Tennessee under NCAA investigation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cigaro View Post

You left out the part where allegedly the two commitments you're referring to are as such because of a large contribution(simply talking recruiting, not accusing of anything more ATM) of the hostesses.

Regardless of whether you are or aren't on the map, any potential violation should be investigated, which is exactly what is happening.

The hostesses have helped with the recruitment of numerous high school players. Those were not the first two. So why is it being investigated? Lacey Pearl Earps involvement with the recruitment of Bryce Brown was highly publicized and far more sketchier (sp ?) but I think the investigation of his recruitment revolved more around his fat adviser's involvement.

Oh and I don't remember the hostesses being in the news much before Kiffin got here or the media blasting her for recruiting violations like they do now. And Fulmer did have plenty of secondary violations, but its a secondary violation which really means absolutely nothing. Yeah Kiffin likes to run his mouth, but the media also likes to take a **** on UT for any reason it can think of.

I guess my point is that we must be doing something right because 1.5 years ago, no one would give a damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigaro View Post
      And that has absolutely nothing to do with Lattimore's comments, which you say it refuted. So again, what did his parent say that refuted Lattimore's comments?

To add, it has nothing to do with my conclusion either.
      My bad. I wasn't thinking straight. While Willis' dads comments don't refute that the hostesses are "cool" and "nice" it does refute the general idea that there is any wrong doing going on.

So are you saying because I'm not a five star recruit, I have absolutely no idea what a five star recruit may finding influencing? Seriously? You're reaching bro.
      Well, we don't know what recruiting factors will have the greatest influence on some recruits. Hell, some recruits just choose schools because of uniforms. All I'm saying is I think it's a little careless to guess that if a recruiting tool doesn't seem appealing to you, it must not be appealing to that player.

Riiiiiiigggggghhhhhttttt. I could see the nice thing maybe, but when he said, " and just real cool", I'm pretty sure 99% of people wouldn't say that about a person they don't know.
      So you've never said or thought that you think someone seems cool or nice based on what you've heard about them from other people?

Yep, it was definitely the homemade signs that separated them from other schools.
      It was an original thought that showed people in the program supported them and really would appreciate them coming to their school. While not a deciding factor, it's not a negative.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
        Lacey Pearl should be a paid member of the Tennessee staff. I know for a fact that she was a big part of Bryce Brown's recruitment and would not be surprised if she was involved with the Byrnes guys
        She is indeed the one that this report is surrounding.

She went black and never went back.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
          First, that writer should've definitely said "verbal" instead of "oral."
          LOL. That's so true, for some reason I wasn't able to shake the irony from that. :D

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was intentional

As was the picture of Mr. Hancock

Comment

She is indeed the one that this report is surrounding.

She went black and never went back.

Negative. The reports surrounds a girl named Lindsey (I won't mention her last name for her sake), but she is from nearby Pickens, SC which is just a 45 minute drive from Brynes High School. She was home for the weekend, and did not drive 200 miles just to see Lattimore play.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                I would orally commit if the hostesses showed up at my game too ;)
                I think the Tennessee hostesses used some oral techniques to commit those recruits too, in those pvt. moments after hrs. perhaps .......

And TitanHope, this is the Volunteers chickens come home to roost. As a Bama fan who suffered under the 5-ton finger pointed at Bama by Jugbutt Fulmer for the Memphis D-linemen auction, all I can say is what goes around just came around. The Tide of all schools in the SEC has earned the right to point the finger at the Vols, paid in full. Tennessee got away with murder in that Memphis recruiting scandal that scarred Bama (probation, its 2nd), Kentucky (Mumme fired as HC), & Memphis U (player left school, exonerated). And the Vols -- scot free. Hmmmmm, in what state is Memphis?

Not this time. The NCAA is a bunch of scalphunters & Tennessee have been sniffed around for a long while now, about 30 yrs in fact, as long as they've had grad students write papers & take test for FB players. The NCAA often prosecutes programs for obviously guilty lesser offenses, copping a plea ....

Ever see The Program (James Caan, Omar Epps) ? Halle Berry played one of those hostesses, not talking about the cream-filled cupcakes here.... hey she was great as always, she was hot, just pointing out here she's half-white, like Mariah Carey & Vanessa Williams, big kudos for the hybrids!!

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                  I think the Tennessee hostesses used some oral techniques to commit those recruits too, in those pvt. moments after hrs. perhaps .......

And TitanHope, this is the Volunteers chickens come home to roost. As a Bama fan who suffered under the 5-ton finger pointed at Bama by Jugbutt Fulmer for the Memphis D-linemen auction, all I can say is what goes around just came around. The Tide of all schools in the SEC has earned the right to point the finger at the Vols, paid in full. Tennessee got away with murder in that Memphis recruiting scandal that scarred Bama (probation, its 2nd), Kentucky (Mumme fired as HC), & Memphis U (player left school, exonerated). And the Vols -- scot free. Hmmmmm, in what state is Memphis?

Not this time. The NCAA is a bunch of scalphunters & Tennessee have been sniffed around for a long while now, about 30 yrs in fact, as long as they've had grad students write papers & take test for FB players. The NCAA often prosecutes programs for obviously guilty lesser offenses, copping a plea ....

