Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had Preston Parker and Jarmon Fortson not been head cases, they would have both become stars. Losing Fortson really hurt FSU's receiving corps in 2010 and forced Haulstead and Smith to play before they were ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
      You said GREAT, Steve Smith, Colbert,Williams and whoever else were not great they were number 2's or pretty good. I never said Boldin was great in college but was pretty good. Your right Jarrett was a great college WR.

Florida State has produced Marvin Minnis aka Snoop Minnis, Laveranus Cole,Peter Warrick, Willie Reid and Javon Walker off the top of my head.
      Since the 2000 Draft FSU has produced

Peter Warrick
      Ron Duggans
      Lav Coles
      Snoop Minnis
      Anquan Boldin
      Javon Walker
      P.K. Sam
      Craphonso Thorpe
      Willie Reid
      Chris Davis
      Richard Goodman
      Rod Owens

Not to mention players like Chauncey Stovall, who was First Team All ACC his senior year (may have made Eagles as an UFA) or De'Cody Fagg who blew his knee out at the Combine. I won't argue USC has had better college WRs, but FSU has certainly put out better pros over the past decade or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
        Damian Williams was most definitely our number 1 while he was at SC.

Steve Smith wouldve been a number 1 at most schools in the country but was overshadowed by a guy who was in the running for the top WR in the country for his last 2 years.
        Williams was pretty good not great, I know he was a number 1.

I was going to list Craphonso Thorpe but I couldn't spell his first name.
        Last edited by Complex; 05-10-2011, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MassNole View Post
          Since the 2000 Draft FSU has produced

Peter Warrick
          Ron Duggans
          Lav Coles
          Snoop Minnis
          Anquan Boldin
          Javon Walker
          P.K. Sam
          Craphonso Thorpe
          Willie Reid
          Chris Davis
          Richard Goodman
          Rod Owens

Not to mention players like Chauncey Stovall, who was First Team All ACC his senior year (may have made Eagles as an UFA) or De'Cody Fagg who blew his knee out at the Combine. I won't argue USC has had better college WRs, but FSU has certainly put out better pros over the past decade or so.
          Agree to disagree I guess, Im not impressed with many of the guys they have put in the pros.

Might be my usc bias but still.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Boldin, Walker, and Coles have all been to the Pro Bowl IIRC. Boldin re-wrote the rookie receiving records. I don't really see the debate.

Comment

• Former NC State QB Russell Wilson has reached out to Wisconsin
              Last edited by shylo3716; 05-11-2011, 02:50 PM.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
              The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
              Newton
              South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
              Barely literate +5 swagger
              Thief +15 swagger
              Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
              Big, average speed -3 swagger
              Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
              Total Swagger: 62
              ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

• Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
                Former NC State QB Russell Wilson has reached out to Wisconsin
                My number one ranked QB LOL. Too bad he's a midge.

Comment

• Janoris Jenkins to North Alabama.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                    Tyler Gabbert will transfer.
                    there was a multitude of reasons why Tyler wanted to transfer.

#1) yes, tech there was a competition for the starting job between James Franklin, Ashton Glaser and Tyler Gabbert. James Franklin had the early lead and hasn't given up any ground. his talents fit the offense that MU likes to run better than the other 2. his scrambling ability has MU fans thinking back to the Brad Smith days. James has been the favorite of fans and the coaching staff since it was clear Blaine Gabbert wasn't returning for his senior season.
                    #2) his spot on the depth chart became a permanent one, at least for the near future, with his horrible spring game. 8-22 48yds 1 int
                    #3) Tyler is considerably less talented than his older brother. despite sharing a last name, they are completely different. Tyler is smaller and less gifted physically. MU presented a good situation for Tyler because Blaine was doing so well, his family figured Tyler could move into the starting rotation without much outcry from the fans. once it was apparent that wasn't happening, Tyler and his family made the decision to transfer.

i wish him well, i just don't think he is that good of a QB. he was the 8th ranked QB in the state of Missouri in his recruiting class. we aren't well known as a huge high school football mecca. i hope the school he's transferring to looks at his tape well. or maybe he'll just end up buried on another bench somewhere else. i feel bad for him. it's gotta suck to be stuck in your older bros shadow.
                    Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan; 05-11-2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                      Janoris Jenkins to the school for misfit Noles.
                      Why didn't he go down to FCS?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                        Janoris Jenkins to North Alabama.
                        Link me please

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                        The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                        Newton
                        South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                        Barely literate +5 swagger
                        Thief +15 swagger
                        Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                        Big, average speed -3 swagger
                        Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                        Total Swagger: 62
                        ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

Link me please
                          http://atlanta.sbnation.com/georgia-...-north-alabama

Also, Washaun Ealey is leaving Georgia.

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/2011/5/1...ia-football-is

Comment

Link me please
                            http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Janoris+Jenkins+to+North+Alabama

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Check the top of the page kind sir. With issue on Russell I'll let you guys know something concrete soon seeing as how my best friends nephew is dating Russell's little sister lol.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                              2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                                Update from my earlier post...

Former Gateway standout Dorian Bell may indeed leave Ohio State, but there is absolutely zero chance he will end up at Pitt. I was told tonight by several sources that Pitt coach Todd Graham will not even consider taking Bell, who is suspended for next season for unspecified rules violations, or any player who has been in trouble elsewhere. So that should put an end to any speculation about Bell coming to Pitt.
                                http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/...dshirt-diaries

And Tyler Gabbert's name is added to the mix...

It sure seems that way, particularly if the latest rumors about Gateway's Dorian Bell and Missouri quarterback Tyler Gabbert are true -- in a nutshell both are allegedly considering a transfer to Pitt, though it sounds like Bell is a lot closer to a decision (it sounds to me like he could be staying in Columbus, or at least wants to stay Columbus, though he is currently suspended from the team) than Gabbert.
                                http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/...dshirt-diaries
                                Last edited by phlysac; 05-12-2011, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information