College Gameday Thread: Week 13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChiFan24 View Post
    So if Arkansas beats LSU, and everything else follows suit, there's an open BCS spot. Who does that go to? You can't have 3 Big Ten teams, so does Arkansas take it? Still LSU? Big 12 loser? Or does Boise take it?
    No way Boise State gets a BCS bid with a loss. I think it's pretty simple, the winner of Arkansas-LSU goes to a BCS Bowl.

Comment

• This post is for the 410 people that joined the group on Facebook Kyle Brotzman Sucks, the 249 people who joined the group on facebook who Kyle Brotzman Sucks at life and clutch kicks, or the hacks that say they coulda made the kicks, or that this was a choke job. I have a great respect for people who put themselves in a role or job where they can be publically scrutinized for doing stuff wrong. This includes athletes, politicians, coaches, etc where people and media can call for ur job. Obviously, not as much of respect for people who serve or served in the military. But on this Thanksgiving weekend, yeah, Broxtman may lose his job. Petersen has every chance to bench his butt with good reason. But for u guys sitting on ur couches or at ur computer screens, or newspaper writing calling for this dude's head. U go out and kick field goals with ur coches', teammates, the state Idaho watching, the nation watching, the BCS haters, the BCS lovers, and everyone who loves this great game watching. Go out there with ur team's chances to win a championship in the balance. Go out there and try to make these field goals, hell one of them. Take a walk in his shoes, tell me how it goes. More than likely, it turns out the same for this young man who prolly just kicks on the team as he studies to become something else in society. Maybe consider the offense could go the next 12 or 13 yards or whatever to get a TD and stretch the lead that way. OR GET THE DEFENSE TO GET A STOP! How about that? To say this guy is the reason the Broncos now have 0 shot at the title is just ridiculous. Take a walk, vote, kick, make a decision in another man's shoes and report back to me.

[/RANT]

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
        where do you go to school?
        New Mexico State University. I'm used to sucking in football. We have the longest streak in the nation for not going to a bowl game.

Comment

• Glad Boise lost. Was getting tired of the whole AQ-BCS debate. Only teams that play an actual schedule should get a shot at the NC, period.
          I'm a state.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
            New Mexico State University. I'm used to sucking in football. We have the longest streak in the nation for not going to a bowl game.
            You guys had Chase Holbrook, who ruled.

Yes, I guess all the focus is on TCU now. Damn you Brotzman for helping giving the BCS some extra years.

However, there is one good thing: Seeing ESPN get screwed is always good.
            Last edited by RealityCheck; 11-27-2010, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Love seeing Boise go down. Wonderful day for college football.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                Love seeing Boise go down. Wonderful day for college football.
                Not if you hate the BCS....two opportunities to send it into chaos were lost today. Now, I'm going to be rooting like hell for South Carolina and TCU.

But we must remember to have faith in the Football Gods....they've made their dislike of the BCS known in the past and have given time for a change to be made, and it has not....perhaps not this year, but their wrath will fall on the BCS before long, in this, I have faith.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  Not if you hate the BCS....two opportunities to send it into chaos were lost today. Now, I'm going to be rooting like hell for South Carolina and TCU.
                  I'd have no problem with 10-3 South Carolina and 12-0 TCU in BCS games...
                  I'm a state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                    I'd have no problem with 10-3 South Carolina and 12-0 TCU in BCS games...
                    Well, I want to see it happen where South Carolina knocks Auburn out of the BCS Championship game and TCU gets in.

Pretty much any non-AQ in the championship game would really piss some big wigs off in the BCS. The system is designed to reward the big conferences and in that case, it wouldn't be. It would hopefully be the start of some eventual change...

Comment

• I'm actually one of the minority on here that is ok with the BCS. I think an 8 team playoff would be better, but I'm not one of the people that's calling for change.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

• Ok boys! Lets play a little game of, "Raise your hand if Kentucky has never beaten Tennessee in your lifetime!"

*raises hand as high as possible*
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          Well, I want to see it happen where South Carolina knocks Auburn out of the BCS Championship game and TCU gets in.

Pretty much any non-AQ in the championship game would really piss some big wigs off in the BCS. The system is designed to reward the big conferences and in that case, it wouldn't be. It would hopefully be the start of some eventual change...
                          No cheering for Oregon State?

Follow Me on Twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                            No cheering for Oregon State?
                            Them or South Carolina or whomever....Both would just be phenomenal.

Bowl
                            Chaos
                            Series

Comment

• Is it time for Chris Peterson to move on to a BCS conference team?
                              Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                                Is it time for Chris Peterson to move on to a BCS conference team?
                                He and Patterson at TCU have surely been contacted in years past, but from everything I've read and seen, they seem very committed to their programs. If someone like Michigan came along and offered to make them one of the highest paid coaches in the country, who knows....but imo, they each have it better where they're currently at than they would at some middle of the pack AQ conference school.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information