The 2010 Big 10 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5466289

Wisconsin outside linebacker Mike Taylor will undergo a second surgery on his right knee and will miss at least the season-opener against UNLV.

Comment

• Word is that Ohio State OT Marcus Hall is ineligible to play football for the fall quarter b/c of a failed English class during the summer (and by fail, I mean he plagiarized something and they failed him for it supposedly). Looks like he'll have to redshirt this year, which is bad considering we needed him as depth this year and to get playing time so he can start next season and not be rusty.
      Last edited by keylime_5; 08-17-2010, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• http://blog.pennlive.com/bobflounder...tml#incart_mce

Penn State will be without talented sophomore wideout Curtis Drake for several weeks after Drake, a contender for a starting position, suffered a leg injury in practice Monday, according to a family source.

Comment

• http://www.dailycamera.com/top-sports/ci_15778580

Looks like Ohio State may fill out their 2011 OOC schedule with a game against Colorado.

Comment

• Michigan CB Troy Woolfolk is probably out for the season. Are you excited for your team's QB to throw for 600 yards against freshmen and walk-ons?

Comment

• http://noise.typepad.com/hey_joe/201...her-items.html

* A caller on Tim Staudt's radio show this morning asked about Cameron Jude, and it is confirmed by associate AD John Lewandowski -- he is no longer on the roster and is expected to transfer. No big surprise considering his place on the depth chart.
              That's Michigan State DT Cameron Jude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                Michigan CB Troy Woolfolk is probably out for the season. Are you excited for your team's QB to throw for 600 yards against freshmen and walk-ons?
                2-10, here we come!

Comment

• At least it gives CC playing time. Is he going to play corner or S for you guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                    2-10, here we come!
                    My expectation is down to 6-6 from 8-4. Realistically, if a team was really counting on one CB (the only one with starting experience, but still) to go like 8-4, and they end up 2-10 or 4-8 or something, they weren't winning 8 games with him anyway. I'm sorry, no CB, no matter how weak the rest of the secondary, is worth 5-7 wins.

Originally posted by Jakey
                    WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                      My expectation is down to 6-6 from 8-4. Realistically, if a team was really counting on one CB (the only one with starting experience, but still) to go like 8-4, and they end up 2-10 or 4-8 or something, they weren't winning 8 games with him anyway. I'm sorry, no CB, no matter how weak the rest of the secondary, is worth 5-7 wins.
                      It could very well cost Rodriguez his job though

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                        At least it gives CC playing time. Is he going to play corner or S for you guys?
                        Corner. He was going to get playing time as the nickel corner, but now, he's going to start. The reports out of camp on him have been good, but I would have obviously rather had him play the nickel instead of the No. 2 spot.

Michigan's CB depth chart

1. J.T Floyd (R. So)
                        2. Cullen Christian (True Fr.)
                        3. Courtney Avery (True Fr. who was a HS QB)
                        3a. James Rogers (R. Sr. who has more position switches than career passes broken up)

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkk me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                          Yeah, but it's a blow to a secondary and defense that honestly isn't that good to begin with. I don't think they have the offense to keep up with teams if they start to score points on them. I haven't looked at their schedule in a while, so it might be tough for them to get a winning season. I like Denard Robinson, but I don't think he's a good fit as a starting QB. Tater Tot should be the starter IMHO. Hell, I think I'd take Gardner over Robinson. Robinson should have his select few of plays and that's it. Or even make him a WR/ATH to get the ball in his hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                            Corner. He was going to get playing time as the nickel corner, but now, he's going to start. The reports out of camp on him have been good, but I would have obviously rather had him play the nickel instead of the No. 2 spot.

Michigan's CB depth chart

1. J.T Floyd (R. So)
                            2. Cullen Christian (True Fr.)
                            3. Courtney Avery (True Fr. who was a HS QB)
                            3a. James Rogers (R. Sr. who has more position switches than career passes broken up)

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkk me.

I liked CC a lot coming out of Penn Hills. I wished PSU would have went after him harder. I do think he'll have to move to FS down the line because I don't think he has the speed to play CB.

Comment

• Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                              Yeah, but it's a blow to a secondary and defense that honestly isn't that good to begin with. I don't think they have the offense to keep up with teams if they start to score points on them. I haven't looked at their schedule in a while, so it might be tough for them to get a winning season. I like Denard Robinson, but I don't think he's a good fit as a starting QB. Tater Tot should be the starter IMHO. Hell, I think I'd take Gardner over Robinson. Robinson should have his select few of plays and that's it. Or even make him a WR/ATH to get the ball in his hands.
                              Tate's dropped to third-string. Probably gonna transfer out.

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                                It could very well cost Rodriguez his job though
                                6-6 I think he sticks around (probably depending on who the losses are to. I think if three of the losses are to ND, MSU and OSU, the boosters might get a little upset with a 1-9 record against rivals in the first three season, not to mention 0-3 against MSU).

I'm honestly at the point where I either want something like 9-3 or better or 4-8 or worse. The soap opera needs to be over. I want to either be able to say this definately isn't working, or this is definately going to work. Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen again this year, and it's just going to be mediocre.

Originally posted by Jakey
                                WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information