Week 1 Players of the week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 1 Players of the week

I know there are still 3 games left in the week but if I wait til Tuesday I'll likely forget. Here post your 5 best performances of the week

5. Eric Decker WR Minnesota 9 catches 183 yards
    Granted it was against Syracuse but Decker just proved to me that he's not just a possession WR. I think it'd be interesting to see what kind of production this guy could have with a better quarterback.

4. Rahim Moore S UCLA 3 Interceptions
    Maybe slightly biased because I watched the game but anytime a player can pick off 3 passes it's one hell of a game.

3. Ralph Bolden RB Purdue 21 carries 234 yards 2 TDs
    11+ yards per carry. I don't care that it was against Toledo, that's still impressive for the Sophomore.

2. Tate Forcier QB Michigan 13-20 179 yards 3 TDs
    Probably the best debut in the nation for any player. Denard Robinson better start making some big plays because Forcier looks like he might take sole control of the quarterback job soon.

1a and 1b. Jimmy Clausen QB and Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
    Clausen- 15-18 315 yards 4 TDs
    Floyd- 4 catches 189 yards 3 TDs
    Looks like the extra work these guys put in together this summer is paying off. From what I saw, Clausen has able to make every throw and in my opinion has a shot at the Heisman if he keeps it up. Of course that will all depend on Floyd who might be the best Sophomore WR in the country not named Julio.

What about that Duke WR?

Comment

Dishonorable mention of the week goes to Oklahoma RT Cory Brandon who had 3 false starts and 2 holding penalties in the BYU game.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
        What about that Duke WR?
        The fact that they lost to a FCS team overshadows whatever he did

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
          I know there are still 3 games left in the week but if I wait til Tuesday I'll likely forget. Here post your 5 best performances of the week

5. Eric Decker WR Minnesota 9 catches 183 yards
          Granted it was against Syracuse but Decker just proved to me that he's not just a possession WR. I think it'd be interesting to see what kind of production this guy could have with a better quarterback.

4. Rahim Moore S UCLA 3 Interceptions
          Maybe slightly biased because I watched the game but anytime a player can pick off 3 passes it's one hell of a game.

3. Ralph Bolden RB Purdue 21 carries 234 yards 2 TDs
          11+ yards per carry. I don't care that it was against Toledo, that's still impressive for the Sophomore.

2. Tate Forcier QB Michigan 13-20 179 yards 3 TDs
          Probably the best debut in the nation for any player. Denard Robinson better start making some big plays because Forcier looks like he might take sole control of the quarterback job soon.

1a and 1b. Jimmy Clausen QB and Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
          Clausen- 15-18 315 yards 4 TDs
          Floyd- 4 catches 189 yards 3 TDs
          Looks like the extra work these guys put in together this summer is paying off. From what I saw, Clausen has able to make every throw and in my opinion has a shot at the Heisman if he keeps it up. Of course that will all depend on Floyd who might be the best Sophomore WR in the country not named Julio.
          A.J. Green would like a word with you ;).

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
          2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
          2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
            The fact that they lost to a FCS team overshadows whatever he did
            Oh ****.. I just seen what he did and I didn't bother to look at the score because I thought if your WR is getting 350+ yards receiving.. you had to have won. lol

Comment

Mark Ingram > Ralph Bolden. 150 yards 2 TDs against #7 VT, not Toledo, he is a Sophomore also...

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Chris Rainey - 1 carry, 76 yards, 1 TD, 76 YPC

So awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                  Oh ****.. I just seen what he did and I didn't bother to look at the score because I thought if your WR is getting 350+ yards receiving.. you had to have won. lol
                  The whole team had 350 yards receiving, not one guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                    Mark Ingram > Ralph Bolden. 150 yards 2 TDs against #7 VT, not Toledo, he is a Sophomore also...
                    Mark Ingram was beastin it, he also had 35 yards receiving and a TD.

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                      Mark Ingram was beastin it, he also had 35 yards receiving and a TD.
                      Well he in my pot I said he had 2 TDs, I meant 1 was rushing and 1 was receiving :p. Either way he is a beast.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Ingram, D. Bryant/Z. Robinson and Crompton all deserve honourable mentions.

Comment

Best performances would probably be:

Claussen-has a trio of pro type receivers (Tate,Floyd, Rudolph) but he had to get them the ball and he did. Will be tested i think at Michigan

Patrick Peterson, LSU DB. would kill to have a couple of guys like this in Seattle. Take your pick their secondary is for real.

Blaine Gabbert, QB Missouri. What a start for the sophomore. Reminds me of a Sam Bradford and have to say better at a similar stage. Looks like a definite 1st rounder.

On the flip side in the games i watched i was a little dissapointed in some big name players:

Rolando McClain, Alabama
                          Trent Williams, Oklahoma
                          Terence Cody,Alabama (did he even play)

Comment

McKnight and BYU.

Comment

How about the Air Force offense. They won 72-0 and 6 different guys scored TD's, with 2 guys scoring multiple TD's.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information