No announcement yet.

Terrelle Pryor allegedly ran a 4.33

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop selling it, I'm not buying it. Haven't people learned by now not to trust these times. Especailly time for Ohio State, Penn State and VaTech. How many guys have we heard run 4.2's than come to the combine and run 4.4's. Pryor is definitely very fast especially for his size but he aint running no 4.33.

Comment

He's got the Matt Jones effect going for him. dude takes long strides so he looks slower than he really is.

Matt Jones was crazy like that..he looked like he was plodding along then he'd just blow by a cornerback or something.
      Last edited by TigerBait45; 08-13-2009, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
        He is a 4.5-4.6 guy. Also who cares, anyone think he can run that fast and throw the ball accurately? I don't, if he is running 4.3's let him play WR.
        I don't know about that, they can't be that inaccurate at timing, even on a pretty fast track. Even in high school his coach said he would run 4.3s and 4.4s with his shoelaces untied. I remember the Michigan State game last year specifically when his speed became obvious....he was taking long strides and guys were running at him from an angle just got burned. He's a special athlete, he could be a Mario Williams or Julius Peppers type body if he bulked up to 290 and played DE.
        Last edited by keylime_5; 08-13-2009, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Lets not forget that he is running on the OSU ultra fast track.
          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
          oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
            Lets not forget that he is running on the OSU ultra fast track.
            they put this rubber thing down

Last edited by keylime_5; 08-13-2009, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Not buying it either..

Comment

Originally posted by hockey619 View Post
                I ran a 2.77...backwards hopping on one leg.
                I think I might be faster, Though mine was only a 3.14, I did it with my arms and had 2 satchels on me, one was filled with skittles, the other with M&M's.

Comment

Originally posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
                  He is a 4.5-4.6 guy. Also who cares, anyone think he can run that fast and throw the ball accurately? I don't, if he is running 4.3's let him play WR.
                  Usually you aren't tucking and running a 4.3 and looking to throw the ball. Also, why would Tressel throw him in at WR, having a 4.3 at the QB position makes you a game changer, having qualities like that speed in a position where you shouldn't makes the difference in a football game.

Comment

College schools always blow up their players stats...it's ridiculous. I'll believe Pryor runs a 4.33 40 when I see it at the Combine. I stick to what I see on the field to base my own opinion on a college players 40. Remember according to Penn State Derrick Williams ran a 4.3 40 but all he could run at the combine was a pathetic 4.6 40....also Texas Tech had Michael Crabree at 6'3 1/2 but when he was measured at the combine he was just over 6'1. Plus all the high end DBs in '09 Draft(Jenkins, D.J. Moore, A. Smith, S. Smith, Delmas, W. Moore) were quoted by their skool as running 4.3s and 4.4s but almost all the CBs ran a 4.5 or slower(with the exception of Davis and Butler). An optimist could say "well they didn't run as good at the combine cuz their nervous" but I could say these guys are high grade athletes most have been doing it since they were kids(most have to give interviews and play in front of thousands in college) and if they can't get passed the butterflys at a combine then they sure as heck don't belong on a NFL field. On the flip side tho track guys have an advantage running the 40 cuz they know all the lil things which makes ur time faster...a good example being DHB this last year at the combine. I knew he was fast but I figured he was only a 4.4 40 guy but cuz of his past track experiance he was more comfortable running the 40 and knew all the lil things that gave him an advantage. I've never heard of Pryor having track experiance(there's nothing bout on the wiki either tho I could be wrong) and considering he's 6'6 235 pounds I very much doubt he could run a low 4.3 40(i'd say he'd run a high 4.4 40 if I had to guess).

Comment

whatever, the point really originally about Pryor's 40 when reported wasn't that it was a 4.33, it was that it was the fastest on the team and he is a 6'6"/235 QB...which includes some small track stars like Flash Thomas and Brandon Saine and Ray Small who won state titles in track and in Brandon's case set state 100M records.

Calvin Johnson ran a similar time at a similar size (and not on the slow LucasOil turf either), and he like Pryor glides without looking like Reggie Bush running that fast on the field. It's not that unbelievable, he probably is somewhere in that 4.3/4.4 range.
                      Last edited by keylime_5; 08-14-2009, 12:03 AM.

Comment

People don't just run 4.3's. They train for a long time running the 40 and still rarely run 4.3's. All these 4.3's by high school and college athletes at their schools are bs. There is a reason why nobody runs them at the combine, and usually nobody is even close.

I think people hear the term 4.3 thrown around a lot, but nobody really understands what that time truly is. I'm a track guy and I'm telling you there is noway Pryor all 6'6" 240 of him got low and exploded out of a stance and ran 40 yards in 4.33 seconds. The only way I believe this is if he got a moving start, which could be possible.

Comment

I love how everybody says "he was running on a fast track" Runners all know that some surfaces are easier to run on, but it's not like he was running on an airport moving sidewalk or something, dude is fast!

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

At this time last year, all I heard from OSU fans was how Brandon Saine was consistently cranking out 4.2s. Pardon my skepticism.

Comment

Terrelle Pryor is not faster than Ted Ginn, not even close. Ginn ran a 4.37 (I think). He's also not 0.22 seconds faster than Pat White.

Comment

Consensus opinion: Pryor is really fast, especially for being so big, but he's not 4.33 fast.
                                “Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling.”

- Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information