Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Auburn are the National Champs.... for now.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So Auburn are the National Champs.... for now.

    Did anyone actually bother watching this farce of a national championship game? I could careless since in a few years Auburn will be stripped of this title and season and Newton will be stripped of his Heisman. I have became disgusted with college football this season. The Heisman is a joke and means about the same as a urinal cake anymore. The Schools that cheat out number the schools that play fair and when the lame NCAA finally catches one of them they push it under the table. The NCAA Finally caught someone in the act or red handed so to say. And instead of nipping this in the bud and making Auburn Forfeit this season before all the games were played they swept that investigation under the rug. But I am sure a few years from now they'll drag it out and punish Auburn. Of course after Auburn and the NCAA make millions. And they suspend players from Ohio St. NEXT season. Hmmm, do you think any of them don't declare for the NFL? What a slap on the wrist. It just sucks for those of us who watch and cheer for teams that do it the right way. I mean at this point they might as well make it a bidding war on all players, don't make them go to school, and let them take steroids.

  • #2
    Originally posted by FordFairlane View Post
    Did anyone actually bother watching this farce of a national championship game? I could careless since in a few years Auburn will be stripped of this title and season and Newton will be stripped of his Heisman. I have became disgusted with college football this season. The Heisman is a joke and means about the same as a urinal cake anymore. The Schools that cheat out number the schools that play fair and when the lame NCAA finally catches one of them they push it under the table. The NCAA Finally caught someone in the act or red handed so to say. And instead of nipping this in the bud and making Auburn Forfeit this season before all the games were played they swept that investigation under the rug. But I am sure a few years from now they'll drag it out and punish Auburn. Of course after Auburn and the NCAA make millions. And they suspend players from Ohio St. NEXT season. Hmmm, do you think any of them don't declare for the NFL? What a slap on the wrist. It just sucks for those of us who watch and cheer for teams that do it the right way. I mean at this point they might as well make it a bidding war on all players, don't make them go to school, and let them take steroids.
    1) Take a deep breath.
    2) Lay off the caffeine.
    3) Paragraphs exist for a reason.
    4) The idea of a perfectly clean team is a myth. There are just varying levels of dirtiness.
    5) Yes, the NCAA has pretty much declared that they are all about the money.
    6) I'm willing to bet that Pryor still has some more BS surface. A prima donna that held out his decision like that has a high likelihood for underhanded dealings.
    7) I love boobies.

    Comment


    • #3
      No. No one watched this game at all.

      Comment


      • #4
        "I don't want nobody to feel sorry for me, because throughout this year didn't nobody feel sorry for Auburn," Newton said, setting a BCS record for double negatives in a single sentence.
        Don't feel bad for Auburn football. Feel bad for everyone with a degree from Auburn. Guess the next question will be does he have what it takes to beat Vince Young in the wonderlic...
        Originally posted by D-Unit
        I have no clue what Bortles is all about. Has a funny name though. Sounds like a Pokemon.


        Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock

        Comment


        • #5
          You mad???
          Originally posted by SNIPER26
          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
            1) Take a deep breath.
            2) Lay off the caffeine.
            3) Paragraphs exist for a reason.
            4) The idea of a perfectly clean team is a myth. There are just varying levels of dirtiness.
            5) Yes, the NCAA has pretty much declared that they are all about the money.
            6) I'm willing to bet that Pryor still has some more BS surface. A prima donna that held out his decision like that has a high likelihood for underhanded dealings.
            7) I love boobies.
            Pics or GTFO

            bonekrusher
            The Twitters
            themaninblack

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by FordFairlane View Post
              Did anyone actually bother watching this farce of a national championship game? I could careless since in a few years Auburn will be stripped of this title and season and Newton will be stripped of his Heisman. I have became disgusted with college football this season. The Heisman is a joke and means about the same as a urinal cake anymore. The Schools that cheat out number the schools that play fair and when the lame NCAA finally catches one of them they push it under the table. The NCAA Finally caught someone in the act or red handed so to say. And instead of nipping this in the bud and making Auburn Forfeit this season before all the games were played they swept that investigation under the rug. But I am sure a few years from now they'll drag it out and punish Auburn. Of course after Auburn and the NCAA make millions. And they suspend players from Ohio St. NEXT season. Hmmm, do you think any of them don't declare for the NFL? What a slap on the wrist. It just sucks for those of us who watch and cheer for teams that do it the right way. I mean at this point they might as well make it a bidding war on all players, don't make them go to school, and let them take steroids.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                Pics or GTFO
                Ask and Ye Shall Receive... :)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Auburn gets stripped of the title, TCU gets it, a new era is born, Cam Newton still sucks

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
                    Bewbs!!!!!!

                    bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      And can one of our grammar czars help me out:
                      Shouldn't it be Auburn IS the National Champion?
                      They are a collective team and referred as one correct? No?

                      bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I would usually say, "The Auburn Tigers are the National Champions," and "Auburn is the National Champion." Both of these are grammatically correct.

                        It depends if you're referring to the group as a whole or referring to them as individuals within the group. Therefore, "champion" or "champions" would decide which is the case. "Champion" means you're referring to them as a whole, so the verb should be singular. "Champions" means you're referring to them as individuals within the group, so the verb should be plural.

                        Grammatically, the agreement in the title is fine. If he said "champ" instead, then it would be incorrect.

                        It's tricky since it's a proper noun and not a pronoun. It's messy with showing possession too.
                        Last edited by TitanHope; 01-11-2011, 11:14 PM.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                        [@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                          And can one of our grammar czars help me out:
                          Shouldn't it be Auburn IS the National Champion?
                          They are a collective team and referred as one correct? No?
                          Auburn is
                          the Tigers are

                          Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks. No English class in a few years has left me rusty when I used to be an ace at it

                            bonekrusher
                            The Twitters
                            themaninblack

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              This post is ridiculous. First, everyone knows he got paid. Either he'll get stripped in a year or so, or they'll just let it go as to not tarnish the sport anymore. I think it's safe to assume every school has these kinds of issues, probably not as bad as Newton, but violations at least, we just hear about the ones that get caught.

                              2nd, they punished OSU for next season which is ********. But it looks like all 5 will be coming back next year, so that point you're trying to make sucks. Missing half of their senior year is hardly a slap on the wrist for these 5.

                              and Reality Check, they won't just award TCU the national championship if they take it from Auburn.
                              Last edited by Smooth Criminal; 01-12-2011, 08:04 AM.

                              Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information