Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lane Kiffin may not even make it through his first season at UT...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
    *shrugs*

It depends on the context. It sounds like it was a joke, but it could have been a sign of desperation. Either way, it didn't offend Ashlon Jeffery. Even his football coached rationalized the comment:

Douche move? Gimme a break. My God - Kiffin made an analogy of potential success between Jeffery at UT and Jeffery at South Carolina! How dare he?! Welcome to the SEC. Kiffin is a polarizing figure, so people will latch onto anything to knock him. That's fine. Meanwhile, Florida and Georgia fans are laughing at what Kiffin said. We really don't like each other.
    Telling a recruit if he signs with South Carolina that he would "end up pumping gas for the rest of his life" is more than analogy, that's a dick move. I'm guessing you're a big Volunteer fan, hence why you're defending the guy but that's just classless and being a sore loser. This is what, his 3rd incident so far at UT? Calling Meyer a cheater, the story about his coaches taking their shirts off when recruits were there, and now this.

Pile that on top of what Al Davis said about him in his press conference/power point presentation and I don't get a good vibe off Kiffin at all, in fact the picture that people have painted of him and that he's painted of himself shows a douche bag.

Karma's a *****, just remember that Lane.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
      Telling a recruit if he signs with South Carolina that he would "end up pumping gas for the rest of his life" is more than analogy, that's a dick move.
      This can be dropped because both Lane Kiffin and Ashlon Jeffrey deny that this was ever said.

Calling Meyer a cheater, the story about his coaches taking their shirts off when recruits were there, and now this.
      How is that at all an incident? It's different, off the wall, and the recruits actually had fun. Like I've said before, Pete Carroll does similar stuff, you gonna crucify him?

Pile that on top of what Al Davis said about him in his press conference/power point presentation and I don't get a good vibe off Kiffin at all, in fact the picture that people have painted of him and that he's painted of himself shows a douche bag.
      I can't believe anyone would ever take Al Davis' word on this. It's Al friggin Davis. Come on.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

Lane Kiffin/Bryce Brown theme

Comment

Getting Brown was huge for Kiffin because not only is Brown widely considered the top prospect in the country, but getting a recruit like that ups his 'approval rating' big time. Kiffin better hope Brown lives up to the hype and isn't a diva like some seem to think he is.
          Last edited by Halsey; 03-17-2009, 12:23 AM.

Comment

heh

Between Kiffin and Brown, watching UT next year is going to be akin to watching an episode of Gossip Girls....

I'm sure David Oku is thrilled atm.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

The only opinion that Kiffin is probably concerned with is that of his boss, the athletic director, and if UT is like any other major university football program, the AD has to deal with heavily with donors. So, if Kiffin goes out and does stuff like sign Bryce Brown, I can guarantee you that a ******** of donations are going to come out of this from the major donors. We have a thing called the 12th Man Foundation that deals with donors and caters to the major donors, and I know a lot of them donated money when Sherman recruited Christine Michael. I cant imagine how much cash UT is going to net after signing Bryce.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Signing Brown is good for UT's program, but they better hope he has a better season than last year's #1 RB recruit Darrell Scott: 383 rushing yards, 1 TD

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
                  Between Kiffin and Brown, watching UT next year is going to be akin to watching an episode of Gossip Girls....

I'm sure David Oku is thrilled atm.
                  I can't tell whether or not this is sarcastic or not, but he is probably excited considering they are good friends and he said he started helping to recruit him to UT after he committed.
                  Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                    Signing Brown is good for UT's program, but they better hope he has a better season than last year's #1 RB recruit Darrell Scott: 383 rushing yards, 1 TD
                    Not his fault that he was beat out by another running back who appears to be better than him.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                      Not his fault that he was beat out by another running back who appears to be better than him.
                      How is it not his fault? It is his fault that he doesn't have the ability to beat out a fellow freshman who is only 5'7".

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                        How is it not his fault? It is his fault that he doesn't have the ability to beat out a fellow freshman who is only 5'7".
                        MJD is 5-7, JaQuizz Rodgers is 5-7 (destroyed the trojans) also. Just because he is small and not heavily recruited doesn't mean he's bad or sucks. Many guys that make it to the NFL were two star recruits and below.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
                          MJD is 5-7, JaQuizz Rodgers is 5-7 (destroyed the trojans) also. Just because he is small and not heavily recruited doesn't mean he's bad or sucks. Many guys that make it to the NFL were two star recruits and below.
                          I don't disagree that small guys can be good, I am just saying though that it is (at least partly) his fault that he does not have the ability to beat out a fellow freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by murdamal86
                            all i gotta say is 09-19-09
                            Is that your birthday or somethin'?
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                              Is that your birthday or somethin'?
                              we'll be seeing your mighty Vols in the Swamp

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                                I don't disagree that small guys can be good, I am just saying though that it is (at least partly) his fault that he does not have the ability to beat out a fellow freshman.
                                Is it his fault that he was (possibly) overrated by the media, and the guy who beat him out was underrated? He can't control how good that other guys is, and just because we assume he's going to be the man doesn't mean he really will be.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information