Zero excuses for Charlie Weis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero excuses for Charlie Weis

Schedule is more than favorable, yearly tough matchup with teams like Michigan and BC dont seem so tough this year and the big matchup with SC is at home with a rookie QB starting for the trojans.

The defense is relatively new but the offense has a collection of the best receivers you'll see anywhere: Tate, Floyd, Kumara, Goodman along with TEs Rudolph and Ragone.

anything less than 10-2 this year equals failure to me.

I don't think any one is really going to debate you on this. He's been awful since showing up.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

They might surprise people and show up in a BCS game this season.

Comment

What happens to Weis if Notre Dame qualifies for a BCS game and gets waxed by 30+ points??

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
          What happens to Weis if Notre Dame qualifies for a BCS game and gets waxed by 30+ points??
          He'll keep his job if he can keep Jimmy Clausen around. He just pulled one of the best LB prospects they've had in a long time. I think getting into the BCS would be his extra boost to stay about water.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
            They might surprise people and show up in a BCS game this season.
            they showed up in a BCS game against LSU in '06 and you and i both know they didn't belong there.

Comment

With the amount of talent they have on the field they should be in a BCS. Weis has done a great job recruiting the highest rated recruits, now he needs to show that his staff has actually helped improve their talents and start getting some results. ND has talent comparable to any other school, time for some results or someone else is going to get to coach a lot of talented kids next year.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
                they showed up in a BCS game against LSU in '06 and you and i both know they didn't belong there.
                Yeah but if they make it this year, it won't be because of an easy schedule.

Comment

Yeah but if they make it this year, it won't be because of an easy schedule.
                  I agree that the schedule is favourable but its not that easy either. Its not like penn state for instance.
                  We have a marquee matchup (like almost everybody has just one or two) and we have a whole bunch of teams who maybe arent really good teams but are tough teams to win from.
                  Outside of Washington State, Washington and Purdue all teams on the schedule have the potential to be bowl bound. There are just two non-bcs conference teams on the schedule in nevada and navy, both of whom are decent teams, teams you should win from (as ND) but decent teams nevertheless.
                  Really I dont get why people are *****ing about NDs schedule whilst there are plenty teams with easier schedules

edit: Back on topic. 10-2 or better should be considered a succesfull season imo, 9-3 and a decent showing at the bowl game (win or coming close in a game where ND would be regarded as overmatched before the game) should still keep charlie his job. When they finish 8-4 Charlie will imo be gone and ND might actually refuse the bowl game if that happens (and jimmy will go pro, as will golden in that situation I think)
                  Last edited by wicket; 09-03-2009, 11:21 AM.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                  - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                  - Corner or Wideout in the first
                  - No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
                    have they been in a BCS game that they actually deserved to be in?
                    Last edited by HindSight; 09-03-2009, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HindSight View Post
                      have then been in a BCS game that they actually deserved to be in?
                      2005 in my opinion at least

- No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                        I agree that the schedule is favourable but its not that easy either.
                        I was saying that since the schedule isn't as easy as it was in 06, they'll most likely deserve to be in the BCS bowl if they make it.

Comment

I was saying that since the schedule isn't as easy as it was in 06, they'll most likely deserve to be in the BCS bowl if they make it.
                          i wasnt aiming my comment at you, you just talked about the schedule and i wanted to talk about it more, that was the reason i quoted you, sorry for the confusion

- No reaching
                          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

much more favorable location for this img
                            http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                              i wasnt aiming my comment at you, you just talked about the schedule and i wanted to talk about it more, that was the reason i quoted you, sorry for the confusion
                              No worries. haha

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information