Charlie Weis Blasted by former ND all american

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Weis Blasted by former ND all american

I love it. Finally Charlie is getting attacked by the media for being the arrogant foul-mouthed a-hole that he is. Is it any surprise that so many of his stud recruits have already transferred out from ND?

The link is currently down, but it's from the boston herald.

Here's what NFL Hall of Famer Bob Kuechenberg has to say about Weis...

This man has not been a good ... human being might be a little bit broad ... but this man has not been good to anybody who came to Notre Dame. Within the Notre Dame family, when former All-American players say to a man that this guys an (expletive), and for no reason, to me its karma that hes getting his ass handed to him.

In the face of all of those embarrassments, to then have Charlie Weis back out on you a couple of weeks into his career would have been really embarrassing, which is probably why they succumbed to that type of blackmail, Kuechenberg said. Its the mark of the man. I can see after a couple of years to say lets talk about an extension. But right away? Its karmic justice that Charlie Weis is getting what he deserves for his actions"

I was up there two weeks ago for the Michigan State game, Kuechenberg said. He has insulted people. It doesnt matter if youre an ex-football player, a regular alumni, what have you. Hes been abusive and totally, unnecessarily arrogant to the Notre Dame family itself and its all coming back in his lap.

Ive yet to meet the man, and frankly I hope I never do. Theres nothing about his image that I have any respect for. I dont know Charlie personally, but his image is wide enough and consistent enough from sources I hold in high regard. These are good friends of mine and its the same broken record. This guy is an ogre.

Hes been rude to them, curt and abrasive. The Notre Dame student-athlete is held to a higher standard, so whats with the coach? Hello -- youre the leader. Act like one.
    Browns & Buckeyes <3

Originally posted by gstock05 View Post
    I love it. Finally Charlie is getting attacked by the media for being the arrogant foul-mouthed a-hole that he is. Is it any surprise that so many of his stud recruits have already transferred out from ND?
    What stud recruits do you refer to?

"I've yet to meet the man". So he's going off hearsay?

Comment

I'm so glad to see ND struggling so bad under Weis... not because I hate Weis or ND (because I really don't) but because Ty Willingham never should have been fired. They're getting what they deserve right now.
      The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

i hate charlie weis and am glad that others are seeing that he is such a *** as well

Comment

These excerpts from the article do a really poor job of explaining any reasoning at all for making Weis out to be a bad person.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            What stud recruits do you refer to?

"I've yet to meet the man". So he's going off hearsay?
            I've heard a lot of the same too about charlie. Where theres smoke, theres fire. Too many people have said he's an arrogant foul mouthed ass for it not to be true to an extent. It's not hard to see him swearing his mouth off at every opportunity.

Recruits who have left ND?

Demetrius Jones, Konrad Reuland, Zach Frazier, Darius Walker leaving early (heard weis was a big part of this), Chris Stewart leaving the team, not to mention the plethora of recruits who switched verbals in last year's recruiting class.
            Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

heres the link to the full article

http://bostonherald.com/sports/colle...icleid=1036905
              Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

Only Notre Dame would give a crap what someone completely unaffiliated with the program has to say about its current coach.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by gstock05 View Post
                  I've heard a lot of the same too about charlie. Where theres smoke, theres fire. Too many people have said he's an arrogant foul mouthed ass for it not to be true to an extent. It's not hard to see him swearing his mouth off at every opportunity.

Recruits who have left ND?

Demetrius Jones, Konrad Reuland, Zach Frazier, Darius Walker leaving early (heard weis was a big part of this), Chris Stewart leaving the team, not to mention the plethora of recruits who switched verbals in last year's recruiting class.
                  well reuland left cause he was burried on the depth chart, and fraizer and jones were never going to start, and chris stewart came back to the team. That only leaves Walker and I heard he had some problems with some of the staff I know he got into an argument with one of the coaches about one of the drills they had to do, so walker was the only one that I heard that had big problems with the staff.

Comment

Who cares if he's an a-hole, you can't argue with those great results. 1-5...tell me that's not worth a jerkass coach.

Comment

If Ty ever had a year like this, he would of been out of there before the season was over good...Weiss was winning with willingham's players, why is it that when his players are coming into starting roles he hasnt done anything with it? He will probably get a free pass for some time for it though

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        If Ty ever had a year like this, he would of been out of there before the season was over good...Weiss was winning with willingham's players, why is it that when his players are coming into starting roles he hasnt done anything with it? He will probably get a free pass for some time for it though
                        The classes Weis brought in were much more highly regarded than anything Ty brought in. All scouting services agree their in no denying that. Right now what you have is the back end of Ty's recruits, which were bad, and Charlie's first recruiting class. Weis' first class was bad as well because he had about two weeks to put it together since he was too busy helping the Pats win a Super Bowl. All the good recruits on this team are freshmen and sophmores from Weis's second and third recruiting class. Thats why they aren't winning.

As for players transferring, like someone said before, any player who transferred basically was buried on the depth chart because of better recruits Charlie brought in. And Charlie never had anything but great things to say about Walker. Maybe too great and it got to his head. As a sophmore Weis said that Walker could play in the NFL right now in a role like Kevin Faulk on the Pats.

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                          I'm so glad to see ND struggling so bad under Weis... not because I hate Weis or ND (because I really don't) but because Ty Willingham never should have been fired. They're getting what they deserve right now.
                          Well enjoy it now because with all the recruits he has coming in its not going to last. Our record is what it is because we have all young players right now. Any school would be going through what Notre Dame is if they had the same schedule and the same young talent. So enjoy saying its Charlies fault now because in a couple of years when we are back on top you'll be able to blame that on Charlie too.
                          Originally posted by nvot9
                          I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                          Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                          Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                          Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                          Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            Only Notre Dame would give a crap what someone completely unaffiliated with the program has to say about its current coach.
                            Notre Dame doesnt care obviously the Boston Herald does since they put it in their paper. Do you think Notre Dame would have signed Weis to a 10 year contract if they didnt like the guy?.... I dont think so.
                            Originally posted by nvot9
                            I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                            Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                            Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                            Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                            Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Weis is an arrogant man, he is getting what he deserves.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information