Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACC will be back :-) ACC no 1, SEC no 2, Big 10 no 3

Comment

how does backing up the big 10 as the second best conference make me a big 10 homer? especially when im from boston and am a BC fan...and what i was pointing out was that everyone loves to say the big10 sucks and the sec is gods conference but the big10 did better than the sec when they went head to head in bowls. thats what i said in my original post so quoting to me how some big10 teams lost to acc or pac 10 teams has nothing to do with my argument

Comment

i think the pac 10 is stronger than the big 10. i think the pac 10 doesnt get enough respect
        Fight On USC Trojans!

gamertag: uscfan06

Comment

SEC
          Big 11
          Big 12
          ACC
          Pac 1
          Big East
          The Rest

Comment

the big 12 is harder than the pac 10? thats rich. no way the ACC is harder as of late either. the only team in big 12 is texas and OU. OU proved they werent as good as many thought in their bowl game and i would bet my house that Cal would beat Texas if they played last year
            Fight On USC Trojans!

Comment

I still believe the SEC is the most overrated conference, but I am actually going to stay out of that argument, because you people aren't worth arguing with over this again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff82 View Post
                Vandy had 171 total yards of offense and the trick play (which is still a part of football stats) was only 30 yards, so you got your 1 and 4 mixed up because it would be 141 yards minus trick play. It was 9 first downs and since trick plays do count it was 3.3 yards per play. Oh and didn't a Chris Nickson fumble in Vandy territory allow the Wolverines the chance to put a TD with 2 minutes left in the game. So until very late, it was only 20-7. Not quite a killing.

I'm not saying Vanderbilt is better than Michigan, but they did have a brand new QB starting his first game at Michigan and they kept that game close especially only being down 13-7 at half and 20-7 with a little over two minutes left in the game.
                He is right Michigan did not kill Vandy, Michigan struggled to put them away. Tennessee killed Vandy this past offseason and that was there only bad loss.

1. SEC

2. Big 10
                3. Big 12
                4. Pac 10
                Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

Here is my list

SEC-They show it year in and year out. They never have one dominate team because they have so many teams at a high level each year. All we kept hearing was how tOSU was the best team, fastest, strongest, etc. They never played a team in the SEC, until UF that is.

Big 10- tOSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois is on their way up, Wisconsin has always been a consistent 9 win team, Iowa is alright. Most others in this conference I would rank along with Vanderbilt...

Big 12
                  -With the likes of Texas and OU they have to be considered here. Iowa State is on the rise and Nebraska should be making their way back to the top.

Pac-10- They pretty much have USC, eh. P{ersonally I think they are overrated and would struggle with the likes of teams like LSU, UF, Michigan, even Wisconsin (when Stocco was there). California is a very solid team, as is UCLA,

ACC- Has really declined in recent years with Miami taking a few steps backwards, along with Florida State,. V-Tech is back on their way to the top Georgia Tech should mellow out after losing CJ.

Big East-Rutgers is at the top of their game and should continue to grow, Louisville might take a step backwards after losing Petrino, and WVU are contendors every year.

These are my 6 I will not do any other conferences because these are the best IMO.

Comment

w

1 sec
                    2 pac 10
                    3 big 10
                    4 big 12
                    5 big east
                    6 acc

beyond the SEC, they conferences arent that far apart from one another

Originally posted by mythbusta
                    i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                    who dey?

Comment

With as much as people think the SEC is so great, the Badgers have taken down to SEC teams the past two years in bowl games: Auburn and Arkansas. This year the Badgers got no love with Michigan and Ohio State, but they're the only ones in the conference that took care of business in their bowl game.

Comment

Originally posted by mil_brew_fan View Post
                        With as much as people think the SEC is so great, the Badgers have taken down to SEC teams the past two years in bowl games: Auburn and Arkansas. This year the Badgers got no love with Michigan and Ohio State, but they're the only ones in the conference that took care of business in their bowl game.
                        but behind wisconsin, michigan, and ohio state, no teams will scare their opponents. The SEC has Arkansas, Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, Vandy, even Georgia. I have a feeling im leaving someone out, but you get the point. the SEC is an extremely deep conference

Originally posted by mythbusta
                        i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                        who dey?

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
                          but behind wisconsin, michigan, and ohio state, no teams will scare their opponents. The SEC has Arkansas, Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, Vandy, even Georgia. I have a feeling im leaving someone out, but you get the point. the SEC is an extremely deep conference
                          To tell you the truth when i hear SEC football and good teams I usually don't talk about Vandy.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

And Vandy got stomped worse by Michigan last year than they did against most of their SEC foes.
                            Because inner conference play is always closer than outter conference play. When rivalries get involved, the games are always tighter.

As how I'd rank the Top 5 conferences...

1. SEC - National champion Florida. 6 ranked teams at the end of the season. 9 Bowl eligible teams(only 12 teams total in the conference; Went 6-3 in bowl games).

2. Pac 10 - 3 ranked teams. 6 Bowl eligible teams(3-3 in bowl games).

3. Big 10 - 4 ranked teams(3 of which are in Top 10). 7 Bowl eligible teams(2-5 in bowl games).

4. ACC - 3 ranked teams. 8 Bowl eligible teams(4-4 in bowl games).

5. Big 12 - 2 ranked teams. 8 Bowl eligible teams(3-5 in bowl games).

Main thing that stands out is that the Big 10 went 2-5 in their outter conference bowl games. Overrated? I'd say so.
                            Last edited by TitanHope; 03-22-2007, 02:48 PM.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

lol Big Ten 3-1 vs the SEC.

Comment

[QUOTE=Acreboy;233089]Here is my list

Pac-10- They pretty much have USC, eh. P{ersonally I think they are overrated and would struggle with the likes of teams like LSU, UF, Michigan, even Wisconsin (when Stocco was there). California is a very solid team, as is UCLA,

USC would struggle against Michigan? if i recall they thrashed them in the rose bowl but apparently you missed that game
                                Fight On USC Trojans!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information