Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN's Brad Edwards projects Boise State as BCS #1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
    So your fine with them getting in over 1 loss say Bama team? Or undefeated Pac-10 team?
    Over 1 loss bama, I'd accept but prefer Bame. While I think a 1 loss Bama is so much more impressive then an undefeated Boise, Bama could have won all their games. I wouldn't feel too bad for any team with a loss missing the game.

    An undefeated PAC 10 team definitely should get in over Boise or TCU.
    Last edited by Smooth Criminal; 10-12-2010, 10:35 AM.

    Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

    Comment


    • #47
      Can you imagine what would have been said had Cincy played for the national title say if Texas lost the Big 12 title game?

      People hate the Big Easts weak schedule just as much as Boises. That said, Boises is even worse then a Big East schedule.
      Last edited by Smooth Criminal; 10-12-2010, 10:36 AM.

      Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
        Can you imagine what would have been said had Cincy played for the national title say if Texas lost the Big 12 title game?
        Cincy was actually #2 in the computer polls at the end of last season... it wouldn't have been that farfetched to see Cincy over undefeated Texas.

        Comment


        • #49
          So I just read this on Espn.com. Computer rankings takes out all the emotional toll that it has on voters.

          http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...pat&id=5675517

          Boise continued to lose ground to Ohio State and Oregon in the USA Today poll. The Broncos slipped from 101 points behind the Buckeyes to 120 behind, and from 24 points behind the Ducks to 53 behind.

          TCU suffered the same indignity. It slipped from 190 points behind Ohio State to 242 behind, and from 113 points behind the Ducks to 175 points behind.

          Based on what, you ask? Here's what:

          Oregon beat Washington State by 20.

          Ohio State beat Indiana by 28.

          Boise beat Toledo by 43.

          TCU beat Wyoming by 45.

          Average computer rankings for those four, as of this week: Toledo 57.2, Wyoming 68, Indiana 83.2, Washington State 94.8.
          Also another funny thing.

          Oregon State (13). The Beavers have played an incredible schedule to date -- at Boise, at TCU, at Arizona. They lost the first two in respectable fashion, by a combined 22 points. They beat then-No. 9 Arizona on Saturday. Their reward? No ranking, and fewer votes than a Texas team that has been a flaming disappointment so far.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
            Can you imagine what would have been said had Cincy played for the national title say if Texas lost the Big 12 title game?

            People hate the Big Easts weak schedule just as much as Boises. That said, Boises is even worse then a Big East schedule.
            Hey if you loose the title game you loose. Florida lost to Bama in the title game or else Florida could have made the argument that if a 1 loss Texas can play them why can't Florida?

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
              :) I'm facetious dork. Sorry.



              It's sad that it's come down to this. This is almost solely the cause of the BCS and it's ridiculous formula. W-L record reigns supreme, as do the biased, reactionary voting of coaches.

              The system needs to start rewarding difficult schedules more. That is a nice temporary fix.
              They had that, remember the computer rankings, that got phased out becuase of USC "emotional" victory. It had the AP in a roar, blah blah bunch of stuff happened and USC went instead of Auburn.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                Hey if you loose the title game you loose. Florida lost to Bama in the title game or else Florida could have made the argument that if a 1 loss Texas can play them why can't Florida?
                I'm not Sniper or anything, but I have to correct it to lose.


                Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                  I'm not Sniper or anything, but I have to correct it to lose.
                  ahha, i know which one to write its lose, but I always end up writing loose. Whatever Texas and Florida are both loose, or else they would have tight balls and win right now.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                    Can you imagine what would have been said had Cincy played for the national title say if Texas lost the Big 12 title game?

                    People hate the Big Easts weak schedule just as much as Boises. That said, Boises is even worse then a Big East schedule.
                    A. Cincinnati had a quality schedule last year.
                    B. Boise State's schedule is not worst than a Big East school.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      It definitely is. I think you're underrating just how pathetic Boises conference schedule is. Outside of Fresno St and Nevada, who Id say are overrated, they play no one. Teams in the Big East are certainly better as a whole then the WAC.

                      Add to it that WVU has faced LSU, Pitt has played Utah and Miami, Cincy played Oklahoma, the Big East teams are doing better ooc then Boise.

                      Not that it matters, no Big East team is going undefeated because they got killed in all those ooc games.

                      Boises conference schedule definitely does not equal a Big East conference schedule even. The teams in the WAC, outside Boise who is very good, and Fresno and Nevada who I think are overrated but still good, are not as good as the teams in the Big East.
                      Last edited by Smooth Criminal; 10-12-2010, 02:44 PM.

                      Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                        It definitely is. I think you're underrating just how pathetic Boises conference schedule is. Outside of Fresno St and Nevada, who Id say are overrated, they play no one. Teams in the Big East are certainly better as a whole then the WAC.

                        Add to it that WVU has faced LSU, Pitt has played Utah and Miami, Cincy played Oklahoma, the Big East teams are doing better ooc then Boise.

                        Not that it matters, no Big East team is going undefeated because they got killed in all those ooc games.
                        Youre so full of **** its not even funny, Cinci is the ONLY that actually has a better SOS than BSU....

                        ....they are 15th.....and there isnt another team from the Big East in the top 50.

                        Please dont make me read posts that make something that will do nothing but just waste my time.



                        Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-09/b...l-schedule.php

                          And this is a quality schedule? Playing the Big East and toughest out of conference being Oregon State isn't what I would call quality. Definitely not quality that people here would have accepted them over Texas.

                          Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                            Youre so full of **** its not even funny, Cinci is the ONLY that actually has a better SOS than BSU....

                            ....they are 15th.....and there isnt another team from the Big East in the top 50.

                            Please dont make me read posts that make something that will do nothing but just waste my time.
                            Yea, as of now that's where the SOS is. Wait till the end of the year and see where it's at, you know, when teams play their conference schedules.

                            O thats right, Boises schedule gets easier when they move to conference play. While teams in the Big Ten and SEC and other conferences are just getting to the strength of their schedule.

                            Boises conference schedule is so pathetic that it will bring them down. Playing teams like Toledo definitely isn't going to keep SOS ranked very high for long.

                            Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                              Yea, as of now that's where the SOS is. Wait till the end of the year and see where it's at, you know, when teams play their conference schedules.

                              O thats right, Boises and cinches schedules get easier when they move to conference play. While teams in the Big Ten and SEC and other conferences are just getting to the strength of their schedule.

                              Boises conference schedule is so pathetic that it will bring them down. Playing teams like Toledo definitely isn't going to keep SOS ranked very high for long.
                              What you just said made your argument ****, you just told me that a Big East schedule is harder.

                              Cinci is the only one ahead of BSU as far as SOS, so if BSU's and the Big East's schedules get weaker as the year goes along, Cinci is still the ONLY Big east team with a harder SOS.



                              Originally posted by 49erNation85
                              I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                                What you just said made your argument ****, you just told me that a Big East schedule is harder.

                                Cinci is the only one ahead of BSU as far as SOS, so if BSU's and the Big East's schedules get weaker as the year goes along, Cinci is still the ONLY Big east team with a harder SOS.
                                And that's because Oklahoma was willing to play them...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information