College Gameday Thread: Week 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    And that's great in college, but once you get to the pros, defenders also get bigger and stronger across the board. Unless you've got some elite measurables, which he doesn't, it's going to be hard to still put up epic numbers and be great with his style of play.

I think he's a guy who'll have more of a Curtis Martin type of career. Never an elite back, but a guy who can rush for 1000+ every year and be extremely consistent.

But RBs like that just don't get selected high....they really need to bring something amazing to the table like AP or McFadden. Plus with so many committees of RBs and the NFL going more and more pass whacky, it devalues the RB even more.

It'll be interesting to see where he actually ends up. I don't think he touches the top 10 like some would suggest.
    I see Emmitt Smith and if he goes to a team that can get him to the second level, he's going to be a nightmare to stop, especially in the 4th quarter when defenses get tired. Ingram is the kind of guy defenders just hate tackling.

I don't buy the argument (not that you are necessarily making it) that the running game is devalued though, because the teams that can run the football and stop the run make the playoffs.

Comment

• If Im a team drafting at the end of the first/start of the second and need a penetrating DT Im looking strongly at Nevis. Everytime I've seen him this year he's been blowing it up

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Peterson wasn't covering him there.
        You're right. They are moving Julio where Peterson is not, but don't discount Julio as a decoy.

Hanks is a Bama WR, not Tom Hanks, wasn't he a Tide WR in Forrest Gump <sarcasm>

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
          You're right. They are moving Julio where Peterson is not, but don't discount Julio as a decoy.

Hanks is a Bama WR, not Tom Hanks, wasn't he a Tide WR in Forrest Gump <sarcasm>
          What a mind. Next thing you're going to tell me you remember Major Ogilvie.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
            If Im a team drafting at the end of the first/start of the second and need a penetrating DT Im looking strongly at Nevis. Everytime I've seen him this year he's been blowing it up
            Drake Nevis, ranked 8th among DTs by Steele, listed 6-1, 292. With a name like Drake he s/b playing for the Quackers :D

BUt serously, he's better than 8th

Comment

• Nice Husky TD pass called back there.

Comment

• Iowa State is going to beat Nebraska. lol.

Comment

• LSU drops a 50-yd pass.

Comment

• If Matthews can go 12th in a strong class, Ingram can go 10-15 in this one.

But obviously it was a unique situation with Chargers needing a back so bad and willing to give up a ton to move up.

Comment

• Originally posted by lowlife View Post
                      If Matthews can go 12th in a strong class, Ingram can go 10-15 in this one.

But obviously it was a unique situation with Chargers needing a back so bad and willing to give up a ton to move up.
                      It was really their only major need at the time. They were set on starters everywhere else and needed a primary back....so they did what the had to in order to get the class's best back.

And please no one bring up Knowshon...that was the Broncos being ********.

Barring something like that, I don't see Ingram sniffing the top 15. His college production is great, but from a physical tools standpoint, there isn't much seperating him from guys who regularly go in the 2nd or 3rd rounds of drafts.
                      Last edited by BeerBaron; 11-06-2010, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• One thing that freshman Keith Price seems to do better than Jake Locker is scramble. When things break down for Locker he takes off running up the field, Price scrambles to give himself more time to throw. Hope Jake is paying attention.

Comment

It was really their only major need at the time. They were set on starters everywhere else and needed a primary back....so they did what the had to in order to get the class's best back.

Barring something like that, I don't see Ingram sniffing the top 5. His college production is great, but from a physical tools standpoint, there isn't much seperating him from guys who regularly go in the 2nd or 3rd rounds of drafts.
                          I think Emmett Smith is a good gauge of where Ingram might go. (17th)

Comment

Barring something like that, I don't see Ingram sniffing the top 5. His college production is great, but from a physical tools standpoint, there isn't much seperating him from guys who regularly go in the 2nd or 3rd rounds of drafts.
                            The only "physical" tool he is missing is top end speed.
                            He is strong, runs low, amazing lower body strength, amazing vision, doesnt fumble and incredible balance. He doesnt get tripped up often. You have to get him down.

Dont forget, he will get better and bigger in the NFL too.

bonekrusher
                            The Twitters
                            themaninblack

Comment

• Ingram only missed 2 games after (arthroscopic) knee surgery too, pros like that minimal missed time a lot.

If the Heisman Committee is gunshy about Newton after the Bush debacle then who else wins?

Stanzi? Luck?
                              Last edited by LizardState; 11-06-2010, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Kansas has scored 42 4th quarter points.

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information