No announcement yet.

The Matt Barkley era at USC begins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a shame Rivers is locked in for another 7 years.

jk, but Barkley's arm is otherwordly, I've seen a few practices. All the pieces are in place, he's gonna be just fine.

This move is a result of a) he's gonna be gone in 3 years no matter what, so Pete might as well play him. b) Got burned by not doing the same to Sanchez. c) he's just a better player than Corp or Mustain.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
      What a shame Rivers is locked in for another 7 years.

jk, but Barkley's arm is otherwordly, I've seen a few practices. All the pieces are in place, he's gonna be just fine.

This move is a result of a) he's gonna be gone in 3 years no matter what, so Pete might as well play him. b) Got burned by not doing the same to Sanchez. c) he's just a better player than Corp or Mustain.
      I wouldn't be surprised if Barkley had USC's playbook since his Junior year. So actually, he should know it better than Mustain. :p

Comment

Heard on College Football Live that coaches have compared Berkely to Tom Brady and Jay Cutler. Wow, that is all I really have to say cause that is saying a lot. IDK how SC vs. OSU isn't the most watched game of the college season (not including bowl games) with two of the most talented young QB's in football. I'll definitely watch that game, and I hardly if ever watch college ball

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Barkley will be a #1 pick in the NFL draft. The only questions are 'when' and 'for whom'. He has it all. There are going to be some lumps this year, but he will adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
            Barkley will be a #1 pick in the NFL draft. The only questions are 'when' and 'for whom'. He has it all. There are going to be some lumps this year, but he will adjust.
            Alright lets not call it just yet. People will say Pryor will go #1 in the draft when he becomes eligible and I'm sure Claussen believers will say the same thing. Lots of things can happen within 3 years.

My question is Claussen went to Notre Dame being one of the most scouted and followed high school QB's ever. Berkeley comes up 2 years later with all the same accolades. How is it we went from one of the best H.S. QB recruits of this decade and found another one?

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
              Alright lets not call it just yet. People will say Pryor will go #1 in the draft when he becomes eligible and I'm sure Claussen believers will say the same thing. Lots of things can happen within 3 years.

My question is Claussen went to Notre Dame being one of the most scouted and followed high school QB's ever. Berkeley comes up 2 years later with all the same accolades. How is it we went from one of the best H.S. QB recruits of this decade and found another one?
              A lot of it depends on the hype that they get, as well as the coaching. I think that Barkley can be a #1 pick, but you're right, he's not there yet. We still have to see the games and hope nobody gets hurt. He's in a good position, going to USC.

Comment

cause barkley was the first junior to ever win the gatorade player of the year.

Comment

Because Weis ruined Claussen?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Heard on College Football Live that coaches have compared Berkely to Tom Brady and Jay Cutler. Wow, that is all I really have to say cause that is saying a lot. IDK how SC vs. OSU isn't the most watched game of the college season (not including bowl games) with two of the most talented young QB's in football. I'll definitely watch that game, and I hardly if ever watch college ball
                    I get scared when comparing freshmen with greats.. Last time I did it?

Now I think he's good, but I'm disappointed just for the misguided comparisons and expectations I put on him.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                      I get scared when comparing freshmen with greats.. Last time I did it?

Now I think he's good, but I'm disappointed just for the misguided comparisons and expectations I put on him.
                      What did you compare him to?

And thats impressive that he won the Gatorade player of the year award his junior year, but what held him back from winning it his senior year? I'm just going to sort of adopt the USC team this year. Living in NY means there ain't any regional collegiate team (they show Rutgers every now and then). Putting a true freshman under the helm of one of if not the most prestigious football colleges, and I want to see what happens.

Comment

Also the talent level between Clausen's HS League and Barkley's HS League is incomparable. Clausen played, for the most part, nobodies. While Barkley plays teams like Carson (Morell Pressely), OLu (Aaron Corp), Servite (Chris Gallippo and DJ Shoemate), Centennial (Vontaze Burfict), and Edison is always good.

Comment

What did you compare him to?

Comment

Heard on College Football Live that coaches have compared Berkely to Tom Brady and Jay Cutler.
                            Did they compare him to Superman, George Washington and Wonderdog too?

Wave goodbye to your national title chances USC.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              Did they compare him to Superman, George Washington and Wonderdog too?

Wave goodbye to your national title chances USC.
                              How much better would you expect their chances to be with Corp at QB??

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

With as much talent as they have on the offensive side of the ball, they could have Stevie Wonder playing QB.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information