Ever see The Program (James Caan, Omar Epps) ? Halle Berry played one of those hostesses, not talking about the cream-filled cupcakes here.... hey she was great as always, she was hot, just pointing out here she's half-white, like Mariah Carey & Vanessa Williams, big kudos for the hybrids!!
                  Technically Tennessee. In reality, it's more like an extension of Mississippi or Arkansas. If I was governor of Tennessee, I wouldn't lose any sleep if Memphis got annexed. :D
                  Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                    My bad. I wasn't thinking straight. While Willis' dads comments don't refute that the hostesses are "cool" and "nice" it does refute the general idea that there is any wrong doing going on.
                    If he's aware of everything that was going on, which isn't a given, and isn't protecting his kid, which isn't a given, yes it means that the staff didn't sanction it, although it doesn't preclude the staff being aware of, but not involved with, the hostesses interaction. However I'll assume neither way, as the investigation should reveal the truth.

Well, we don't know what recruiting factors will have the greatest influence on some recruits. Hell, some recruits just choose schools because of uniforms. All I'm saying is I think it's a little careless to guess that if a recruiting tool doesn't seem appealing to you, it must not be appealing to that player.
                    Is it really careless to say a sign did not sway a commit? Or at least not careless to say it didn't sway TWO commitments?

So you've never said or thought that you think someone seems cool or nice based on what you've heard about them from other people?
                    Maybe if I had been around them or knew enough about them, then yes. But according to you, all this hostess did was show up at a game and wave a sign around, and no, I've never called anyone cool in a parallel or similar situation. Maybe nice for the care, but not cool.

However, maybe he did say that about someone completely random. Doesn't erase his "a lot" comment about his teammates.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

Technically Tennessee. In reality, it's more like an extension of Mississippi or Arkansas. If I was governor of Tennessee, I wouldn't lose any sleep if Memphis got annexed. :D
                      It's not like we run Memphis either. I think we've struggled their recently. Marlon Brown comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                        Negative. The reports surrounds a girl named Lindsey (I won't mention her last name for her sake), but she is from nearby Pickens, SC which is just a 45 minute drive from Brynes High School. She was home for the weekend, and did not drive 200 miles just to see Lattimore play.
                        My mistake! Sorry Lacey! :D
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

We wouldn't have to if other fans didn't look at minor violations and demand that the university be crushed. We have to counteract it. ;)
                          I'm a fan of integrity, and Lane Kiffin is a little *****, so yeah, I hope they get crushed.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            I'm a fan of integrity, and Lane Kiffin is a little *****, so yeah, I hope they get crushed.
                            I wouldn't count on it. This will be over with soon. Steve Spurrier with an axe to grind because he has met his match and Kiffin is invading his territory. Suposedly the whole thing got tipped off because one of the girls invited Lattimore to their hotel room and he called his coached and asked if it was a violation.

The whole New York Times article is a joke, there is no basis for anything. College students go home for the weekend and go to a football game to cheer on people they have met on a past visit, GASP!!! College girls go to visit future college football superstars with NFL potential, who are also about 6'4" and ripped, GASP!! what frivilous college girls would ever want to do that!!!! Orgeron and Kiffin were not born yesterday, they know what they are doing and they would not do anything to put this program on probation. Just the idiot media with an axe to grind because Kiffin stirs up the SEC heirarchy.

The only thing that can hurt Tennessee is if the NCAA proves the girls were ordered there by the coaching staff. That seems far fetched as all of the other details are suspect at best. This is just a lame attempt by the media to capitalize on a figure (Lane Kiffin, Tennessee) that generates ratings. DUH!
                            Last edited by Fred Savage; 12-09-2009, 09:52 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this happens at a lot of places, and the coaches don't necessarily know about it. I know Terrelle Pryor got a little action on his U-M visit, but I guarantee the Michigan coaching staff didn't set it up. I'm sure these chicks slept with the recruits, but I doubt Lane Kiffin told them to. With that said, is this surprising to anyone but Tennessee fans?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Savage View Post
                                I wouldn't count on it. This will be over with soon. Steve Spurrier with an axe to grind because he has met his match and Kiffin is invading his territory. Suposedly the whole thing got tipped off because one of the girls invited Lattimore to their hotel room and he called his coached and asked if it was a violation.

The whole New York Times article is a joke, there is no basis for anything. College students go home for the weekend and go to a football game to cheer on people they have met on a past visit, GASP!!! College girls go to visit future college football superstars with NFL potential, who are also about 6'4" and ripped, GASP!! what frivilous college girls would ever want to do that!!!! Orgeron and Kiffin were not born yesterday, they know what they are doing and they would not do anything to put this program on probation. Just the idiot media with an axe to grind because Kiffin stirs up the SEC heirarchy.

The only thing that can hurt Tennessee is if the NCAA proves the girls were ordered there by the coaching staff. That seems far fetched as all of the other details are suspect at best. This is just a lame attempt by the media to capitalize on a figure (Lane Kiffin, Tennessee) that generates ratings. DUH!
                                What the hell does Spurrier have to do with anything?

Sig by Matthew Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information