No announcement yet.

Possible College Gameday Shake-up

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible College Gameday Shake-up

sucks if true:

herbstreit---gone; but will remain head analyst of night games with musburger; if i remember last year, he would be at gameday, then have to fly to that nights game; a lot less traveling on his part

fowler---out; no reason give, or what he would do next

corso---out; same as fowler, no reason given or his next gig; i will miss the mascot head at the end of the show; my favorite part :(

dr lou holtz---in as corso's replacement; dont like him at all

tommy tubberville---in as herbstreits replacement; good move for both sides; liked the little i saw of him during recruiting season; less work than a head coach, and it lessens the work on herbstreits end

karl ravich---in as fowlers replacement; i would go with rece davis, but i like ravich on baseball tonight; but, i prefer fowler for football

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Epic fail.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
    2015 2K Classic Champions

2 hours of lou holtz rambling about notre dame, and how they will go 12-0=fail of epic proportions

i actually looked forward to this every saturday; now, i will sleep in if wvu has a afternoon/night game

cred 2 BoneKrusher

That sucks, Holtz is so damn annyoing. They may be in the Grove for a game next year, too.

Fowler is the man. I liked him a lot on Gameday. Replacing Corso with Holtz is a huge downgrade and would be a pretty big disappointment from a viewing standpoint.
          Drink apple juice, cause OJ will kill you.

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
            That sucks, Holtz is so damn annyoing. They may be in the Grove for a game next year, too.
            they will never go to wvu with holtz

someone would take him out

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
              Epic fail.
              That pretty much sums it up.

I really like the original gameday crew. Sure, Lee is kinda annoying and dumb, but he is mostly tolerable and he and Herby work well together.

I like Herby's insights and he usually balanced out Lee's craziness.

And Fowler is awesome. One of my favorite "moderators/leads" on sports day shows.

horrible news.

I'm surprised they didn't go with Rece Davis to replace Fowler. Seems like a perfect fit.

PS: I think they're the same person.

Why? Corso was the man, and Fowler deciphering the madness was where it was at.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

This is awful but I could see it coming. Herbie is more into the broadcasting now, Corso is getting older and may not be able to take the traveling anymore. Fowler shocks me because he seems to love it and writes great blogs on the gameday trips.

As for the replacements, I cna't see it being Ravech Baseball season is still going on when the Season starts. Lou Holtz will be just awful, but tuberville should be solid. What about Dez Howard?

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                        Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                        I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                        LOL props to Paul

I will stop watching gameday if this happens.

This blows. They worked well together. And Corso was a legit version of Dick Vitale. Plus their commercials were pretty funny.

And I've never wished death upon someone that didn't deserve it, but Lou Holtz is pushing it.......JK. Kind of.
                            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                            RIP themaninblack

Terrible, terrible stuff right here. The Fowler/Corso/Herbstreet trio was my favorite pregame crew on any show in any sport.
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Debug Information