No announcement yet.

College Gameday Thread: Week 9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Spartans are just completely overmatched here, especially in the trenches. I am starting to like Stanzi a lot as a prospect.

Comment

• Games like this (so far) just make me furious looking at last week (and Arizona to an extent). We should have dominated Wisconsin, but we were flat and looked like we couldn't care less. Now, we look like we're fired up and want to win, and this happens.

Comment

• I've been looking for the top OT eligible for the draft and i think i've found him. Riley Reiff, Iowa. He's only a RS Soph but he is almost 22. Would being the top tackle taken make him leave?

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
          I've been looking for the top OT eligible for the draft and i think i've found him. Riley Reiff, Iowa. He's only a RS Soph but he is almost 22. Would being the top tackle taken make him leave?
          Shhhh I don't want him to leave. :(

If he comes back, our OL is going to be orgasmic.

Comment

• Bawwww MSU fans upset Iowa called 2 timeouts before half when MSU tried to run out the clock.

Calling Ferentz a giant dbag. Try looking at your own coach, Sparty.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
              Shhhh I don't want him to leave. :(

If he comes back, our OL is going to be orgasmic.
              Not sure the shhhshing stuff works, i've tried it. Not ready to say he's better than Bulaga but he might be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                Not sure the shhhshing stuff works, i've tried it. Not ready to say he's better than Bulaga but he might be.
                At this point, probably not, but he will be. He's more athletic, has better measurables, and is much better in pass protection. If he even stays one more year, he will be ridiculous as a prospect.

Also, I'm just warning everyone now, Iowa is going come out on offense in the 2nd half playing more conservative than anyone has ever seen and playing prevent/safe defense. MSU will likely score on their opening drive, but rather than keep doing what is working to destroy MSU, Iowa will completely switch their game plan to play not to lose. Final will prolly be about 40-35.

Comment

• I've always loved Stanzi. He doesn't always zip the ball to the receiver, but he trhwos such a beautifully smooth ball. His long passing is starting to catch fire. He also has damn good pocket presence and adequate arm strength. Makes all the throws and is a great leader.

Reminds me of a Tom Brady ( prospect coming out, excluding NFL success ).
                  | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Also, I'm just warning everyone now, Iowa is going come out on offense in the 2nd half playing more conservative than anyone has ever seen and playing prevent/safe defense. MSU will likely score on their opening drive, but rather than keep doing what is working to destroy MSU, Iowa will completely switch their game plan to play not to lose. Final will prolly be about 40-35.
                    Going to the prevent too early is one of the cardinal sins in football imo. The only time you should ever go to, especially if you've really been shutting the other team down by playing aggressive, is very late in the game when they don't have enough time left to work the middle of the field.

That is the ONLY acceptable time. Any other time, and all it "prevents" is you from holding your lead.

Comment

• BTW, keep an eye on RB Marcus Coker ( Iowa True FR RB ). He reminds me a lot of Shonn Greene. Just needs to stay healthy and learn the Playbook.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        Going to the prevent too early is one of the cardinal sins in football imo. The only time you should ever go to, especially if you've really been shutting the other team down by playing aggressive, is very late in the game when they don't have enough time left to work the middle of the field.

That is the ONLY acceptable time. Any other time, and all it "prevents" is you from holding your lead.
                        Oh I completely agree. I'm just warning you all that Iowa is going to do it starting now.

And HawkeyeFan, just imagine when Stanzi actually gets to work with a QB coach. He should improve even more.

Oh, and <3 James Morris. True freshman beasting.

Comment

• LMAO It looks like the good old MSU showed up today.
                          "You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Comment

• Cal is getting owned by Da Ja-Quiz Rodgers

Comment

• I'm confused, Nebraska won the toss to start the game and elected to kick off, and they just kicked off to start the 2nd half as well.

Comment

Oh I completely agree. I'm just warning you all that Iowa is going to do it starting now.

And HawkeyeFan, just imagine when Stanzi actually gets to work with a QB coach. He should improve even more.

Oh, and <3 James Morris. True freshman beasting.
                                Definitely agree! O'Keefe has been known to regress QBs, or not progress ( Banks/Tate/Stanzi? ) Stanzi could turn into one hell of a player.

And yes <3 Morris <3 Morris. Wait until he's up to 240lbs!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information