This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
    Kid should have followed in his father's footsteps.

Comment

• Originally posted by MassNole View Post
      Kid should have followed in his father's footsteps.
      why would he want to do that?

Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

why would he want to do that?
        So he could play in bowl games his last 2 years or to have actually seen the field. He may not be an All American but had he gone to FSU over USC he would have seen a lot more playing time and received great coaching.\

Similarly, Lorenzo Booker would have been better off going to USC over FSU. He would have gotten to establish his role a year before Bush and White came in and given those 2003, 2004, and 2005 teams yet another weapon that an intelligent OC would have used. It goes both ways.
        Last edited by MassNole; 05-10-2011, 07:44 AM.

Comment

So he could play in bowl games his last 2 years or to have actually seen the field. He may not be an All American but had he gone to FSU over USC he would have seen a lot more playing time and received great coaching.\

Similarly, Lorenzo Booker would have been better off going to USC over FSU. He would have gotten to establish his role a year before Bush and White came in and given those 2003, 2004, and 2005 teams yet another weapon that an intelligent OC would have used. It goes both ways.
          Great coaching? When is the last time FSU produced a legit Wide receiver?

Comment

USC produces better WR's. Plain and simple, and when he went to USC they were much more successful than FSU.

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

USC produces better WR's. Plain and simple, and when he went to USC they were much more successful than FSU.
              Besides Steve Smith who?

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
                Besides Steve Smith who?
                Well if we are talking about college receivers i can go for a while

Keyshawn Williams
                Kareem Kelly
                Mike Williams
                Kerry Colbert
                Dwayne Jarrett
                Steve Smith
                Damian Williams
                Ronald Johnson

Now: Robert Woods

USC has a good track record of getting their receivers to progress.

Keyshawn had a solid NFL career, Williams is making a strong come back, Steve Smith is very solid. Damien will be a good player in Tennessee for a while.

More than what FSU has done with the position. Last guy I can even remember really is Peter Warrick and that was like 15 years ago lol.

Comment

• Anquan Boldin's career ***** slaps that of any of those players.

Comment

Anquan Boldin's career ***** slaps that of any of those players.
                    Wasnt that great in college, isnt that what we are talking about? this is the college football forum right?

1 guy FSU produced did well in the NFL? good for you guys, and really how good is he now that he is away from Haley and Fitz? Was pretty mediocre to say the least this year after he was expected to break out and be their go to guy.
                    Last edited by SickwithIt1010; 05-10-2011, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Washaun Ealey GONE!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6516694
                      Last edited by shylo3716; 05-10-2011, 11:20 PM.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                      The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                      Newton
                      South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                      Barely literate +5 swagger
                      Thief +15 swagger
                      Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                      Big, average speed -3 swagger
                      Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                      Total Swagger: 62
                      ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

• Broken link dude

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6516694

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                        2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                        2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Wasnt that great in college, isnt that what we are talking about? this is the college football forum right?
                          Neither were any of the guy you listed besides Mike Williams, Keyshawn Johnson and maybe Jarret not counting woods yet.

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                          really how good is he now that he is away from Haley and Fitz? Was pretty mediocre to say the least this year after he was expected to break out and be their go to guy.

If you were serious he caught 101 balls for almost 1,400 yards and 8 TDs with Jeff Blake and some other guy his QB. Oh yeah he did it with out fitz and it was his rookie year.

Oh yeah its Keyshawn Johnson not Williams LOL.

Comment

Neither were any of the guy you listed besides Mike Williams, Keyshawn Johnson and maybe Jarret not counting woods yet.

Oh yeah its Keyshawn Johnson not Williams LOL.
                            They were all very good college receivers so I dont know what the **** you are talking about. The original statement I made was saying that USC produces better receivers than FSU, which is true. They have Boldin (Who wasnt as good of a college WR as a pro) and who else? FSU receivers are nothin special.

Maybe Jarrett? are you ******* kidding me?

If you are comparing Boldins college production to any of those 3 you are ******* high. Dwayne almost had more receiving yards in his sophomore season than Boldin had in his entire career at FSU. So dont compare Boldin as a college WR to any of them.

Jarrett was a very special college receiver even if his talent didnt work out in the NFL.

55 REC 849 YDS 15.4 YPC 13 TD

91 REC 1274 YDS 14.0 YPC 16 TD

70 REC 1015 YDS 14.5 YPC 12 TD

Sorry, i made a typo. Now youre begging to find things to point out lol.

Comment

They were all very good college receivers so I dont know what the **** you are talking about. The original statement I made was saying that USC produces better receivers than FSU, which is true. They have Boldin (Who wasnt as good of a college WR as a pro) and who else? FSU receivers are nothin special.

Maybe Jarrett? are you ******* kidding me?

If you are comparing Boldins college production to any of those 3 you are ******* high. Dwayne almost had more receiving yards in his sophomore season than Boldin had in his entire career at FSU. So dont compare Boldin as a college WR to any of them.

Jarrett was a very special college receiver even if his talent didnt work out in the NFL.

55 REC 849 YDS 15.4 YPC 13 TD

91 REC 1274 YDS 14.0 YPC 16 TD

70 REC 1015 YDS 14.5 YPC 12 TD

Sorry, i made a typo. Now youre begging to find things to point out lol.
                              You said GREAT, Steve Smith, Colbert,Williams and whoever else were not great they were number 2's or pretty good. I never said Boldin was great in college but was pretty good. Your right Jarrett was a great college WR.

Florida State has produced Marvin Minnis aka Snoop Minnis, Laveranus Cole,Peter Warrick, Willie Reid and Javon Walker off the top of my head.

Comment

You said GREAT, Steve Smith, Colbert,Williams and whoever else were not great they were number 2's or pretty good. I never said Boldin was great in college but was pretty good. Your right Jarrett was a great college WR.

Florida State has produced Marvin Minnis aka Snoop Minnis, Laveranus Cole,Peter Warrick, Willie Reid and Javon Walker off the top of my head.
                                Damian Williams was most definitely our number 1 while he was at SC.

Steve Smith wouldve been a number 1 at most schools in the country but was overshadowed by a guy who was in the running for the top WR in the country for his last 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information