X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
    Tebow has multiple Heismans?

News to me...
    never said he had multiple heismans, thats how you interpreted it. but since you want to be a grammar nazi and all...

Comment

Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
      never said he had multiple heismans, thats how you interpreted it. but since you want to be a grammar nazi and all...
      grammar nazi? you made it plural, that's not being a grammar nazi, that's you making a notable typo or knowledge mistake. it's not like he's nitpicking apostrophes.

*cough sniper cough* :)
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

You said Heismans, meaning more than 1.

That's how every person who understands the English language "interprets" plural words.

Hell, I would have even accepted a reply on how you are predicting he would get one this year, like Babylon said. It's not my fault you don't understand simple English that we are taught in like 1st grade.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
          grammar nazi? you made it plural, that's not being a grammar nazi, that's you making a notable typo or knowledge mistake. it's not like he's nitpicking apostrophes.

i meant heismans in general, not multiple. if i wanted to make it plural i would have put an " ' " in it.

but whatever.

Comment

i meant heismans in general, not multiple. if i wanted to make it plural i would have put an " ' " in it.

but whatever.
            please go learn english. to make Heisman plural, you just add an "s". no apostrophe. ugggggh

but to stray back on track, I'll agree with the pack and Love Locker as a pro. Jesus Jr. confuses the hell outta me as a prospect
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

but whatever.
              No, an apostrophe signifies possession.

Heisman's would mean the Heisman trophy or Heisman was in possession of something. Heismans' would mean that multiple Heismans are in possession of something.

Are we really having this discussion? Please tell me you aren't in college yet...

You should have said, "The numbers don't lie. Neither does the (or his) Heisman or National Championships."

Comment

Sniper is somewhere lurking.

Comment

Tim Tebow being called 'GOAT' of college football is all about ESPN's love of calling someone currently in every sport the GOAT. There's no way to measure who the greatest college player ever is. How good would Tebow be at a small school? How good would someone like Steve McNair have been in college with Florida talent around him? There's no way of measuring. ESPN just wants to get people debating if a player is the GOAT for every sport in which they can make an argument for.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                    Tim Tebow being called 'GOAT' of college football is all about ESPN's love of calling someone currently in every sport the GOAT. There's no way to measure who the greatest college player ever is. How good would Tebow be at a small school? How good would someone like Steve McNair have been in college with Florida talent around him? There's no way of measuring. ESPN just wants to get people debating if a player is the GOAT for every sport in which they can make an argument for.

This is very true, ESPN has a vested interest in having the GOAT player active because it will increase viewership on its product. Its advertising really, no one wants to hear that there are lots of mediocre players on the field at todays game. who would want to watch what is being advertised as an average game? They try to build up story lines and players to increase viewing.
                    Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                    Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

Spend a minute with Tebow and you'll become a better person.

Spend a minute with Locker and you'll fall in love.
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                        Spend a minute with Tebow and you'll become a better person.

Spend a minute with Locker and you'll fall in love.
                        I can be a better person... or I can be ***.

I'll go ahead and be a better man.

Comment

please go learn english. to make Heisman plural, you just add an "s". no apostrophe. ugggggh
                          I'm so proud of you, scotty. I'm especially proud since you have a bad history with apostrophes.

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          Sniper is somewhere lurking.
                          Always. The only problem is that policing grammar is a ridiculously annoying task, seeing as how some people seem hell-bent on not learning from their mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                            Locker should come out for the 2010 draft so the Jaguars could have a shot at him. ;)
                            Fixed. goddamn 10 chars

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                              Fixed. goddamn 10 chars
                              Management seems to be already set on taking Tebow. *adjust your mocks accordingly*

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                                Management seems to be already set on taking Tebow. *adjust your mocks accordingly*
                                That quote was blown way out of proportion. Wayne isn't the one who drafts the players, and he doesn't meddle with player affairs like Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder does.

Gene Smith evaluates 'em and drafts 'em as he sees fit, and our 2009 draft looks pretty good so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information