Terrelle Pryor allegedly ran a 4.33

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srv fan View Post
    Consensus opinion: Pryor is really fast, especially for being so big, but he's not 4.33 fast.
    I agree with this mostly.

I mean none of us were there to witness his 40, so none of us know if he ran a 4.33 or not, regardless he is fast as hell and will make plays this year.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
      whatever, the point really originally about Pryor's 40 when reported wasn't that it was a 4.33, it was that it was the fastest on the team and he is a 6'6"/235 QB...which includes some small track stars like Flash Thomas and Brandon Saine and Ray Small who won state titles in track and in Brandon's case set state 100M records.

Calvin Johnson ran a similar time at a similar size (and not on the slow LucasOil turf either), and he like Pryor glides without looking like Reggie Bush running that fast on the field. It's not that unbelievable, he probably is somewhere in that 4.3/4.4 range.
      Calvin Johnson is a much better runner than Pryor in pads, I would not say he glides either, he explodes.......

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Comment

Sorry but I find this funny, as if everyone doesn't know by now people inflate times on their own surface.

If Pryor runs at Indy when he comes out I'd be willing to get money he doesn't clock faster then a 4.5 flat. Same goes for Taylor Mays, everyone acts like he runs a 4.2 and they'll be in for a surprise when he runs.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
          Terrelle Pryor is not faster than Ted Ginn, not even close. Ginn ran a 4.37 (I think). He's also not 0.22 seconds faster than Pat White.
          It's almost as if a 40 time isn't really a good measure of actual speed at all.

Imagine that.

Comment

it took me a while but i finally figured out who tyrelle pryor reminds me off: Willie Beamen

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
            - Corner or Wideout in the first
            - No reaching
            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Pryor is rediculously fast. Like people have said, he's a strider, so he doesn't truly look as fast as he's going, and he's not incredibly agile in his ability to make cuts and change directions. Nevertheless, once he gets going, his top end speed is something to behold.

Secondly, this was electronically timed. Yes.. not hand timed, electronically timed, so regardless of how fast the track is or isn't it was not a fake time from the school "pumping up" a player's timed record.

Third, regardless of how fast his actual 40 time is or isn't, he scored faster than the fastest highschooler Ohio has ever had in the 100 meter dash.

For those who don't know, Brandon Saine who plays for OSU set the Ohio State 100meter dash record his senior year of highschool. I'm not positive, but I believe his 100 meter dash time was around 10.3, so regardless of what the "actual" 40 time is, we know that Pryor outran saine in this race, making him a rediculously fast 6'6 235 pound man.
              Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

QB's who can't throw are worthless. Speed for a QB is irrelevant.

Comment

Speed for QBs is irrelevantt? Do you watch football?

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                    Speed for QBs is irrelevantt? Do you watch football?
                    Let's look at some of the top QBs in the NFL.

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner etc...Yep, QB speed pretty much is irrellevant. Footwork and agility are much more important.

Comment

This arguement is ********.

First off, terelle pryor CAN pass. I'm not saying he's the next peyton manning (at least at this point) ... but the fact is, he was a freshman quarterback playing last year. Judging his passing ability by that is kind of stupid.

Second, the arguement that speed is irrelevant is good... if you're talking about the NFL. But this is college football, and having a fast quarterback is huge.
                      Browns & Buckeyes <3

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                        Let's look at some of the top QBs in the NFL.

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner etc...Yep, QB speed pretty much is irrellevant. Footwork and agility are much more important.
                        I thought this was the college board.

Comment

Originally posted by HindSight View Post
                          I thought this was the college board.
                          Yeah but if QB strait line speed meant anything in college football Jarad Zabransky would have been an all star.
                          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                          oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

If you think fast QBs aren't a huge asset in college then you're not paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by HindSight View Post
                              If you think fast QBs aren't a huge asset in college then you're not paying attention.
                              Does he run that fast in game? Does he pull away from LBers and CBs? If he runs a 4.33 then he should have no problem with that. 4.33 is damn near Chris Johnson fast. If its real then a positon change is in order.
                              Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                              oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

he'll turn in a 4.55+ at the combine.

this is a joke

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information