worried about playing on Sundays.
                  Er, what? That's not true at all. Schiano was itching to play Teel two years ago over Hart. He is absolutely infatuated with Teel.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Some were hoping Natale would come in and push Teel. Thats a fact. Teel hasn't exactly blown anyone away. The fact that Schiano was itching to play Teel over Hart, doesn't neccesarily say anythign about Teel. Hart was just awful.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I dont think Teel will ever play in the NFL. If guys like Kliff Kingsbury, B.J. Symons, Jeff Smoker... The list goes on who were all better then Teel in their college days cant stay in the NFL ranks I dont see how Teel will, but like you said he has time to get better.
                      Originally posted by nvot9
                      I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

                      Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                      Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                      Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                      Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                      Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Teel is only a junior right, too soon to be comparing his abilities w/ guys who have already played(Hart,Smoker, etc). AFter this year sure, but now is way too soon.



                        Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                          Teel is only a junior right, too soon to be comparing his abilities w/ guys who have already played(Hart,Smoker, etc). AFter this year sure, but now is way too soon.
                          I understand what your saying thats why I said he still has time to improve his skills and maybe get drafted, but who knows.
                          Originally posted by nvot9
                          I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

                          Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                          Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                          Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                          Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                          Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            Some were hoping Natale would come in and push Teel. Thats a fact. Teel hasn't exactly blown anyone away. The fact that Schiano was itching to play Teel over Hart, doesn't neccesarily say anythign about Teel. Hart was just awful.
                            "Some" fans upset by his poor first half. Natale is unlikely to ever see the field because of his elbow injury. Teel is lightyears ahead of Lovelace and Etienne at this point.

                            Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
                            I dont think Teel will ever play in the NFL. If guys like Kliff Kingsbury, B.J. Symons, Jeff Smoker... The list goes on who were all better then Teel in their college days cant stay in the NFL ranks I dont see how Teel will, but like you said he has time to get better.
                            Kingsbury/Symons were system QBs all the way. No one thought they'd do anything. Teel at least plays in a pro-style offense, and he has two years left. No one knows how he'll do, but the one thing we can point at is Teel was much better at the end of the year as Britt and Brown emerged as true freshmen. Smoker's problem was more that he had substance abuse issues iirc.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Even though Kingsbury and Symons were system quarterbacks they were still pretty good.
                              Originally posted by nvot9
                              I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

                              Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                              Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                              Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                              Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                              Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information