Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tennessee under NCAA investigation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    First, that writer should've definitely said "verbal" instead of "oral."

    Second, hostesses are what they are. They're hot girls who show the players around campus. Obviously, they're the main reasons why Willis and Miller committed. I mean, you definitely base one of the biggest decisions of your life on how hot and flirty your tour guide is.

    Thirdly, I guess this is about a single hostess going to a Byrnes game and waving signs, despite two of the three players already being committed to Tennessee. Maybe she was working the future talent with her sign waving? According to Willis's dad, the girls being there wasn't arranged by the Tennessee coaches or staff.

    And lasty...

    Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
    They won't. They'll get hit with another secondary violation, but secondary violations might as well not be violations at all.

    How long until the SEC issues a new bylaw which changes the rules so that X secondary violations within a certain period of time count as one probatable major violation? A point system if you will.

    They'll call it Kiffin's Law, or perhaps the Fulmer Amendment.
    Alabama fans are not allowed to criticize or make fun of another school breaking rules. It's just tooooo funny. Are ya'll still one slip up from the death penalty, or has that whole athletes selling textbooks and pocketing the money shindig blown over yet?
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

    [@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
      Where did the article say that's all they did? I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be saying they're nice and cool because he saw them in the stands with a sign. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have said his teammates were heavily swayed because they saw her in the stands with a sign. This isn't exactly rocket science...

      Biased reading ftl.
      Seriously, the only thing that's been mentioned about possible violations is that the girls were paid to go to a high school game and hold up a sign. While I don't think that's a good thing, I hardly think that's worth "bringing the house down" on Tennessee.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

      Comment


      • #18
        I love how Tennessee fans want to paint it as nothing more than a girl showing up to the game with a sign. Yeah, I'm sure that's all it was...


        Sig by Matthew Jones

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
          I love how Tennessee fans want to paint it as nothing more than a girl showing up to the game with a sign. Yeah, I'm sure that's all it was...
          Then tell us what it is Cigaro. I'd love to know what conclusions you've come to with absolutely zero proof of anything.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
            First, that writer should've definitely said "verbal" instead of "oral."

            Second, hostesses are what they are. They're hot girls who show the players around campus. Obviously, they're the main reasons why Willis and Miller committed. I mean, you definitely base one of the biggest decisions of your life on how hot and flirty your tour guide is.
            See Colorado. Don't act as if it doesn't happen and/or work.

            Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
            Thirdly, I guess this is about a single hostess going to a Byrnes game and waving signs, despite two of the three players already being committed to Tennessee. Maybe she was working the future talent with her sign waving? According to Willis's dad, the girls being there wasn't arranged by the Tennessee coaches or staff.
            Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
            Seriously, the only thing that's been mentioned about possible violations is that the girls were paid to go to a high school game and hold up a sign. While I don't think that's a good thing, I hardly think that's worth "bringing the house down" on Tennessee.
            The signs have nothing to do with the violations. No one's investigating sign waving. I'm sure every school has fans like that. They're being investigated because of rumors that it was more than sign waving.


            Sig by Matthew Jones

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
              I love how Tennessee fans want to paint it as nothing more than a girl showing up to the game with a sign. Yeah, I'm sure that's all it was...
              We wouldn't have to if other fans didn't look at minor violations and demand that the university be crushed. We have to counteract it. ;)
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

              [@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                Then tell us what it is Cigaro. I'd love to know what conclusions you've come to with absolutely zero proof of anything.
                The only 'conclusions' I've come to is that it wasn't simply sign waving, and that's based on common sense. I'm not saying they are or aren't something like prostitutes, nor that it was sanctioned by the coaching staff, but based on the comments of the players, I'm sure it's something more than some random girl showing up with a sign. Pretty certain they got to know each other.


                Sig by Matthew Jones

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                  We wouldn't have to if other fans didn't look at minor violations and demand that the university be crushed. We have to counteract it. ;)
                  lol, use of hostesses to sway recruits is a lot more than a minor violation, and that's exactly what you're under investigation for.


                  Sig by Matthew Jones

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
                    The only 'conclusions' I've come to is that it wasn't simply sign waving, and that's based on common sense. I'm not saying they are or aren't something like prostitutes, nor that it was sanctioned by the coaching staff, but based on the comments of the players, I'm sure it's something more than some random girl showing up with a sign. Pretty certain they got to know each other.
                    Cool. So as long as we agree that you're drawing conclusions on an issue before there are any facts. But I guess it's silly for Tennessee fans to defend their team against such conclusions.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                      Cool. So as long as we agree that you're drawing conclusions on an issue before there are any facts. But I guess it's silly for Tennessee fans to defend their team against such conclusions.
                      Yes, we can agree that I've come to a conclusion that it's highly unlikely it was just a random girl with a sign, because a player in question has been quoted as having stated that his friends knew her well enough for her to have a big impact on their decision, and that he personally found her to be nice and cool.

                      I'm so irrational, forgive me.


                      Sig by Matthew Jones

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                        athletes selling textbooks and pocketing the money
                        Please find me any proof that Alabama was ever charged with this specifically.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
                          Yes, we can agree that I've come to a conclusion that it's highly unlikely it was just a random girl with a sign, because a player in question has been quoted as having stated that his friends knew her well enough for her to have a big impact on their decision, and that he personally found her to be nice and cool.

                          I'm so irrational, forgive me.
                          Yes, let's take Marcus Lattimore's word for it over Corey Miller and Brandon Willis'. Not to mention at least one of the two recruits parents.
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                            Yes, let's take Marcus Lattimore's word for it over Corey Miller and Brandon Willis'. Not to mention at least one of the two recruits parents.
                            What did Corey Miller, Brandon Willis, or the parents say that contradict my conclusion? Please enlighten me. And to add, what did Corey Miller and Brandon Willis say at all? Are you pulling your info from an unstated article, as only the parent and Lattimore are quoted in the ESPN article?
                            Last edited by Cigaro; 12-09-2009, 08:13 PM.


                            Sig by Matthew Jones

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
                              lol, use of hostesses to sway recruits is a lot more than a minor violation, and that's exactly what you're under investigation for.
                              Lattimore didn't say anything. He said the girls were pretty, nice, and cool, and that they had "a lot" (Dunno what context that was in or if that's the full quote, part of the quote, or just a short answer) to do with Miller and Willis committing. It's the "a lot" comment that allows the reader to think it's something bigger than just sign waving, and the writer does a good job of leading the reader to that impression.

                              If they are bumpin' uglies, I find it hard to believe that Lattimore would rat out his friends/team mates like that. *shrug*

                              Besides...there ain't nothing wrong (nothin' wroooong) with a little bump 'n grind (with a lil bump 'n griiiiiiiind).
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                              [@TDWinstead]
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                                Lattimore didn't say anything. He said the girls were pretty, nice, and cool, and that they had "a lot" (Dunno what context that was in or if that's the full quote, part of the quote, or just a short answer) to do with Miller and Willis committing. It's the "a lot" comment that allows the reader to think it's something bigger than just sign waving, and the writer does a good job of leading the reader to that impression.

                                If they are bumpin' uglies, I find it hard to believe that Lattimore would rat out his friends/team mates like that. *shrug*

                                Besides...there ain't nothing wrong (nothin' wroooong) with a little bump 'n grind (with a lil bump 'n griiiiiiiind).
                                How so? I'm pretty sure Lattimore did that all by himself.

                                Now it's the biased media...


                                Sig by Matthew Jones

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information