No announcement yet.

ESPN's Brad Edwards projects Boise State as BCS #1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still of large note wrt BSU's schedule issues is that they have turned down both a 2 and 1 deal offer by Nebraska and Texas.

Anyone, anywhere (except the good teams).

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
      The BTN's profitability has nothing to do with an individual games' TV ratings.

What game would #1 Ohio State-#3 Boise State lose to in terms of ratings this season?
      Well now that Ohio State is 1 and Boise is 3 it would do well, but that wouldn't have been they case when they actually played cause OSU only has conference games left.

But sure, it would do very well. I honestly dont think it would make Ohio State much more money, I think the network would benefit more then either of the schools. And the Big Tens profitability has everything to do wihh the ratings because Ohio State gets many millions every year from the BTNs profitability.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
        Well now that Ohio State is 1 and Boise is 3 it would do well, but that wouldn't have been they case when they actually played cause OSU only has conference games left.

But sure, it would do very well. I honestly dont think it would make Ohio State much more money, I think the network would benefit more then either of the schools. And the Big Tens profitability has everything to do wihh the ratings because Ohio State gets many millions every year from the BTNs profitability.
        Every school in the Big Ten gets $22 million per year from their TV deal.

Comment

Here's my question... what OOC would be good enough to allow Boise State to play in the National Title game? Where's the line?

Comment

And that's because they reportedly demand too much money to play anyone on the part of the schedule they can control even though you already admitted their OOC was satisfactory this year.
            Yes, their out of conference was satisfactory this year. But satisfactory simply isn't good enough for a team like Boise, that plays a pathetic conference schedule.

They had to have a ridiculous out of conference schedule to boost their sos enough to compete with the real conferences.

I'm all for Boise playing for the title, as long as they don't get handed the soot over a team that deserves it more. The BCS wont let that happen, so I don't know why I give a damn.

Comment

Yes, their out of conference was satisfactory this year. But satisfactory simply isn't good enough for a team like Boise, that plays a pathetic conference schedule.
              Hear, hear, more of this, smoothy.

I would love to see college FB's flavor of the month boutique team play an SEC team not named Vandy or in the state of Mississippi away from their weird blue field.

Or a Pac 10 team not from the state of Washington. Half their team is from CA anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                Hear, hear, more of this, smoothy.

I would love to see college FB's flavor of the month boutique team play an SEC team not named Vandy or in the state of Mississippi away from their weird blue field.
                So your Alabama Crimson Tide getting monkey stomped by 3 TDs by the Utes didn't convince you Boise State could beat a decent SEC team? Seriously?

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                Or a Pac 10 team not from the state of Washington. Half their team is from CA anyway.
                Like both teams from Oregon?

Comment

Here's my question... what OOC would be good enough to allow Boise State to play in the National Title game? Where's the line?
                  Hard to say. If they're one of only 2 undefeated teams left, what they have now is fine.

If they're 3, they'd have to have the schedule to hop them. It's gonna be different for every team, all depending on whose left undefeated.

Comment

This thread is why the BCS works and is here to stay. Because it creates ALL this discussion and promotion of their product. If there was a playoff, no one would care, we all would know Boise would be in the playoff and be done with it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

So your Alabama Crimson Tide getting monkey stomped by 3 TDs by the Utes didn't convince you Boise State could beat a decent SEC team? Seriously?

Like both teams from Oregon?
                      I dont think Boise can't compete, I think they're a really talented team. I just don't think they should be in the title game over teams that have done more to earn the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                        This thread is why the BCS works and is here to stay. Because it creates ALL this discussion and promotion of their product. If there was a playoff, no one would care, we all would know Boise would be in the playoff and be done with it.
                        I have always kind of agreed with that, but the BCS isn't making money off this message board, and I can't believe a playoff wouldn't draw amazing amounts of attention and money.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                          No one cares about playoffs.

The NFL, NCAA basketball tournament, NBA, MLB? All barely hanging on. Deciding who their champion is on the field and people being happy with that result? Passe.

Eleventy billion people watching the Superbowl is definitely not as good as people discussing college football's system of picking a champion. Because discussion moves product and sells air time.

Edit: And the BCS may be boned and it has nothing to do with fans, coaches, players, or anything else you'd think of... it may be boned due to our good friends at the IRS. Only the Rose Bowl is on the level with how they operate.
                          Last edited by wonderbredd24; 10-12-2010, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                            Still of large note wrt BSU's schedule issues is that they have turned down both a 2 and 1 deal offer by Nebraska and Texas.

Anyone, anywhere (except the good teams).
                            link please?

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                            I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                              link please?
                              Nebraska

I've seen comments about UT, but a quick search yielded nothing.

Comment

Relevance, seriously? Utah >>>>>>>>>>>> Boise St.

Or how about your Ohio St. Luckeyes, think they would monkey stomp them?

No one cares about playoffs.
                                No one? Only about 75-80% of fans polled in every yr. I've seen a poll, + heavyweight FBS/BCS coaches, + the President of the US...... I could go on.
                                Last edited by LizardState; 10-12-2010, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information