No announcement yet.

College Gameday Thread: Week 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeez, pretty much every analyst has picked South Carolina. I wasn't hearing too much of this overrated talk when we were ranked #6, but now we're ranked fourth and everyone is calling us overrated. Snead needs to have a big game and lead us to a win in the national spotlight tonight.

Comment

I think Iowa pulls the upset over Penn State.

Sooner or later, playing OOC cupcakes is going to catch up with Penn State. How do you get ready for the B10 season by beating up Temple?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Alabama-Arkansas will be a FUN game to watch for the first three quarters, before the Hogs are worn out and we hang 17 on them late.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
          Jeez, pretty much every analyst has picked South Carolina. I wasn't hearing too much of this overrated talk when we were ranked #6, but now we're ranked fourth and everyone is calling us overrated. Snead needs to have a big game and lead us to a win in the national spotlight tonight.
          Mississippi shouldn't even be ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            Mississippi shouldn't even be ranked.
            Are you serious? If you are, please explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
              Are you serious? If you are, please explain.
              Yes.

You've beaten Memphis and Southeastern Louisiana.

The fact that Mississippi is considered the 4th best team in college football is an embarassment. You've proven absolutely nothing, you've played absolutley nobody, you deserve absolutely nothing.

This also goes for Penn State and Kansas. None of them deserve to be in the top 25.

Comment

If Penn State can establish a running game, I think they'll win. But knowing how the offense has played recently, I could see us throwing it a bunch. Hopefully Lee and Bowman play this week.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  Yes.

You've beaten Memphis and Southeastern Louisiana.

The fact that Mississippi is considered the 4th best team in college football is an embarassment. You've proven absolutely nothing, you've played absolutley nobody, you deserve absolutely nothing.

This also goes for Penn State and Kansas. None of them deserve to be in the top 25.
                  I don't think we should be ranked in the top 5 right now. The fact of the matter is teams that were ranked ahead of us have lost games. That is the way the ranking system works. We had some huge preseason hype coming into the year because we finished last season so strong, and we are 2-0 right now. Have we had a real test yet? No, but we do tonight.

Like you said, there are other teams who are ranked higher then they should be like Penn State and Kansas. What about Texas? Going by your logic they should be one of those "undeserving" teams and they are #2 in the nation. I'm not saying Texas isn't a good team; but they beat ULM, struggled early with Wyoming, and then beat a much different Texas Tech team by 10.

Saying we shouldn't be in the top 5 is one thing, but I'm pretty sure we are a top 25 team no matter how you slice it.
                  Last edited by Don Vito; 09-24-2009, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Texas Tech is a hell of a lot better than Memphis. Texas Tech is arguably better than South Carolina, who also hasn't beaten anyone and has already lost to a Georgia team that isn't very good.

Mississippi doesn't have a real test until Alabama in two weeks. If they can't even beat South Carolina, forget about it.

Comment

I would say South Carolina is definitely better than Texas Tech. This is a pretty scary game for us, SCAR has a ridiculous thursday night record in Columbia and it should be quite a game. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                        Washington may be spent emotionally after the USC game. They may have no emotion left for Stanford. Gambling sites know how difficult it is for a team to stay high after beating a top team and you'd be surprised how often said team fails to cover.
                        I can understand you're logic but they wont be spent emotionally. Sarkisian gives them 24 hours to celebrate and then it's on to the next game. Winning twice in 17 games isnt going to get them complacent. If they lose it will be because of Stanford.

Comment

I'll be watching Texas Tech/Houston as it should be a great high scoring game.

Comment

Originally posted by bwillie26 View Post
                            I'm not so sure.

Got a buddy who is a reserve interior lineman for VA Tech (yes, I'm from Virginia) who has told me alot of the VA Tech players are pretty busted up after last weeks game. Said it was probably the most physical game they had played in a long, long time.

I know he mentioned Cody Grimm in particular as someone who was really feeling the after effects from the game.

Take that, FWIW.

Its going to rain in Blacksburg on Saturday. Team that runs the ball and has better special team will win.
                            Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

Matt Barkley is scheduled to start saturday. How's that for good luck, beat OSU then sit out a loss at UW. Most likely it will be blowout city against the Wash. state cougars so Barkley is going to be the beneficiary of good timing for sure.

Looking forward to watching Snead tonight. I think people have been sleeping on him a bit, not sure he has the weapons but expect he'll show well tonight.

Comment

Almost game time.

The sexy red on red unis....niiiice.
                                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-24-2009, 06:33 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information