No announcement yet.

The 2010 Big 10 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dantonio will still let him play even after everything that happened, that's pretty sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
      Dantonio will still let him play even after everything that happened, that's pretty sad.
      I tend to agree with you, they need to be harder on em. But that's just how college is trending now. Took 3 arrests for that Iowa all-american wrestler to get dismissed this spring. Unless you really screw up like Winston, they give you all the opportunity to come back after a couple run-ins.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunnyintheD View Post
        IUnless you really screw up like Winston, they give you all the opportunity to come back after a couple run-ins.
        Winston played last year despite spending his summer in jail, Bad example.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          Winston played last year despite spending his summer in jail, Bad example.
          Agreed. Also, being "arrested" 3 times for drinking offenses (Iowa wrestler referenced, he wasn't arrested 3 times I don't think but all 3 were involving alcohol and the last one was arrest for DUI) is much, mucccccch different than being arrested once for assault (a violent crime) and pleading down due to being a football player (not knocking it, it happens for every team) and then violating probation less than a year later by getting drunk and possibly hitting something/fleeing from the scene.

That's not to mention that since Dantonio has been in East Lansing, he's had players (a lot) involved in more than one violent crimes, most notably the 2 large fights/brawls instigated by his players. Yet, minimal punishment was given (whatever, I'm not judging those decisions here). But when you say zero tolerance, you need to mean zero tolerance...not just zero tolerance for all non-starters/players that won't help us win. Also, Winston should never have been back on the team. That's just absurd and only MSU fans (not all, but some) find nothing wrong with it. Kinda like how they (not all, but some) think Rucker should be allowed to keep playing, and that it's not his fault DUI laws are bad.

As a disclaimer, I realize Iowa isn't a saint when it comes to these things. Hell, Clayborn punched/slapped a cab driver and didn't get suspended. It happens everywhere. But at least Iowa has shown in the past that they will dismiss players (even some of our best players) for serious crimes. Most of the crimes we've had where players were allowed to stay were drinking offenses, and they were suspended at least.

Comment

• That was kinda my point. They give you 3+ chances before dismissing unless you get jail time a couple times. Setting the bar low lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunnyintheD View Post
              That was kinda my point. They give you 3+ chances before dismissing unless you get jail time a couple times. Setting the bar low lol.
              This I agree with. There are far too many programs (and schools) out there that view athletics > law, and as such, turn a blind eye to what their players do and/or limit the repercussions if it will help them succeed. However, like you said, such is the life in society today.

I like to think Ferentz (and Iowa) handle these situations relatively well. But there's still been several times where I was really disappointed in how things were handled, most recently Clayborn. He should have been suspended at least a game.

But luckily (for lack of a better word), probably 75% of our legal problems in the last 5-7 years have been public intox and DUIs, which unless you have multiple offenders, aren't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of punishments.

Comment

• Multiple sources reporting that if Brewster loses to Purdue on Saturday he'll be fired, but will get to choose if he finishes the year or not (he makes more money if he does).

This seems stupid all around. If you're going to fire him, fire him. Hoping he quits so you can pay him less is such a Minnesota thing to do.

Also, we've already beaten Purdue under Brewster, twice. How about you fire him after he loses to a good team, like Wisconsin? Who ******* cares if we beat Purdue?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Short list includes, McCarney, Al Golden, Troy Calhoun, and Mike Markuson (offensive coordinator at Ole Miss, grew up in Minnesota).

Please not Dan McCarney. I know it was Iowa State. But still.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Michigan MLB Kenny Demens is expected to see more snaps this weekend. This means less Obi Ezeh, which in turns to about a touchdown less for Iowa. They will still win 52-38.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                      Michigan MLB Kenny Demens is expected to see more snaps this weekend. This means less Obi Ezeh, which in turns to about a touchdown less for Iowa. They will still win 52-38.
                      Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy with the W. But if we let up 38 points, I'm gonna be really sad. It would be the first time in 2 years our D has let up over 27 points. :(

That said, I fully expect Michigan to hit 30. I'll take the W, but not be happy about it. *shakes fist*
                      Last edited by iowatreat54; 10-15-2010, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• This isn't going to be a high-scoring game.

Comment

• how many did michygen get at home against MSU? 17? I think Iowa's defense is better than Sparty's. They probably have the best defensive line in the country.

Comment

• Regardless, Denard is still capable of going bananas and dropping 400-500 yards across the board, I think that cat can outscore anybody potentially. Still like Iowa though, think they will prevail one way or another.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Comment

• Thanks to the addition of the Alabama game, Michigan will visit Ohio State, Notre Dame, Nebraska and Alabama (basically) in 2012. Youch.

Comment

• stupid big ten teams and their easy schedules.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information