The 2010 Big 10 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.detnews.com/article/20101...hris-L.-Rucker

So the reason MSU CB Chris L. Rucker is suspended for Saturday's game is for getting a DUI. Additionally, he was on probation for the big MSU brawl before their bowl game last season. His probation officer is recommending 21 days of jail.

When asked if he would be dismissed from the team, his position coach said, "Yeah, we anticipate him back, absolutely."

I wish I had a shaking head emoticon. That's all I can do right now.

Comment

• He'll play against Iowa.

Dantonio's such a joke.

Comment

• Wow. For reals?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

• Martez Wilson: Top 5 NFL Draft pick in 2012.

Sigh....

Comment

• Tom Driehart tweeted that if (ha, if) Tim Brewster is fired, the name floating around is former Iowa State head coach and current Florida assistant head coach, Dan McCarney.

That's about as meh of a hire as I can think of.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              Tom Driehart tweeted that if (ha, if) Tim Brewster is fired, the name floating around is former Iowa State head coach and current Florida assistant head coach, Dan McCarney.

That's about as meh of a hire as I can think of.
              If nothing else, Minnesota would be .500 or better vs. Iowa with mcCarney at the helm. Dude lived to beat Iowa, and couldn't care less about the rest of his schedule it seemed.

Comment

• Food for thought. As of now Ohio State and Michigan State look like the two best teams in the Big Ten with Iowa being right in the thick of things. Ohio State and Michigan State don't play each other so unless Iowa can beat both of them (very possible, if not probable in Michigan State's case, since they get them both at home), we could see two undefeateds come out of the Big Ten.

Traditionally Michigan State slips up and loses to someone they should beat and that could definitely happen again but this Sparty team just feels different. Dantonio's (as big of a jerk he is) heart attack seems to have rallied this team and they could conceivably run the table. What would the BCS do if all the other teams slip up between now and the end of the season? I mean neither teams OoC schedule is impressive (Ohio State's is better by virtue of having Miami (FL) > Notre Dame on theirs while Michigan State while the rest of both teams' opponents were all non-AQ schools and one D1-AA).

Would you put a 1-loss team in over an undefeated Michigan State and/or Ohio State?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                  Food for thought. As of now Ohio State and Michigan State look like the two best teams in the Big Ten with Iowa being right in the thick of things. Ohio State and Michigan State don't play each other so unless Iowa can beat both of them (very possible, if not probable in Michigan State's case, since they get them both at home), we could see two undefeateds come out of the Big Ten.

Traditionally Michigan State slips up and loses to someone they should beat and that could definitely happen again but this Sparty team just feels different. Dantonio's (as big of a jerk he is) heart attack seems to have rallied this team and they could conceivably run the table. What would the BCS do if all the other teams slip up between now and the end of the season? I mean neither teams OoC schedule is impressive (Ohio State's is better by virtue of having Miami (FL) > Notre Dame on theirs while Michigan State while the rest of both teams' opponents were all non-AQ schools and one D1-AA).

Would you put a 1-loss team in over an undefeated Michigan State and/or Ohio State?
                  A 1-loss Alabama would have beaten:

-LSU
                  -Auburn
                  -Arkansas
                  -Florida
                  -South Carolina (rematch)

An undefeated Michigan State would have beaten

-Wisconsin
                  -Iowa
                  -Michigan?

Yeah, I'd put a 1-loss Alabama (or Auburn, LSU, or South Carolina) over Michigan State.

In other words, Michigan State has zero chances to make the title game. Considering you also have to factor in Boise/TCU, Oregon, Oklahoma/Nebraska, and, of course, Ohio State.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• if MSU goes undefeated I think they get in as long as there are no other undefeateds and if the SEC has no 1-loss teams. Long odds but not none. I think Iowa beats them, Iowa is a really good team, seem to be forgotten though not just nationally but in the Big Ten the past couple weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                      http://www.detnews.com/article/20101...hris-L.-Rucker

So the reason MSU CB Chris L. Rucker is suspended for Saturday's game is for getting a DUI. Additionally, he was on probation for the big MSU brawl before their bowl game last season. His probation officer is recommending 21 days of jail.

When asked if he would be dismissed from the team, his position coach said, "Yeah, we anticipate him back, absolutely."

I wish I had a shaking head emoticon. That's all I can do right now.
                      This is beyond a joke.

Comment

• Apparently he's in jail for 21 days.

He won't be playing against any of us if that's the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
                          Apparently he's in jail for 21 days.

He won't be playing against any of us if that's the case.
                          He'll probably be back on the field for the Minnesota game, Purdue at the latest.

Comment

• I'd be shocked if the suspension time was over a game, virtually every college suspends 1 game for DUI. Probation violation doesn't guarantee he'll miss any games. Could get put in soon after arraignment, ie pleads guilty. Gonna be the waiting game to see what/when/how long he misses. Too many factors play in to speculate.

He's gonna get boned either way. Doubt he has 10k to fork up.
                            Last edited by sunnyintheD; 10-14-2010, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Is he in jail as of now?

I thought I read that because they could delay a trial, he could wait until December-ish? And just miss bowl practices. If true, that would be an even huger joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                                Is he in jail as of now?

I thought I read that because they could delay a trial, he could wait until December-ish? And just miss bowl practices. If true, that would be an even huger joke.
                                He doesn't have the prospect of jail until he goes to arraignment, has to by the 20th. If he pleads guilty(which is the most likely outcome) then he could be put in shortly after. That time depends on court availability for a sentencing. So it is very possible any time received would be not in the near future, ala within the next month, due to how long everything takes to go through and how fast he puts things in motion.

So basically what I'm saying is it wouldn't be very surprising if it didn't happen till December.
                                Last edited by sunnyintheD; 10-14-2010, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information