No announcement yet.

Auburn/Cam Newton under NCAA investigation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think 4 guys will be invited to New York. Cam, LaMichael, Kellen Moore, and Luck. If Cam doesn't win it I'm leaning towards Moore winning it with James as the dark horse. After that I think it would be rated(Not my rankings but what I think the rankings will be):

5) Terelle Pryor
    6) Darron Thomas
    7) Andy Dalton
    8 ) Justin Blackmon
    9) Ricky Stanzi
    10) Denard Robinson
    guys after this Kendall Hunter, John Clay, Landry Jones, Nick Foles, etc.

I think Denard is out of the running now. Looking at Michigan's schedule they could easily have 4 or 5 loses when the season is done and I understand it's not Denard's fault his defense blows but Auburn and Oregon also have bad defenses. Also I don't think he's in the running anymore because he isn't getting anywhere near the 2,000 yards rushing that we thought he would, and since Cam Newton is right behind him in rushing yards it doesn't seem as special anymore. Also he's missed a bunch of time and Forcier has stepped in and played well, plus the 7 INT's.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
      Nothing screams premier out of conference scheduling like Chattanooga
      Yea, while OSU doesn't have a major opponent for every OOC game, neither does anyone else.

While others might disagree with my BCS-love, I do think it's games like Chattanooga and Louisiana Lafayette that make it so hard to decide who is the best team in the country because it's so hard to determine which conference deserves the respect from year to year.

Last year, the Big 10s OOC scheduling was abysmal (the biggest win was Wisconsin's OT win over Fresno State or something like that). Yet, they showed up to their bowl games in force (PSU over LSU, OSU over Oregon, etc).
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• If you're going to criticize Newton for playing some weak out of conference opponents, tell us the player who hasn't played any weak teams. Kellen Moore? 75% of Boise State's schedule is weak teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
          Nothing screams premier out of conference scheduling like Chattanooga
          Um, hello? Arkansas State? Louisiana-Monroe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
            If you're going to criticize Newton for playing some weak out of conference opponents, tell us the player who hasn't played any weak teams. Kellen Moore? 75% of Boise State's schedule is weak teams.
            More like 95 percent.

Comment

• I don't necessarily have a problem with Moore, but with their schedule and how dominant their team is in all facets of the game against inferior competition, you could put Jordan Jefferson at QB for them and they'd still probably run the table with the possible exception of the Vatech game. Take Newton, Luck, Stanzi, Foles, etc, from their teams and they are bad teams. Ken Dorsey was a two time Heisman finalist so Moore deserves to be there, he just doesn't deserve to win it.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post

Side note: Stanford is awesome. They have ONE non-BCS caliber opponent on their schedule. That's how every BCS teams should schedule. Granted, they only have 3 OOC not 4, but still.
                Side note:

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                  Eh, Stats are not everything. If they were, someone from a QB friendly offense in a conference like the MWC would win it every year.
                  Huh? I said nothing about stats, nor implied anything about stats.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Huh? I said nothing about stats, nor implied anything about stats.
                    Although Suh's stats were freaking awesome last year so maybe they do back up the statement ;)

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• It doesnt matter for Auburn if he wins the heisman or not the national championship is more important. and id rather just play him and risk getting an asterik by the win then not play him and just loss out. its if he is innocent we win if he isnt then oh well better to try and get screwed then screw yourself.

I agree the heisman is "the best player on the best team" but there is no perfect scenario to make all the schedules and conditions equal to see who is the best player imo. But obviously your team has to be doing something to get mentioned. the heisman should be a key role in a good team like LaMichael James and Luck but D-robs team is 6-3 and possibly getting worse he shouldnt be in consideration though if his team isnt that good.
                      San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
                      Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

Comment

• ESPN reporting now that the FBI will be talking to Bond now.

Bond said it's "b/c they don't want them buying children for hundreds of thousands of $..."

Buying children? I thought the 13th Amendment abolished slavery.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter...teve-smith-out

Auburn now saying No Comment on whether Newton will start or play vs. UGA Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                          Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                          Maybe. However, rivals in the SEC love dropping the bomb on other programs.
                          See Fulmer, Tennessee.
                          It was actually Arkansas that turned in Bama for the Albert Means violation. Fulmer will always be the face of it all and played a big part, considering his closed door meetings with the NCAA, the meeting with that Culpepper guy, and the absolute disdain that Bama fans have for him with the accusations of a UT-led conspiracy to bring them down, but Nutt, Fulmer, and Spurrier all had their fingers pointed at Bama. And after Bama was found guilty, can you blame them?

Not trying to start anything or get this off topic. Just trying to provide a little clarity.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                            Buying children? I thought the 13th Amendment abolished slavery.
                            This is the mentality that people have that lead them to believe that players should be paid, rightly or wrongly.
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

• So, Newton's Dad admitted to talking to schools about getting money, but claims Cam and his mother didn't know about it.

http://www.wsbtv.com/sports/25778803/detail.html

Follow Me on Twitter!
                              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                                So, Newton's Dad admitted to talking to schools about getting money, but claims Cam and his mother didn't know about it.

http://www.wsbtv.com/sports/25778803/detail.html
                                mississppi state*

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information