Bowl Prediction Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katnip View Post
    Some person on espn is predicting, Canes vs Gators in the Orange Bowl. I'd love to see this

The other person is saying Canes in Orange Bowl vs Iowa
    An actual ESPN analyst said that?

It's amazing how many of them don't understand how the process works.

Sorry to tell you, but there is a 0% chance of the Canes playing the Gators.

If an SEC team makes the championship game, the Sugar Bowl gets first choice to replace that team. They will take another SEC team, which means that there will only be an SEC team in the Sugar Bowl, and no other. I suppose it could happen if no SEC team makes the championship game, therefore there would be both an SEC team in the Sugar Bowl and an at large team. But even in that scenario, the Orange Bowl would be behind other bowls in getting to pick.

Canes-Iowa could happen. At this point, though, it would mean taking a 1-loss team over an undefeated TCU. I don't see that happening.

Another thing that a lot of people don't know is that if the Rose Bowl loses a team they this year must take a non-BCS team if one is eligible. There are so many people at ESPN who get paid who don't know this.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      Canes-Iowa could happen. At this point, though, it would mean taking a 1-loss team over an undefeated TCU. I don't see that happening.
      Yea. I was thinking Canes vs TCU is a better chance of happening
      Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

The only poll I saw where Oregon jumped Boise State was the AP Poll......which has zero bearing on what happens with the BCS. AP Poll is not part of that system. That said I think an undefeated Oregon team at the end of the season will be well ahead of Boise in any poll.

Comment

nvrmind, i was looking at the old coaches poll apparently.

nonetheless, I don't see how Oregon is "in the driver's seat." OSU is #2 and will be ranked there ahead of Oregon until they lose or if Pryor gets hurt worse (knock on wood). If both teams win out OSU gets in on merit of beating Oregon last year in the Rose, and the fact that the Big Ten is stronger than the Pac Ten this season.
          Last edited by keylime_5; 10-03-2010, 02:46 PM.

Comment

I'll rage if we end up playing a non-BCS team in the OB. Not much we can gain from that other than putting those teams in their place.

I'll be happy just to see us win the conference though...hell it'll be nice to finally win the division.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
              I'll rage if we end up playing a non-BCS team in the OB. Not much we can gain from that other than putting those teams in their place.

I'll be happy just to see us win the conference though...hell it'll be nice to finally win the division.
              This, I agree with
              Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                FSU winning the ACC. AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I know you hate the Canes with a passion but that just blew my mind.
                Miami winning the ACC? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

if we learned anything from the last two years it's that there's legitimately about 6 or 7 teams that could win the ACC and it's impossible to tell who the favorite is in October. UNC, NC State, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Florida State, and Miami all seem to neutralize each other and the winner of the conference winds up with 3 or 4 losses.

Comment

Liberty Bowl (CUSA#1 v. SEC#8) - ECU vs. whoever
                    fixed that :)

Comment

Still got Tennessee in a bowl? I don't.
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

In your latest update you have Texas Tech in two bowls. TT vs. Stanford in the Holiday Bowl and vs. Fresno State in the New Mexico Bowl.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

I'm not done yet peeps. I just change things around during the day as people win and lose.:)

Also, I'm in Europe right now so I miss a lot of night games.

Also, hahahahahahaha Miami.....

Comment

Updated. Lots of changes, some of which surprised even me.

Here's the BCS breakdown:

-Oregon is clearly in. #2 in the polls and definite #1 in the computer rankings.

-Ohio State I'm less sure of. Their computer profile stinks. Their schedule so far is weaker than Boise State's (though that will change over time), and it will continue to be weaker than any team coming out of the Pac-10, B12, or SEC. It's the same old story, and it's really not their fault, but they are banking on the #1 ranking to pull them through for now.

-I've got Nebraska ahead of Oklahoma, but it's really not by much. They are higher in the polls and probably in the computer rankings. You could flip a coin with it though.

-Same thing with the SEC, where LSU, Auburn, and Alabama are all neck and neck both in the polls and with the computer rankings. I've got LSU ahead because of their SOS, which puts them as the SEC winner in the Sugar Bowl.

-The first bowl to pick would be the Rose Bowl, which would lose both of its representatives. One of the teams would have to be non-BCS (Boise State), and then they are left choosing between Alabama, Oklahoma, Auburn, TCU, and West Virginia. Alabama seems like the most appealing to me.

-With two SEC teams, Auburn is out. Next comes the Sugar Bowl, which would easily choose Oklahoma.

-Orange Bowl (TCU) and Fiesta (West Virginia) round it out.

-Teams Out of the Bowl Picture: Penn State (seriously, behind Purdue), Pittsburgh, Iowa State, Clemson, Tulsa, Tennessee, UCLA, South Florida, Middle Tennesee

-Teams in the Bowl Picture: Purdue, Cincinnati, Louisville, UTEP, Army, Virginia, Georgia, BYU, Louisiana-Monroe
                            Last edited by bearsfan_51; 10-10-2010, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                              Michigan's offense against Florida's defense would be fun to watch.
                              How about Michigan versus umm....Mississippi State?

Comment

How about Michigan versus umm....Mississippi State?
                                I'll take any bowl game, seeing as how none of the last seven are gimmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information