Spring Practice Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etk View Post
    Linebackers dont have chicken legs. Only Shawn Crable.

But I am a big Brown fan and I think he will do well this year. Not sure if his success will translate to on-field success for WVU though.
    if he plays well (takes care of the ball), we should be good

defense returns 8 starters from last year, plus 1 from '07 (reed williams took a medical r-shirt); but 10 starters have starting experience (s quinton andrews transfered, and we moved 6'6 soph fs robert sands to spur to be closer to the line; fs eain smith is the starter; him and sands split time last year)

just need 1 corner to step up

this was a defense that was ranked 35th, and top 10 in scoring

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
      he was listed at 6'4 220 last year

i think he may be around 230; guy on our rivals site said hes still about 220

looks like a linebacker
      That reminds me of Marcus Davis for us. Kid is an absolute specimen and I hope they move him back to receiver before this year is wasted for him.
      Drink apple juice, cause OJ will kill you.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishTrojan View Post
        A long time poster and fan on USC released his thoughts on spring so far.
        I'm sorry, but as a journalism student, it bothers the **** out of me when people copy and paste without giving a link for proper attribution. Could I see the link, please? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          I'm sorry, but as a journalism student, it bothers the **** out of me when people copy and paste without giving a link for proper attribution. Could I see the link, please? Thanks.
          that explains a lot of things.

Comment

A reminder that UGA spring game will be on ESPN tomorrow at 1.

Comment

Michigan spring game is also tomorrow. Expected to have around 20-30 recruits show up. Ricardo Miller, Marvin Robinson, Austin White, and Stephen Hopkins are already in Ann Arbor. We could get between 0-4 commits tomorrow.

Comment

Absolutely can't wait to watch that. The UGA game.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Just realized that Brown's face looks like Pacman in that pic.

Comment

Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                    Absolutely can't wait to watch that. The UGA game.
                    If anyone wants to keep a eye on someone that could from a unknown to a impact player it's HB Carlton Thomas. He's a little guy at about 5'7 165 and has been the star of camp. At first nobody thought he had a chance to be a everydown back in the SEC. But some injuries at HB forced him to get a lot of carries and he took advantage of them.

Comment

A-Day Game

ESPN will broadcast Alabama's Spring A-Day game on Sat., April 18th:

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-foo...030309aab.html

The big question will hopefully be answered -- who's going to be the starting QB?

South Carolina soph QB Chris Smelley transferred to Alabama this offseason but he's a baseball player. He has met with Saban in private, no word on whether he has opted to play fb. If so he did he would probably have to sit a yr. anyway.

I expect NT Terence Cody, WR Julio Jones, CB Kareem Jackson & ILB Rolando McClain to have some pre-season All American recognition, Cody was a consensus 1st team AA last yr.
                      Last edited by LizardState; 04-10-2009, 04:48 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

I'll def be keeping a look out for him georgiafan. Btw lizard, Cody has dropped 11 pounds since last year.

Comment

Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                          Btw lizard, Cody has dropped 11 pounds since last year.
                          That's actually good news, Cody has to keep his weight under control if NFL 3-4 defenses are going to draft him early as their NT. He's a lot like Kris Jenkins, both have ideal playing weights in the 340s but could balloon up to 400 easily. Your Hokies are no doubt spending a lot of pregame prep time on him in the film room for the next ChickFilYa game this September after what he did to Clemson in the last one, an NFL scout said he played perfect NT technique in that & the game vs. UGA.

Comment

OU's spring game is here in a couple hours, can't wait!

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Originally posted by nrk View Post
                              OU's spring game is here in a couple hours, can't wait!
                              You gotta give me some insights.

Comment

Just got back from the Michigan spring game.

- Tate Forcier looks really, really good. He was hitting guys between the numbers all day, making plays with his feet, and seemed to really understand the offense and had consistently good reads. I feel completely comfortable with him as a starter, even though he's a true freshman. On the down side, David Cone is AWFUL.

- Stonum has inconsistent hands and dropped some easy ones, but also made a few great plays.

- Carlos Brown broke about a 70 yard run. Minor and Grady also ran well. Our O line is vastly improved, and we really ran the ball well.

- Will Campbell is a monster of a physical specimen, but raw as sushi. Got pushed off the ball several times.

- Our defense looked pretty bad. Offense for both teams dominated. We need some drastic improvement on this front, hopefully Gerg can get guys more comfortable in the new system before the opener.
                                “Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling.”

- Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information