New Michigan Football

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Michigan Football

Just curious on what everyone thinks of the new michigan football program. It seems like they changed almost everything since RR came in. It seems like some of the standards of Michigan football have already fallen a little. How long do you think it will take to him put together a national championship type team. Im a michigan fan and im not really sure what to think except we are gonna be really fast in the next couple years. what does everyone think?

Vs. Utah: Loss
    Vs. Miami (OH): Win
    @ Notre Dame: Win
    Vs. Wisconsin: Loss
    Vs. Illinois: Loss
    Vs. Toledo: Win
    @ Penn State: Win
    Vs. Michigan State: Win
    @ Purdue: Win
    @ Minnesota: Win
    Vs. Northwestern: Win
    @ Ohio State: Loss

Wouldn't surprise me if we lost one in that stretch of six straight wins, but the way we've manhandled PSU and MSU lately has me cautiously optimistic.
    By that time, the O will hopefully be in decent shape. The D will have to carry the squad early on.

Comment

I just hope it doesn't get too bad early on.

Comment

I would hope penn state could handle michigan this year. Yeah, we've been bad against them for a while now but i think we are an improved team and michigan is going to get worse before they get better.

Comment

Originally posted by SMoore View Post
          I would hope penn state could handle michigan this year. Yeah, we've been bad against them for a while now but i think we are an improved team and michigan is going to get worse before they get better.
          Doesn't seem to have mattered recently who's good and who's not. Michigan wins. End of story. Remember 2005?

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
            Vs. Utah: Loss
            Vs. Miami (OH): Win
            @ Notre Dame: Win
            Vs. Wisconsin: Loss
            Vs. Illinois: Loss
            Vs. Toledo: Win
            @ Penn State: Win
            Vs. Michigan State: Win
            @ Purdue: Win
            @ Minnesota: Win
            Vs. Northwestern: Win
            @ Ohio State: Loss

Wouldn't surprise me if we lost one in that stretch of six straight wins, but the way we've manhandled PSU and MSU lately has me cautiously optimistic.
            By that time, the O will hopefully be in decent shape. The D will have to carry the squad early on.
            That's about what I've pegged them for, but I think they'll probably lose against Purdue or MSU, that'll be tough to pull those two out. But 7 or 8 wins wouldn't be bad considering UM has no QB really right now.

Comment

I gurantee Michigan will have more team speed this year. Rodriguez's strength and conditioning workouts are insane.

Comment

We'll be somewhere between 6-6 and 8-4 I think. Hopefully closer to the latter. I think next year is a rebuilding year, 2009 is step in the right direction and we'll have a chance at competing for the Big Ten title, and by 2010 we should be the Michigan of old.

Comment

Originally posted by bigG View Post
                  I gurantee Michigan will have more team speed this year. Rodriguez's strength and conditioning workouts are insane.
                  yea, i mean, only barwis could put 10 lbs on slaton and make him 1-2 steps slower

be ready for rod to throw the players under the bus and not accept any responsibility for losses; they are always due to a "lack of execution"

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                    yea, i mean, only barwis could put 10 lbs on slaton and make him 1-2 steps slower

be ready for rod to throw the players under the bus and not accept any responsibility for losses; they are always due to a "lack of execution"
                    Did Slaton look 2 steps slower when WVU was winning games. I know you have hatred for the coach but he runs a good system.

Comment

Who IS Michigan's quarterback right now?

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I could see Michigan losing to Toledo. They are an underrated team who will be bowling this year.

Originally posted by Halsey
                        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by bigG View Post
                          Did Slaton look 2 steps slower when WVU was winning games. I know you have hatred for the coach but he runs a good system.
                          yes, he didnt have the same burst as the last 2 yrs

watch highlights from the sugar bowl, than watch any game this year and tell me if hes slower

clocked at a 4.36 before his soph year; 4.47 at the combine

those are accurate b/c i was lookin at other players wvu had times for and looked at their combine times, and they werent off by very much; maybe .01-.03 at most

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

I'd rather have a guy run a 4.45 and also be able to run in between the tackles than a 4.3 guy who can't.

There will be no dissenting commentary on Mike Barwis, for he is the greatest. He's a big part of WVU's success. They're always one of the fastest, if not the fastest team in the country.

Comment

yes, he didnt have the same burst as the last 2 yrs

watch highlights from the sugar bowl, than watch any game this year and tell me if hes slower

clocked at a 4.36 before his soph year; 4.47 at the combine

those are accurate b/c i was lookin at other players wvu had times for and looked at their combine times, and they werent off by very much; maybe .01-.03 at most
                              I love reading your posts, they are dripping with bias and I can literally feel you seething as you type the 200th negative thing about the Rodriguez regime since he left.

Cue this to be followed up with a glowing report on all of Rod's assistants that didn't follow him to Michigan, a comment about the bubble screen, and some sort of allusion to increased success in recruiting due to a new obscure position coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information