No announcement yet.

College Gameday Thread: Week 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat it Lundquist you prick! I hope those 75,000 drunk Cajuns roast you on a spit.

Cost us 23 yds on a blown call. ****! He caught the freaking ball, GOd I hate SEC officiating.

I'm going to drink some liquor now....
    Last edited by LizardState; 11-06-2010, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Am I the only 1 that laughed when the ball hit the Duck mascot after the field goal?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• College PI rules are lame

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
          College PI rules are lame
          as far as what? The 15 yards or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
            "****! Im gonna give up a TD might as well just tackle him now and only give up 15."

bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

Comment

College PI rules are lame
              I agree, it should be the same as the pros. Too much insentive to just yank a guy down as soon as you're beat.

Comment

• Bama needs to start running outside. They are getting beat inside badly right now.

bonekrusher
                The Twitters
                themaninblack

Comment

• Why do they run right on 1st & 10 in the 3-gap every damn time? Wasted down.

Run left behind Carpenter, he is owning their LDE. Ingram runs left, 1st & goal, told ya

Comment

"****! Im gonna give up a TD might as well just tackle him now and only give up 15."
                    Yea... I can see both sides of the argument. There is certainly that part, but it is so unbelievably weak that in the NFL it is a designed play to throw the ball up and hope for a 50 yard PI call to set up a score.

I honestly don't know which is better... I really wish there were some sort of degrees with the penalty like facemasks had and should still have.

Comment

• They might still get their 50 but color me unimpressed with this Oregon team.

Comment

I've thought that too. If I were a coach, I'd teach my defenders to grab and hold and do whatever they could to interfere on deep passes. A 15 yard penalty is WAY better than a 70 touchdown catch.

That said, the spot foul of the NFL also has it's downfalls when it's a really ticky-tack call. No way minor contact should be worth 50 yards or something.

I'd split it into two levels......blatant and incidental or something like that. If it's pretty clear that the defender just outright interfered intentionally...like tackling him or tripping him or something, then it's a spot foul. Otherwise, make it like 5 yards and an auto first down like defensive holding.

Comment

Yea... I can see both sides of the argument. There is certainly that part, but it is so unbelievably weak that in the NFL it is a designed play to throw the ball up and hope for a 50 yard PI call to set up a score.

I honestly don't know which is better... I really wish there were some sort of degrees with the penalty like facemasks had and should still have.
                          I like the NFL a little better because it at least makes you have to work for the PI call instead.

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

• TD, Alabama takes the lead.

3 lead chgs so far, this is the best game today with the TCU rout.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                              TD, Alabama takes the lead.

3 lead chgs so far, this is the best game today with the TCU rout.
                              Agreed.
                              Mich-Illinois was fun but more of a so sad it is funny.

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                                They might still get their 50 but color me unimpressed with this Oregon team.
                                You're right Babs, to beat those Quackers you have to outscore them or play for last possession, save those TOs for your FG & hope your kicker isn't lame. Their defense is soft as a baby's bottom.

If they play Boise St. in an all Northwest NC game most the nation will watch reality shows instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information