Felix Jones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felix Jones

Just reported on Arkansas radio he's returning.

Im sure we all called that one.
    http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/s.../368jordan.jpg

Comment

Quite a few mocks had Felix in them. Some in round 1. It's best for his stock though.

Comment

Bad move for him. How much higher can a speed back go than 15-25?
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

I think it was a bad move. I dont think he as talanted as DMAC, and he benefitted alot from being in the same backfield, and I think everyone can agree. He is still a talent, but I think he should have come out this year.

Comment

Well I think that rules out a rb in the 1st for dallas, Id like to think Mendenhall would go before early twenties

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              Well I think that rules out a rb in the 1st for dallas, Id like to think Mendenhall would go before early twenties
              Looking for a compliment fot Barbarian? I think he could carry the load no?

Comment

I don't know if it is a bad move. He'll get a lot of chances to carry the load in Arkansas

Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I believe that he wants to show that he can be a one man show and he's hoping that will propel his draft stock higher for next season

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I think it's a good move for him. There's a chance he can move closer to the mid-first next year. Granted, there's risk involved, as he has to play out next year first, and who knows what happens. But he was more of a late first/early 2nd this year.

It'll be interesting to see which junior RB's declare. I think Slaton is probably headed back barring a surprise. I think Rice is the one that should declare. I could see James Davis consider bolting as a result of Jones staying. There's often a surprise bolt. James Davis may qualify as a surprise, but with Charles/Kevin Smith looking like they are all staying, I could see a junior decide to see if they can sneak into the 2nd/3rd stanza.

Anyhow, I guess the RB rankings are getting clearer. My order (with James Davis as a junior in)

First Tier

1. Darren McFadden - No question. Only thing left is whether or not he can run, say, a low 4.4 or better. Top 5 pick.

2. Rashard Mendenhall - His 40 time will be huge. A mid-4.4 time or better, and he may lock up the 2nd spot. Mid-late first.

3. Jonathan Stewart - A lot of folks are wondering on that 40 time. A bad time (say mid-4.5's or worse) and he could fall a bit. Remember how Steven Jackson fell? It could happen here, even though for his size, a 4.55 type time is fine. Late first/early 2nd.

2nd tier

4. Chris Johnson - I expect him to keep sliding his way up. A huge 40 time (say low 4.3, if not an insane high 4.2) and there is an outside chance he goes late first. 2nd rounder.

5. Ray Rice - A lot of folks seem to love this guy. I wonder what his 40 time will be. Seems all over the board. But enough folks like him that I can't see him dropping out of the 2nd. Outside shot at late first. early-mid 2nd.

6. James Davis - If he bolts, I think he'll get a lot of looks. Solid back. A good 40 time and he's got an outside shot at late first. mid-2nd-early 3rd.

3rd tier

7. Mike Hart - Some like him as a tough back. Others don't for obvious reasons. I don't see him dropping out of the 3rd, though. Some team will gamble on "toughness" and "leadership". late 2nd - mid 3rd

8. Matt Forte - Good size and what seems like enough speed. Think Brian Leonard. For all the focus on Jacob Hester that's been given this year, Forte's a similar, and better, prospect. mid 3rd - mid 4th.

9. Tashard Choice - I like the guy. Solid player. Just too many concerns, ranging from health to 40 time. If healthy, could be a solid player, perhaps more of a complement than a lead. mid 3rd - mid 5th.

10. Louis Rankin - A bit under the radar, it seems, but he seems to look the part. I like what I saw this year, and he has good enough size. 40 time will be huge. late 3rd - early 5th (range isn't as low as Choice's due to Choice's health questions)

One of my personal favorites, Calvin Dawson, just hurt himself bad by stealing. I won't be surprised if he ends up in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                      3. Jonathan Stewart - A lot of folks are wondering on that 40 time. A bad time (say mid-4.5's or worse) and he could fall a bit. Remember how Steven Jackson fell? It could happen here, even though for his size, a 4.55 type time is fine. Late first/early 2nd.
                      I thought Stewart has been timed at a 4.3, i don't see him running any higher than a 4.46

Comment

Stewart's times have been all over the board. Some have him high 4.3's, I've seen others say high 4.5's.

Comment

I agree with toonster. If Johnson runs well, he is going to make some major moves on boards.

Comment

I think it's a very good move for him. It will show if he is able to carry a full load or not.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by OregonDucks View Post
                              Im sure we all called that one.
                              Whose we all? He would have probably been a late 1st early 2nd rounder if he would have come out.
                              Originally posted by nvot9
                              I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                              Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                              Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                              Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                              Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information